Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,906 members, 7,838,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? (180 Views)

Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Chrisbright352: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2021
I'll drop this for use to share our knowledge on this, but ill just give an insight of the knowledge I already have on this topic.

We all agree that God is Light, and the opposite of light is the absence of light, which is darkness. This is to say the opposite of God is THE ABSENCE OF GOD.
Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Hashabiah: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2021
In my own opinion, God has no opposite. For who will you compare Him to? You can only compare the character of God to other deities but in the fullness of it, God cannot be compared to any conceivable notion
Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by judgementyard(m): 8:35am On Mar 27, 2021
There are questions you don't bother for answers,......your mental health will have issues.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Chrisbright352: 8:36am On Mar 27, 2021
Very true, you the opposite of someone or something is whatever can contend with that thing or person.

The opposite of "right is wrong" but when we talk about the opposite of God, devil doesn't stand a chance, talk more of deity. Like I said God is light, when there is no light, we find total despair.
Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On Mar 31, 2021
Chrisbright352:
I'll drop this for use to share our knowledge on this, but ill just give an insight of the knowledge I already have on this topic.

We all agree that God is Light, and the opposite of light is the absence of light, which is darkness. This is to say the opposite of God is THE ABSENCE OF GOD.
God is Light? Where does this come from please? undecided
Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:56am On Mar 31, 2021
Hashabiah:
In my own opinion, God has no opposite. For who will you compare Him to? You can only compare the character of God to other deities but in the fullness of it, God cannot be compared to any conceivable notion

Sweet Answer and I concur. That's what "None Like Him and None Other" means. No Opposite!
Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57am On Mar 31, 2021
Chrisbright352:
Very true, you the opposite of someone or something is whatever can contend with that thing or person.

The opposite of "right is wrong" but when we talk about the opposite of God, devil doesn't stand a chance, talk more of deity. Like I said God is light, when there is no light, we find total despair.

Plenty Sweet sweet Answers today! Praise Be to God Forever!
Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by Kobojunkie: 8:00am On Mar 31, 2021
Chrisbright352:

The Devil is not the opposite of God though... because an opposite has to be of fairly equal status with God, right? Well, God as the creator of all things implies He, God, created the one you call "the devil". Hence the devil cannot be reasonably considered God opposite. undecided

1 Like

Re: Discussion: What Or Who Is The Opposite Of God? by MightySparrow: 8:21am On Mar 31, 2021
On the other side of the Divide? Nothing.

If say opposite of godliness, I would suggest Islam. Steal. Kill, Destroy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Our Ancestors Connect With Us / Is It Right For A " Man Of God" To Make Someone Blind? / How To Know If You Have Spirit Husband Or Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.