Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,989 members, 7,866,717 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa (997 Views)

If The Bible Will Take Africans To Heaven, Will The White Man Bring It To Africa / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Offers Free Education To 400 Children / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by orisa37: 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Nobody invented writing.

U are educated so Search Google.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
orisa37:

U are educated so Search Google.
Google is false if it says any particular race did.
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by orisa37: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:

shocked

I see your Smile.
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by orisa37: 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Google is false if it says any particular race did.

U are an Atheist.
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:
because we were crude....

We used to kill twins

Who is we
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Dtruthspeaker: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
inegbedion30210:
Well, you've managed to put a few words down... Thanks to Education.

We were communicating and transacting with our fellowmen long before what you erroneously call "Education" came!
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2021
donnie:
To enslave the minds of the people. Same reason he brought religion. And just for the records, there was education in Africa before white man came. The first Higher Institution of learning in the world was in Timbuktu, West Africa.

Among the children of Israel in southern Nigeria, they had several Nsibidi writing system and so on. Don't forget, the entire bible took place in Africa. The first prophets and scribes were black people.

Timbuktu was a centre for Islamic education brought by the Arabs! It Is not quintessentially African. I'm guessing you're going to mention the big mosque next? Or Mansa Musa?

Show me the ancient writings in nsibidi, show the cave markings in nsibidi?
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by illicit(m): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

Who is we

Africans.... Awuuu
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:

Africans.... Awuuu

So 'Africans' killed twins? undecided
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Ilamina(f): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do you care about education and people who lived thousands of years ago? undecided
Why did you pay to get white Man's education? undecided
Why are using white Man's technology? undecided
Why are you on white Man's internet? undecided
Why? Why?? Why undecided

Peer pressure

Not strong enough to say no to education

And why should I not care what happened years ago
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by illicit(m): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

So 'Africans' killed twins? undecided

Yes, they were taboo

They will have them taken into the forest and bash their heads on a rock or tree trunk
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:

Yes, they were taboo

They will have them taken into the forest and bash their heads on a rock or tree trunk

Just stop. It was a minor tribe in Nigeria that had this practice.

Yorubas have always REVERED and respected twinss.

Your comment implies killing twins is something Africans generally did and it makes you sound ignorant.
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by illicit(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

Just stop. It was a minor tribe in Nigeria that had this practice.

Yorubas have always REVERED and respected twinss.

Your comment implies killing twins is something Africans generally did and it makes you sound ignorant.

Yorubas do it....

My mom told me her great grandmum had twins severally but they were killed....

My great great grandma was her only surviving child

Don't be scared of your history
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:

Yorubas do it....

My mom told me her great grandmum had twins severally but they were killed....

My great great grandma was her only surviving child

Don't be scared of your history

This wasn't a general practise with Yorubas. Yorubas have the highest rate of twins in the world.

And there is a deity represented as twins

Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ilamina:

Peer pressure
Not strong enough to say no to education
And why should I not care what happened years ago
And those peers still responsible for using that which you were pressured into getting, even at this age? undecided
There are still some uneducated folks out there who have no white man education, so are you seriously sure that you are in the best seat to whine? undecided

Not strong enough to say no , but strong enough to condemn/stand against that which you could not say no to? undecided

Events that took place 2000-6000 years ago is what you pretend happened years ago? undecided
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by illicit(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

This wasn't a general practise with Yorubas. Yorubas have the highest rate of twins in the world.

And there is a deity represented as twins

That was later, they were killed before

Worshipping them came much more later and it was a form of appeasement

I don't know if u will understand tho

I have a lot of twins in my family presently personally, that was their story
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
illicit:

That was later, they were killed before

Worshipping them came much more later and it was a form of appeasement

I don't know if u will understand tho

I have a lot of twins in my family presently personally, that was their story

Hmm.. but Yorubas didn't then begin to revere twins due to any foreigner, they started revering twins on their own
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by illicit(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

Hmm.. but Yorubas didn't then begin to revere twins due to any foreigner, they started revering twins on their own

They just felt remorse about the way they have treated them, hence the worship....
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Ilamina(f): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And those peers still responsible for using that which you were pressured into getting, even at this age? undecided
There are still some uneducated folks out there who have no white man education, so are you seriously sure that you are in the best seat to whine? undecided

Not strong enough to say no , but strong enough to condemn/stand against that which you could not say no to? undecided

Events that took place 2000-6000 years ago is what you pretend happened years ago? undecided

I am just trying to be on the safe side

They say it's better to be a Christian
Then wait till the judgement day and find out that God is the way, truth and light

I am just lucky to go to school
No one knows the judgement the uneducated will get. .
The same way we do not know the fate of muslins and hindu

People still research about dinosaurs etc
Everyone curious what their ancestors did,its our history

Like you dont research or dont care or read or watch documentaries about world history

1 Like

Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ilamina:

I am just trying to be on the safe side

They say it's better to be a Christian
Then wait till the judgement day and find out that God is the way, truth and light

I am just lucky to go to school
No one knows the judgement the uneducated will get. .
The same way we do not know the fate of muslins and hindu

People still research about dinosaurs etc
Everyone curious what their ancestors did,its our history

Like you dont research or dont care or read or watch documentaries about world history
For someone who is educated, you reason worse than one who uneducated. What has your white man education to do with Christianity, God, God's judgment and the whole nine? undecided

Even the uneducated fishermen that Jesus Christ taught His way and Truth to, back 2000 years ago, knew there was a separation between what Jesus taught and the world of men. undecided

Dem dey research dinosaurs, so you go follow dem do that too? No be everybody get that kind brain... undecided
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Ilamina(f): 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
For someone who is educated, you reason worse than one who uneducated. What has your white man education to do with Christianity, God, God's judgment and the whole nine? undecided

Even the uneducated fishermen that Jesus Christ taught His way and Truth to, back 2000 years ago, knew there was a separation between what Jesus taught and the world of men. undecided

Dem dey research dinosaurs, so you go follow dem do that too? No be everybody get that kind brain... undecided

That time was there even education
To know the difference between the world and religion

I am just trying to understand who brought this soulless culture of education to the world

All those fishermen, carpenters in the bible didnt go to school
Even jesus was a son of a carpenter
If the white man follows the bible
Why did they start this soulless culture of education afterwards
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by donnie(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

Timbuktu was a centre for Islamic education brought by the Arabs! It Is not quintessentially African. I'm guessing you're going to mention the big mosque next? Or Mansa Musa?

Show me the ancient writings in nsibidi, show the cave markings in nsibidi?

You just went to read up stuff you know nothing about and come here to spew trash. They were Islamic so? They were Arabs ehen? You think they were white? Or you think you can bring that your yeye religious talk here? The school (Sankore Madrasah) was established by Mansa Musa, a very black man. NONSNESE.

The so-called Arabs were black Africans. I'm not sure you can wrap your head around that. Even the Songhai empire and it's civilization was built by Ghanaians (Isrealites) led by Sunni Ali.
The empire saw its downfall with the Arab invasions.

The Songhai empire and Mali kingdom were black civilizations. Don't bring that your stupid whiteman worship here. Today the same black arabs are invading your lands from the Sahel but buffoons are still praying to white Jesus for deliverance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
It wasn't Education they brought but their own Political system!
Education is studying how to go about life and dealings with your fellowman all other things that follows like comes under skills and communication!
As people continue to multiply on the surface of the earth they're developing different systems of communication and skills. For instance it was in Egypt that Moses learnt how to read and write in the palace of Pharaoh (first world's most powerful nation) note that people who develop anything worthwhile will first take it to such places and once the king is convinced that such a thing will benefit his people he will first get it for the royal family then other nobles will buy it two that's why it's only the rich back then that used to have their children possess such noble things as the poor can afford it.
So when the white wanted to exploit Africa the first thing they did was to introduce writing and reading skills, our people fell for this bait not knowing that the white had a hidden agenda: the first set that acquire this skills will work with the white men to exploit our resources and when the white are leaving they'll leave an everlasting plan to continue getting all the goodies of our land.
So they rendered our political system useless so that it's their own underdogs that are ruling us. Whenever they notice any of us that's too smart for them they'll use diplomacy to drag such a person down.
Ask anybody about what i'm saying, when they got to Ègbá land in Abeokuta they were confused because the first set of slaves were from the place so there were lawyers, engineers, doctors and Bishops in Abéòkúta this made them declare Egba land as an independent community out of the whole Nigeria!
That's why you're seeing Abéòkúta people always in the forefront in Nigerian Politics.
So it's not education they brought per say but communication skills and Politics, whenever i read articles from Atheists saying the white man brought religion i laugh hard, because our people already have our own religious settings before the white man set their foot in Africa. What they did was to empower their own religious settings so that those who were under their religious settings can continue handling the affairs of our land, that's why the frontiers in Politics anywhere you go are members of the Orthodox Churches.
No wonder they're always having issues with the eastern world where Islam is the order, today the Muslims are trying to fight back but it's too late the whites are using diplomacy to divide them so that they can't stand as one! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Ilamina(f): 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
Even carpenter is hardwork

Farming is what my jamaican friend suggest for black people
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ilamina:

That time was there even education
To know the difference between the world and religion

I am just trying to understand who brought this soulless culture of education to the world

All those fishermen, carpenters in the bible didnt go to school
Even jesus was a son of a carpenter
If the white man follows the bible
Why did they start this soulless culture of education afterwards
Soulless culture of education? What an Interesting way to qualify education as a whole. undecided

So the many educated carpenter, fishermen, farmers, blacksmith, etc, all of them products of the Soulless culture of education are what? undecided
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Ilamina(f): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Soulless culture of education? What an Interesting way to qualify education as a whole. undecided

So the many educated carpenter, fishermen, farmers, blacksmith, etc, all of them products of the Soulless culture of education are what? undecided

Education comes with stress and anxiety

Teaching a child from small is hard work
Making your child solve hard mathematics is punishment

Education sucks

White mans wicked culture
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ilamina:

Education comes with stress and anxiety

Teaching a child from small is hard work
Making your child solve hard mathematics is punishment

Education sucks

White mans wicked culture
Life itself is a giant ball of stress and anxiety yet I don't see you bailing out of that boat anytime soon, it seems. undecided

Ofcourse when thè teacher is lazy, teaching becomes hard work. And if you have a terrible teacher teaching a child math, the process will altogether seem like punishment to the child when it could instead be fun. undecided

Life also sucks the life out of you but you have yet to complain about that. undecided

As for white man culture being wicked, you mean say black man culture better pass? undecided
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
donnie:

You just went to read up stuff you know nothing about and come here to spew trash. They were Islamic so? They were Arabs ehen? You think they were white? Or you think you can bring that your yeye religious talk here? The school (Sankore Madrasah) was established by Mansa Musa, a very black man. NONSNESE.

The so-called Arabs were black Africans. I'm not sure you can wrap your head around that. Even the Songhai empire and it's civilization was built by Ghanaians (Isrealites) led by Sunni Ali.

The Songhai empire and Mali kingdom were black civilizations. Don't bring that your stupid whiteman worship here. Today the same black arabs are invading your lands from the Sahel but buffoons are still praying to white Jesus for deliverance.

Did I say they were white, you bellend?
Yeah, forget it.

I'll leave you to your revionisism. It's like trying to explain colours to a blind man.

Where is your proof that the Arabs were black?
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ilamina:

Kinda true, we should all grow our own food
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by 1Sharon(f): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
donnie:

Are you even west African, you cuck?

Mansa Musa the richest man ever lived? Would you like to talk about his slaves?
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ilamina:
Farming for black people? undecided
Even white man dey grow dem own food too but they still engage their minds in other areas. undecided
Re: Why Did The White Man Bring Education To Africa by donnie(m): 6:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
1Sharon:

Did I say they were white, you bellend?
Yeah, forget it.
I'll leave you to your revionisism. It's like trying to explain colours to a blind man.

Where is your proof that the Arabs were black?

No they were white, like your white Jesus...
What a shame and a disgrace. angry

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Blame Terrorists, Blame The Source / An Honest Question For All Atheists ! / bc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.