Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

I'm In Love With An 'ada' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm In Love With An 'ada' (3239 Views)

My Wife Has To Be Drunk Before Making Love With Me –mortuary Attendant / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Marrying An Ada Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Love With An 'ada' by ebonflexy(m): 2:28am On Mar 27, 2021
I love this girl.
She told me she is an "Ada".
I understand that to mean that she is the first born daughter of her village (Somewhere in Abia state).

She is very beautfiful, hard working and industrious.
If I marry her, what specifically am I to expect in terms of "first daughter" from her village people?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by sweetyme001(f): 4:06am On Mar 27, 2021
All Nigerian Adas don't have Sense they borrow Sense from their younger siblings. It will end in premium tears the day you run out of cash:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Richy4(m): 6:45am On Mar 27, 2021
OP sorry for asking you this question... What were you doing with your mouth when you were with her?
You reserved the question you should have asked her just to ask us?. Ask her, she will be in a better position to tell you..

8 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by cricifixo: 7:13am On Mar 27, 2021
If u marry an ada in most families, be prepared to accomodate the whole members of ur wife's family especially d mum who will always try to seize control of ur home through her.
Not to discourage you op, not all are like dat but majority carries d vote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 27, 2021
sweetyme001:
All Nigerian Adas don't have Sense they borrow Sense from their younger siblings. It will end in premium tears the day you run out of cash:

I don't get? Their siblings are younger, na who suppose borrow who sense?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2021
ebonflexy:

If I marry her, what specifically am I to expect in terms of "first daughter" from her village people?

You mean marriage list? I don’t know of any special list for Adas, though there would be plenty HYPE. Igbo fathers are usually attached to their Adas, except she be efulefu. So you will hear lots of “na person Ada” (in Igbo). You would also be expected to marry her properly, like fulfil the most important rites to the best of your capability as she would most likely set the pace for her younger ones (sisters). It would also make her father happy and proud of you.

If you are not Igbo, you may face some resistance. Normal shakara or serious shakara. There is this part of not wanting Adas to marry out/far, but this is 2021. Adas act like mother hens and handle the home affairs- fostering unity amongst their siblings, so they want them close and married to men who understand the culture. Even when they are married, you would typically see her having a headache over affairs in her EXTENDED family, because the moment you come of age as an Ada, they would report your elder ones to you and expect you to handle the situation.

I must say you should be careful about marrying an Ada from an entitled family and an Ada who doesn’t have a mind of her own. The latter is worse than the former, I will tell you why when I’m done with Saturday morning laziness.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Loveis real o
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by culf: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2021
sweetyme001:

why are you like this na? You're super wrong.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by culf: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2021
ebonflexy:
I love this girl.
I understand that to mean that she is the first born daughter of her village (Somewhere in Abia state).

expect responsibility. Be responsible not just financially.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2021
ebonflexy:
I love this girl.

If you're lucky marry an Ada, you gain not just a wife, but a mother too.
They're special. A whole package.

6 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 11:32am On Mar 27, 2021
culf:

expect responsibility. Be responsible not just financially.

Ndi Ada are mostly very responsible.
They are specially raised with a strong sense of obligation...especially toward their siblings.
They hardly look to others to carry their responsibility, instead they'll carry theirs and yours as well.
Their siblings are able to rely on them and they hardly disappoint. They're like sisters and mothers at the same time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by culf: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2021
Mariangeles:

They are specially raised with a strong sense of obligation...especially toward their siblings.
They hardly look to others to carry their responsibility, instead they'll carry theirs and yours as well.
Their siblings are able to rely on them and they hardly disappoint. They're like sisters and mothers at the same time.

you're right. That's why in some part of Igbo land, you pay more for Them

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
culf:

you're right. That's why in some part of Igbo land, you pay more for Them

Pay more for them? grin

They're priceless jewels, not commodities.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by culf: 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
Mariangeles:

Pay more for them? grin
They're priceless jewels, not commodities.

I know, I'm talking about bride price.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by francdec4(m): 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
I hardly comment but I decided to do that on this one. Truth be told the Adas are the best you can get. They start early to learn some of the best attributes by virtue of them being the oldest child, virtues like selflessness as they put they siblings first before themselves, caring, calmness, maturity etc. If you see one with the above you mentioned don't let her go, marry her. That's my submission from experience.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
sweetyme001:

Na wa o! undecided You've probably had a bad peculiar experience with one. But your summation up there is very incorrect.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by missimelda01(f): 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
francdec4:
I hardly comment but I decided to do that on this one. Truth be told the Adas are the best you can get. They start early to learn some of the best attributes by virtue of them being the oldest child, virtues like selflessness as they put they siblings first before themselves, caring, calmness, maturity etc. If you see one with the above you mentioned don't let her go, marry her. That's my submission from experience.
The undiluted truth.
ADAs have spent most of their lives caring for other people so when you meet one, give her enough love and care and you won’t regret it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 29, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Na wa o! undecided You've probably had a bad peculiar experience with one. But your summation up there is very incorrect.

Interesting, so you're also an Ada too?. grin
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2021
truthsayer009:

Interesting, so you're also an Ada too?. grin

Just because I corrected him? cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by MrCork1: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

ok wot color is it exactly?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Yes. I mean it's so easy to be an "Ada" since it's just about first born daughters.

cricifixo:
If u marry an ada in most families, be prepared to accommodate the whole members of ur wife's family especially d mum who will always try to seize control of ur home through her.

Is there any marriage in Nigeria where you won't accommodate the whole family?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
truthsayer009:

Yes. I mean it's so easy to be an "Ada" since it's just about first born daughters.

Chai, why are you invalidating our prestigious title?

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by crackhaus: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
Despite all the accolades showered on these 'Adas' here, I have met and know a few who are nothing but extremely silly, entitled, and very badly-behaved.
This entitled trait is actually quite common with a lot of 'Adas' – this is the part no one likes to talk about.

However, I'm usually of the opinion that people ought to be judged based on their unique individualities, than on what their position in the family "represents".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
[quote author=PrimadonnaO post=100309644][/quote]

So you finally agree that you are an Ada lol.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2021
crackhaus:
Despite all the accolades showered on these 'Adas' here, I have met and know a few who are nothing but extremely silly, entitled, and very badly-behaved.
This entitled trait is actually quite common with a lot of 'Adas' – this is the part no one likes to talk about.

However, I'm usually of the opinion that people ought to be judged based on their unique individualities, than on what their position in the family "represents".

Whose fault is it then if you only meet the "wrong ones"?
One's personality determines the kind of people they attract you know?

I can only agree with you on the entitled part to a certain extent (they mostly act like entitled princesses because it's part of how they were raised) ...then again, we all have flaws in general. Nobody's perfect.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Liposure: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

Only an ada can talk like this. I knew it.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
truthsayer009:

So you finally agree that you are an Ada lol.

grin
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by crackhaus: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

Whose fault is it then if you only meet the "wrong ones"?
One's personality determines the kind of people they attract you know?

I can only agree with you on the entitled part to a certain extent (they mostly act like entitled princesses because it's part of how they were raised) ...then again, we all have flaws in general. Nobody's perfect.
She took the bait. Lmao... cheesy

There were two people on this thread whom I knew would take my comment personal – you are the second... grin

And stop typing "they", it's all too obvious you're an Ada.

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
crackhaus:

She took the bait. Lmao... cheesy

There were two people on this thread whom I knew would take my comment personal – you are the second... grin

And stop typing "they", it's all too obvious you're an Ada.

For your mind you too get sense abi?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
Liposure:
Only an ada can talk like this. I knew it.

I don't know what you're talking about o cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Liposure: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

I don't know what you're talking about o cheesy
I may have been too forward but you left me no choice. Anyhow, if you say so, who i'm i to dispute.

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Nigerian Celebrities Who Died During Childbirth, We Pray Their Souls Rest On / Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous / Please Can Someone Tell Me What I Did Wrong Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.