Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,059 members, 7,852,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

The World Moves On - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The World Moves On (232 Views)

Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / This Little, Chubby Girl's Dance Moves Will Put A Smile On Your Face (Photos) / Man Abandons His Young Wife And Kids, Moves In With Another Lady. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Moves On by TypicallyBrunt(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2021
Have you ever paid heed to how much the world really care?

You are important, irreplaceable, a diamond, we certainly can't do without you bla bla bla; my brother/sister, no think am because in reality only a select few out of your immediate family, spouse(s), friends will truly have disruptions in their normal activities if you're suddenly unavailable.

I have been noticing how short-lived it all is but maybe it really dawn on me a few weeks back when a colleague of mine (a departmental head in a different unit in my workplace) suddenly died in a ghastly road traffic accident on his way home from work. I was broken and felt ill all through the night, it's safe to say i expected major work disruptions at least in his unit and a significant reaction from the organization the next day.

Suffice to say, i couldn't be more disappointed. Beside some gloomy faces and a few show of emotions by people just getting the news that morning, people basically moved on with their lives and there wasn't even a delay in service delivery in his department let alone the whole organization.

Did i mention that it being an islamic burial, that my workplace didn't even officially have a representative at his burial? Yeah they didn't as it took place around 8 am in the morning before such arrangements were concluded.

Have you ever been surprised with how quickly people have moved on after the demise of their spouses, relatives, colleagues etc?
Share your thoughts.

Re: The World Moves On by culf: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2021
yeah, have observed it severally. It shows how vain most things are.
Re: The World Moves On by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 11:32am On Mar 27, 2021
Actually people don't just move, they just try to feel strong and act like they aren't affected by the demise of a friend, family or even an enemy.

When they get home from work, the lean on the wall with their head facing the ceiling.
They try to understand why do people die and what is the essence of life itself. It's at that point you realize if life is worth the struggles

2 Likes

Re: The World Moves On by 1F30M4(f): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hmmmm.. Life is indeed a mystery

Death knows no one, it doesn't give prior notice.. We're never prepared for it and we can't effectively deal with the grief even if we tried.. It is traumatic, it is painful, it is heartbreaking.. The sad truth however is this, death doesn't freeze time, the earth won't be at a stand still, it will definitely keep rotating, life will always always go on.. We can wail and cry and mourn all we want, even that would never seem enough and honestly it won't really change anything. People may fail at showing their pain but I assure you they did feel it maybe not as you did/would.

For your deceased colleague, may Allah reward his good deeds and forgive his shortcomings, Amin.

(1) (Reply)

10 Years Facebook Account For Sale, Over 1000 Freinds / Who Is At Fault / Female Infertility: What Every Woman Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.