Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan (2025 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / Nigerian Military Retakes Monguno, Other Communities From Boko Haram / About 600 Boko Haram Members Killed In Gombe And Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2011
Others have played it and has it backfired?
Everyone kept mute and why complain now?
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, to win a Presidential election, candidates will need to get votes from most every region in order to be considered. If Ibo leaders demand all ibo's vote Jonathan, and other regions demand that their regions not vote him, Jonathan will not win, no matter how many millions more Ibo votes he gets in Ibo land. It is as simple as that. So playing regional politics when the presidency is concerned is digging the regions own grave for future elections.

Jonathan is already going to win, because he has support from many regions. The East is just more united than other regions right now. No biggie. A more united voting bloc will carry the day.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by gokuu(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2011
Is it now that he is just hearing?
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by gokuu(m): 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
Is it now that he is just hearing?
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
EzeUche:

Jonathan is already going to win, because he has support from many regions. The East is just more united than other regions right now. No biggie. A more united voting bloc will carry the day.

Please spare me the bubble-headed responses, ok?
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Dede1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, to win a Presidential election, candidates will need to get votes from most every region in order to be considered. If Ibo leaders demand all ibo's vote Jonathan, and other regions demand that their regions not vote him, Jonathan will not win, no matter how many millions more Ibo votes he gets in Ibo land. It is as simple as that. So playing regional politics when the presidency is concerned is digging the regions own grave for future elections.

The man is simply stating what everyone ought to know in this. You cannot win when you play regional politics, especially if we intend to continue along this free and fair (maybe more for future than now) path.

This is an arrant nonsense. I never thought Shagari was more educated or more qualified to lead Nigeria than Zik yet the northern region of Nigeria did not found it fit to vote Zik in 1979. Sectional politics has been with Nigeria and there is no chance in sight it is about to disappear.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please spare me the bubble-headed responses, ok?

That is how I feel about YOUR responses most of the time. . . undecided
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dede1:

This is an arrant nonsense.[b] I never thought Shagari was more educated or more qualified to lead Nigeria than Zik yet the northern region of Nigeria did not found it fit to vote Zik in 1979. [/b]Sectional politics has been with Nigeria and there is no chance in sight it is about to disappear.

This is not 1979, this is the year 2011 -- what you call arrant nonsense is what we have now . . . Since we are now trying to pursue more reasonable elections, every people need to be conversant with the legal requirements to be met for any candidate to be declared leader. Any candidate to win must win a portion of votes from regions other than theirs in addition. So, sectional politics will not work for any group. If you don't like it, go fight the Electoral laws that make it so.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by nusdog: 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The man is simply stating what everyone ought to know in this. You cannot win when you play regional politics, especially if we intend to continue along this free and fair (maybe more for future than now) path.

How does Igbo getting into power affect my personal life?

If Nigeria wants to disintegrate because I voted for a president who for the first time in Nigeria's history treated me with the dignity I deserve as a citizen of this country, and not like some kind of vanquished booty, so be it as long I voted my choice.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2011
nusdog:

If Nigeria wants to disintegrate because I voted for a president who for the first time in Nigeria with the dignity I deserve as a citizen of this country, and not like some kind of vanquished booty, so be it as long I voted my choice.

I am simply commenting on the message the man is trying to deliver here. No clue what you will do with it at your personal level. This thread has nothing to do with disintegration or anything along that line so I do not see why you would want to inject that into this. Also, the rule I speak of applies no matter what individuals think or decide.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2011
nusdog:

If Nigeria wants to disintegrate because I voted for a president who for the first time in Nigeria's history treated me with the dignity I deserve as a citizen of this country, and not like some kind of vanquished booty, so be it as long I voted my choice.

Gbam!

Do not pay any attention to that fool. She is known to make foolish statements. Just look at her foolish statement concerning HIV in Akwa Ibom state.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by nusdog: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am simply commenting on the message the man is trying to deliver here. No clue what you will do with it at your personal level.

The man in question is a bigoted ethnocentric bat. So his message cannot be any different from reflecting his narrow-mindedness.

What Igbos need in any election is for all aspirants to show us the plans they have for Ndigbo and how they intend to acheive these.

The candidate with the best programme protecting Igbo interests gets our bloc votes.

The alleged conspiracy of denying Igbos presidency, whether true or not, has taught us how to get the best for ourselves in this complex problematic society called Nigeria.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2011
nusdog:

The man in question is a bigoted ethnocentric bat. So his message cannot be any different from reflecting his narrow-mindedness.
Well, I think I have made it clear by now that since I do not have proof of his person being such, I will only focus on the message and not the messenger.

nusdog:

What Igbos need in any election is for all aspirants to show us the plans they have for Ndigbo and how they intend to acheive these.
All the Aspirants have clearly shown plans by now.

nusdog:

The candidate with the best programme protecting Igbo interests gets our bloc votes.

The alleged conspiracy of denying Igbos presidency, whether true or not, has taught us how to get the best for ourselves in this complex problematic society called Nigeria.

I don't know of any alleged conspiracy as you speak of. Again, please understand the context of this here. This is not about Ibos but the message is simply on how the so-called Ibo leaders decided to play sectional politics or not. Sectional politics will not benefi t any group, even Hausas. I believe that is the core of the message and should be the focus of this.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by CrudeOil2(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2011
Idealistically, he is very correct.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Dede1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is not 1979, this is the year 2011 -- what you call arrant nonsense is what we have now . . . Since we are now trying to pursue more reasonable elections, every people need to be conversant with the legal requirements to be met for any candidate to be declared leader. Any candidate to win must win a portion of votes from regions other than theirs in addition. So, sectional politics will not work for any group. If you don't like it, go fight the Electoral laws that make it so.

Sometimes you come across as individual with organize social order above your shoulders but further examination reveals you are below average.

Talking about Nigeria of yesteryears and today including your empty twist such as “legal requirements to be met for any candidate to be declared leader. Any candidate to win must win a portion of votes from regions other than theirs in addition”, I guess you have forgotten about Richard Akinjide as his 2/3 of 19 majority plea during electioneering legal contest.

Do you leave in the cave not to know that each candidate vying to hold the political mantle of Nigeria must win certain percentage of votes cast in each state not even geopolitical zone?

What difference does electoral laws make when a region has perennially swore not to vote for a particular candidate because of ethnicity and religion? In the election of 1979,  Ndigbo, at least, made Shagari appeared electable but same can not be said about northern region of Nigeria in respect to Zik except Plateau State.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dede1:

Sometimes you come across as individual with organize social order above your shoulders but further examination reveals you are below average.

Talking about Nigeria of yesteryears and today including your empty twist such as “legal requirements to be met for any candidate to be declared leader. Any candidate to win must win a portion of votes from regions other than theirs in addition”, I guess you have forgotten about Richard Akinjide as his 192/3 majority plea during electioneering legal contest.

Ramblings again . . . . Our constitution was drafted in 1999 . . . so anything prior is rubbish to it.

The electoral act is from 2006. So again, rather than going back to million 1900, bring your head back to current laws and rules. For a candidate to be declared a winner in a presidential election, the candidate is required to win a portion of votes from other regions, in addition to the one he belongs. Again, if you do not like it, go attack your legislators.

Dede1:

Do you leave in the cave not to know that each candidate vying to hold the political mantle of Nigeria must win certain percentage of votes cast in each state not even geopolitical zone?

What difference does electoral laws make when a region has perennially swore not to vote for a particular candidate because of ethnicity and religion? In the election of 1979, Ndigbo, at least, made Shagari appeared electable but same can not be said about northern region of Nigeria in respect to Zik except Plateau State.

This is clearly nothing to do with my person but you lacking simply understanding of the current context we exist in. Again, this is 2011, and the requirement is that candidates win a portion of votes from as many regions as they can. SIMPLE!!
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by okeyezeji: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[/quo
kasiem link=topic=647891.msg8138963#msg8138963 date=1302935785:

Where was this fool when igbos were being marginalised? See as fever as fever dey catch everybody cos say igbos dey support lucky joe
e]
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
“It is ill-timed and uncalled for; in the sense that it smacks of division; it smacks of anti-peace, anti-progress and anti-security,” said Monguno.

You see! This is why these people hijack power at the center all the time. So, Ohanaeze endorsement of Jonathan now constitutes breach of peace?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

That is how they have defined Nigerian law and warped it beyond commonsense. Citizens can only exercise their views if they are in Arewa. If other groups try it, they must be charged with breaching of peace!
I'm sure this is part of why Pat Utomi was calling for the system to be pulled down completely; a system of animal farm where some animals are more equal than others. Well, bad news for Mr Ali "Mongo", Mungono, we have learned from the best.

Jonathan will get our vote EN BLOCK.  cool
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
And Buhari wants to abolish state of origin for state of residence? Should be efcc boss or IG or some crime and corruption fighting boss not president. Goodluck should have been a state accountant in Bayelsa so his people can feel his clueless brain. Ribadu should just go back to school, Where in the hell is Donald Duke? Leaders with visions first not mission. Only Ribadu has a vision IMO but lacks will power! GEJ, no comments (Absolutely clueless). Buhari is confusing mission for vision,
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
134. (1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be  
  deemed to have be been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates  
  for the election -  
        (a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and  
        (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election  
        in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and  
        the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed  
    to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for  
    the election-  
        (a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election;  
        and  
        each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and  

http://www.dawodu.com/electoralact2006.htm
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
We all know the man yelled the truth and like many of us have been saying, Ohaneze's calls all over the place for ibo people to do this and do that 'mounts to nothing but political destruction and a big set back for ibo people.

You can point fingers at Arewa as much as you want, the fact is Arewa including Ciroma were scolded and admonished by their own people for doing what Ohaneze did and Afenifere basically shut their mouth.

Obviously, GEJ ain't worth the price ibo people are going to pay for this political foolishness, self desitructive behavior and  silly adventure, on top of that, GEJ can not and is not in any possition to give you Aso Rock and GEJ himself took that opportunity away from ibo peole.

The question is, why scarifice so much and leave yourself exposed  for nothing? You don't even have political or regional power to fight for anything at the Nationa level.

You can not take a shortcut to Aso Rock, you have to build up your power base, groom serious and credible candidiates and fight just like the rest of the country.

The fact that ibo people and their leaders are looking up to an ijaw man far away from their borders to carry their water bottle is a sad refelction of ibo people's failure and inability to fight and survive on their own, it's also manifesting at the national level with all high level federal possitions slipping away from ibo people, even the positions zoned to them are getting yanked away from them in broad daylight by other regions.

These unfortunate and misguided moves confirms the fact that the east is inconsequential and irrelevant.

It's also sad reading posts by kids from the east spweing their usual pointless defiant rubbish as if they are oblivious to the facts and realities on the ground.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
^^

So how is that any of YOUR concern?
Shouldn't you be rejoicing that "Ibo" is losing grip, since you hate them so much?
Why are you having sleepless nights over this so called "Ibo foolishness"?

I dey laugh no be small.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Dede1(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

134. (1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be 
   deemed to have be been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates 
   for the election - 
         in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and 
         the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
    (2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed 
     to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for 
     the election- 
         (a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election; 
         and 
         each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and   

What are you babbling about? With this post, it seems you do not know the electoral history of Nigeria. From the federal electoral decree # 73 of 1977 through #24 of 1999, electoral act of 2001 and 2002 to 2006, all maintained the same clause except when refereeing to number of states and FCT of the federation.
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by EkoIle1: 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

So how is that any of YOUR concern?
Shouldn't you be rejoicing that "Ibo" is losing grip, since you hate them so much?
Why are you having sleepless nights over this so called "Ibo foolishness"?

I dey laugh no be small.

Must you people display how shallow, ignorant and thoughtless you are?

I'm a not a Nigerian?
Is the East not part of Nigeria?
In your warped mind, do you thnk the actions of the folks in the eastern part of Nigeria doesn't affect the rest of Nigeria?
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dede1:

What are you babbling about? With this post, it seems you do not know the electoral history of Nigeria. From the federal electoral decree # 73 of 1977 through #24 of 1999, electoral act of 2001 and 2002 to 2006, all maintained the same clause except when refereeing to number of states in federation.

um . . . .  **scratches head again and again ***

Again, the 2006 Electoral act is what we are using today. I am not sure why you are having a hard time understanding that those before do not apply since we have now adopted the 2006 Electoral Act.

[size=13pt]134. (1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have be been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates for the election- 
         (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed  to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election- 
          (a) he has the highest number of votes cast at the election; and 
         (b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and 
 [/size]

Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2011
Truth has been said already, Where was Ali when Atiku said there will be civil war if the north don't win?
When Arewa council wants Hausa president?
When Northerners were cheer leading the ppl who don't want Jonathan in?
Seriously, it's a case of pot calling the kettle black,

They both ignorant simple!!!!
Re: Ali Monguno Condemns Ohanaeze’s Call On Igbo To Vote For Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2011
9jaganja:

Truth has been said already, Where was Ali when Atiku said there will be civil war if the north don't win?
When Arewa council wants Hausa president?
When Northerners were cheer leading the ppl who don't want Jonathan in?
Seriously, it's a case of pot calling the kettle black,

They both ignorant simple!!!!

Don't confuse the PDP Northern leaders with all NORTHERN leaders!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Did Igbos Force The South South People To Join Rebellion? / SANUSI LAMIDO Sanusi:africa Must Get Real About Chinese Ties / We Shall Join Asari Dokubo - Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.