Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:08 AM

How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi (21457 Views)

Nigeria's Presidential Yacht Controversy By Naptu2 / 3 Lessons From The Ethnicization Of JAMB Controversy By Farooq Kperogi / Buhari And The Ruga Controversy By Clarius Ugwuoha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Ykc2(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
oaugraduate1234:

I hope you will be able to defend your point when you meet God on judgement day
Allah or original Christian God?
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Ykc2(m): 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2021
doxijaw:
Lots of anti Muslim bias.

A simple solution is tolerance, refer to a similar situation in Australia, where Christians wore head covering to support their muslins friends.

Why would a Christian oppose something as simple as a head covering when even Catholic Christian's cover their head's.

It's not like they're wearing burkas that covers their faces.

Just a bunch of self serving hypocrites with political agendas.
Christian children went to school with hijab forced on them in Northern Nigeria, if a Muslim say good morning to you please check your time very well it maybe 5p.m, I never see a religion that lies like Islam, then I remember taqiya is part of Islam,if Muslim are in minority they will try to preach peace as soon as they became majority they will demand for everything for them selves see what France is suffering today because of their stupidness allowing 5 million Muslim in their country ,thank god we won't witness this madness in the east

2 Likes

Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
Asalam aleikum Jarma.

The only solution to this problem and other world terrorist problems is for all Muslims of the world to get converted to Christianity. Because Christianity is that onlyreligion that represents Peace.

Any other religion shouting peace peace are just excercising the muscles of their mouths. The fruits of their characters are the evidences of this. Jakidijaganism.

I hope with this point of mine I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that the only solution for peace to reign in the world is for all Muslims to be converted to Christianity. grin

Please let no one mention me or I will report you to Mynd45 grin
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Asiseeit: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
Esseite:

What is a secondary school doing with 12,663 students?... no wonder the teaching standard kept dropping..
For clarity sake. wink
Not a secondary school that's 12,663 students, but the 6 schools combined.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Koolyarn: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
Mr. Farooq, please allow the Christians to wear cassock , the star of David or any Christian attire to any Muslim school in Kwara.
I am sure that the Muslim owners won't protest ... Or will they?

What the Kwara state government is doing is insulting the inclusive nature of the Christian missionary before the schools were forcefully taken from them.

This is divisive and would create schism in future development..

If a missionary organisation wants to builds a world class hospital and they know that government will eventually forces them to enact laws like only the female doctors should handle female patient. I want to believe that they won't come
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by gabbasin(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
for peace to reign, it's either kwara state government return these schools to their original owners or change the name of the school to reflect a non religious inclinations, I find it odd seeing female students wearing hijabs to a Baptist school. It's just like wearing hijab to a church
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nwaide01: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
After reading the man's first article and this one I found out that they are closely intertwined because he was still harping on those schools being public schools and also on the right of female Muslims to wear hijab, but he failed to address one nagging question which everyone who is neutral in this issue has been asking which is about the schools uniform. Since the government didn't interfered with the uniforms of those schools during their takeover and it wasn't an issue then why now.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Munamu: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
Racoon:
Follow up thread to:
https://www.nairaland.com/6468697/hijab-red-meat-bigotry-farooq#100045319

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2021/03/how-to-resolve-hijab-controversy.html?m=1#.YF6u6Cigq1w.twitter

This prof is speaking with both sides of the mouth. Like he is not schooled on the matter on ground. The case before the court is for the schools to he returned to their owners. The issue of hijab came when the appeal court passed an obiter dictum on hijab,which is not binding. The schools are grant aided schools, not government schools. In such that owners should continue hold the true core values of the schools, and take most decisions.
The issue before the court is not that of hijab, so the state govt erred in imposing hijab on christian schools.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kingspin(m): 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
All these English are confusing people.

Muslims should go open hijab school, already there are Islamic schools were hijab is permitted, good.

So allow the landlord of missionary schools to say YES or No to hijab. If they saying No, so be it.

The two religion are promoting themselves and one of those ways are through schools.

Like the wisdom of Solomon, you cannot promote one religion over another. That is crisis.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Empiree: 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
The reason why Nigerian christians oppose Islam and MUSLIMs is because they are Keferi (disbelievers). They are not followers of Isa(Jesus). They are followers of Paul. The criminal who changed Jesus doctrines.

Below are pictures of Christians both in contemporary world and ancient times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU6mzsd0uhI

First two pictures is picture of mother Teresa on the right and pictures of christians in Russia on the left.

Least picture is picture of French Queen in hijab.

Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by timagentms: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
Another point here

1 Like

Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Empiree: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
Statue of christianity in the middle in the first picture.

Second picture are pictures of Jews.

So it is clear that Christians in Nigeria are Keferi and very intolerant people. Hijab is rightly documented in your Bible but you oppose. You are not followers of Jesus. The only law in your Bible you follow is Tithe. Awon werey

Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by sirsholley(m): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
Did the government nationalize the churches inside those schools also, muslim brothers kindly thinks about that?
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Heavance(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
Responses here shows people choose religion before education.
And that's why we are where we are. This is crazy.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
Iegendhero:
The article is superb and sensible enough.

Personally, it hurts that we can be bickering over these things we ought to have gotten over at this age and time.

Me sanctimonious deceiver, can you state why Christians in government Islamic schools are not allowed to practice their religion freely?
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Iegendhero: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
freeborn02:

Me sanctimonious deceiver, can you state why Christians in government Islamic schools are not allowed to practice their religion freely?

How are they stopped from practicing their religion?
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
Empiree:
Statue of christianity in the middle in the first picture.

Second picture are pictures of Jews.

So it is clear that Christians in Nigeria are Keferi and very intolerant people. Hijab is rightly documented in your Bible but you oppose. You are not followers of Jesus. The only law in your Bible you follow is Tithe. Awon werey

Dressing In Christianity is a matter of choice. We are not like Muslims that impose things on poor women by force. We don't practice Ìmọ̀le. (hard teaching)

Your Muslim brothers gathered themselves together to stone Christians having a peaceful protest in Ilorin. Is that a sign that Muslims are tolerant?

1 Like

Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
Iegendhero:

How are they stopped from practicing their religion?

Go to government Muslim schools to find out and you will see how very empty and bias you are
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by kennybombay: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

There's a big different between a rich Muslim and a poor Muslim. The both may attend the same mosque , read the same Quran, but their reasoning is far different.

Most of the Islamic laws only have effect on the poor Muslims and not the rich. The rich Muslims dont give a fucck about this hijab. Go to Northern Nigeria and see how female muslim kids who are from wealthy homes move around with not even a scarf on their head and even if you see them used it, it's always moderate and transparent. But the poor ones move around with one smelling long hijab like soutane always.

Islam religion is really a big burden to the poor Muslims.

I knew you wrote this out of ignorance. Islam has never been a burden to the poor nor can it been regarded as a luxury for the rich but as a mercy to mankind,and for those that truly understand it.
Head covering known as hijab was stated by God as a mode of dressing for women who believed in Him. That's why you will never see the picture of Holy Mary without head covering.
The use hijab does not require whether you are poor or rich but solely depends on knowing the essence why God said it should be used.
There are many rich Muslim families here in Ilorin and I can tell you categorically that 99% of their females are always on hijab. You know there must be a judas in every 12 disciples, the 1% left was what you based your opinion on
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Iegendhero: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
freeborn02:

Go to government Muslim schools to find out and you will see how very empty and bias you are

Oga tell me how they stopped the Christian from practicing their faith.

Before you lie, just know that you are conversing with an informed human being so choose your words wisely.

I want you to tell us here on Nairaland how Christians were forced from practicing their religion in Muslim government schools.

Thanks in advance!
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
Iegendhero:

Oga tell me how they stopped the Christian from practicing their faith.

Before you lie, just know that you are conversing with an informed human being so choose your words wisely.

I want you to tell us here on Nairaland how Christians were forced from practicing their religion in Muslim government schools.

Thanks in advance!

If you are asking me, then you are empty upstairs. Have you ever seen Christian students allowed to have fellowships in Muslim schools?

Are Muslims allowed to have their prayers in Christian schools?

Mr so-called informed, you are dafter than you think you are
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Empiree: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
freeborn02:

Dressing In Christianity is a matter of choice. We are not like Muslims that impose things on poor women by force. We don't practice Ìmọ̀le. (hard teaching)
force what on who?. Stop hypocrisy and address the issue presented..hijab is Commanded by God on you and us.

Your Muslim brothers gathered themselves together to stone Christians having a peaceful protest in Ilorin. Is that a sign that Muslims are tolerant?
hypocrite! Address the issue and stop perambulating. Your Christianity in Nigeria is intolerant religion. Check my profile and read your CAN manifesto and see how "tolerance" they are.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Iegendhero: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
freeborn02:

If you are asking me, then you are empty upstairs. Have you ever seen Christian students allowed to have fellowships in Muslim schools?

Do Christians have fellowship on weekdays? I thought church is Sunday or what exactly are you talking about?

School is always on Monday to Friday.

By the way, what do you mean by allowed to pray? Can you explain that to be better. Do you mean pray Christian way on the assembly ground in a Muslim school OR you mean allowing Christian students to pray to Jesus in their classes themselves.

I will let the insult slide. At least sane people will know who among us both look civil enough in this discourse.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Difrent: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Islam religion is really a big burden to the poor Muslims.

So says a non muslim
This is the height of intolerance and hypocrisy
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Difrent: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
freeborn02:

Imole doesn't mean hard teaching .......its esin imale which means Mali religion because the first set of yoruba muslims got it from Malians
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by fascia(m): 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
The present Kara state government do not have good advisers. Because this issue of religion is a tricky one and making decisions haphazardly as they have done had divided the state along religious line, even the effect is felt outside of the state.. The government should have know taking either the side of hijab or being against hijab will bring backlash from either grieved parties.

What the government should have done is to remain neutral. Neither be against nor for hijab at all. The government simply should barn any religious dressing from school and put in place a generalized dressing for all student. A beret for all student will do and standard color code for all student. So the student body will appear homogeneous and one won't know a Christian from Muslim.

Barn all religious dressing in schools. Afterll it a school for God's sake. They are there to learn not to show case their religious attire.
Government neutrality is the only solution to this problem as a whole.
Government has to be religious agnostic to not cause divides in an already divided country like our.

My 2cent .
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
Difrent:

Imole doesn't mean hard teaching .......its esin imale which means Mali religion because the first set of yoruba muslims got it from Malians

Unfortunately, the activities of Muslims make the religion more of ìmọ̀le than anything else
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Iegendhero:

Do Christians have fellowship on weekdays? I thought church is Sunday or what exactly are you talking about?

Yes, Christians have school fellowships on Fridays.

So, stop calling yourself informed, because you are as Ill informed as any dumb fool out there
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by joefelin2345: 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
Iegendhero:
The article is superb and sensible enough.

—Hijab is a fundamental right of a Muslim girl who choose to wear it and it will be demeaning that at this age, we are denying them the right to expression of their religion.

—Currently, those missionary schools are public schools financed by the government and this gives every religion the right to enrol in it because their taxes are used to finance the school.

—Thirdly, to be fair to the Christians, those schools were their creation before the government took over. They also have the right to say they don’t want hijabs in those schools to maintain tradition BUT the Muslim girl also have the right to wear her hijab devoid of discrimination in a school of learning.

—Hence, to stop this back and forth, the government should return the Christian schools back to their owners where they can have the luxury of administering it as an almost private entity where their tradition can be enforced. Any Muslim that chose to go to the school then must conform 100% to the Christanic tradition and any Muslim parent that chose to foment trouble should be arrested.

—Lastly, the government can build more schools in the area affected to accommodate the vast number of students that will be out of school or try to accommodate them in schools closer to the affected area in the interim before they complete that.

Personally, it hurts that we can be bickering over these things we ought to have gotten over at this age and time.
God bless you my brother. In fact that is the position of the Christian in thus matter & from info gathered so far that is even their prayer before the High, Appeal & Supreme Courts. The issue of hijab was smuggled in by the Muslims who applied to be join in the case that was instituted by the Christian against Govt of Kwara State . pls return back the Christian Established Schools to them & let's move forward jare.
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by freeborn02: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
Empiree:
force what on who?. Stop hypocrisy and address the issue presented..hijab is Commanded by God on you and us.

hypocrite! Address the issue and stop perambulating. Your Christianity in Nigeria is intolerant religion. Check my profile and read your CAN manifesto and see how "tolerance" they are.

Lolz. Yes, you force poor Muslims to do so.many things. You force them to obey Sharia law, a law that the rich Muslims flaunt without consequences.

If anybody ever changes from Islam to Christianity, the next thing is threat of death.

Sharia law catches poor women who commit adultery, but never catches ganduje, who takes a bribe on live camera.

Take your ìmọ̀le elsewhere, oga
Re: How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi by Iegendhero: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
freeborn02:

See me see wahala o. At least it you want to abuse, try to be original. You keep throwing the same quack line.

Are Muslim students allowed to have fellowship on the assembly ground of Christian schools??

If the fellowship you mean is like a Sunday fellowship where Christian worship, then you are more dafter than me because schools don’t open on Sunday so that erase a thought of fellowship.

Now if you’ll abuse me in the next post, try to bring a new line and be original.

I’m from Ibadan, abusing people to us is natural and I’m an A grader in abusing people. But I’m not in the mood today and I won’t report you to the mod either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi And Tinubu Celebrating Fashola's Birthday / FlashBack: Governors That Can’t Pay Salaries Should Resign – Fayose / Ihedioha Meets Buhari, Seeks Presidential Intervention On Infrastructure Devt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.