Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) (48173 Views)

Container Falls On Multiple Vehicles At Tincan, Apapa, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Accident Involving Multiple Vehicles In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Family Of 5 Rescued After Container Fell On Multiple Vehicles On Lagos Road.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Tab4kids(f): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
cool
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Obynopositive: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
why this bridge de always catch fire..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by JaneYave(f): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
Some loss are just too painful. What's worse is the painful death.
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by just2endowed: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
qualityovenbake:
That bridge is cursed

Nope the bridge is not cursed. It's just that the engineers that designed the bridge should be at fault. The bridge is kind of bend and sloppy and at the same time curvy at some point.... So for tankers that Lost break, trying to stop the tanker can be very dicey. And again, if the tanker is on high speed, and running in a bend way, there is tendency the tanker will fall to its side way because of its heavy load....

What government should do to heavy duty trucks is a I apply speed limits on the bridge.

Passing that bridge is a risk

1 Like

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Mummymahdi(f): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
Trimjos:
Fulani herdsmen should allow southern Nigeria to experience real growth na. If they re not killing, they re burning places

Not again
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by poeticsoldier(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
A bridge is supposed to be a life saver but this bridge is the opposite.Could it be that the bridge was constructed out of conspiracy because 'Ote' in yoruba means conspiracy.
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Olabode211: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
which road good for Lagos sef?
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Ouchbabe(f): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
Why this bridge every time?
Me I no understand again oo
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Duplexxx: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Peppysco: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
Simplyleo:
I still feel some of these accidents are avoidable.

Bad road! Bad road!! Bad road!!!

At least, Lagos-Ibadan Express cannot be described as a bad road again.

Some broken down cars are left carelessly on the road without any caution sign to other road users.

Some vehicles with headlamps as if they want to blind other road users while some don't even have at all.

Some drivers speeding more than the taxying of a landing jet, and therefore can't navigate to saftey on sighting an obstruction.

Pls, these accidents are still very avoidable.

Hopefully, no casualties.

My brother, if you're ready to listen to the truth, that Otedola bridge is not even upto 200 meters and there's no bad section or pothole on either side of the bridge. But most of the accidents on that bridge are usually from 7UP inward Berger and that short bridge is notorious for many accidents and tanker/fire incidents. It will surprise you to know that whenever I'm traveling outside of Lagos, moment I'm about to get to the bridge, my prayer points dey many like person wey dey find deliverance for redemption center and once I'm over the bridge, my mind go rest, no matter where I'm traveling to. As for this morning's accident, I heard series of loud explosions around 2:15am and I knew immediately it was a tanker explosion. Checked through the balcony and the thick of smoke was just too much. There's this conspiracy theories that the funeral homes at both sides of the bridge are responsible for the incessant accidents because when you properly look at it, there's not even a reason for any accident on that bridge as it's completely motorable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Femeto: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
Simplyleo:
I still feel some of these accidents are avoidable.

Bad road! Bad road!! Bad road!!!

At least, Lagos-Ibadan Express cannot be described as a bad road again.

Some broken down cars are left carelessly on the road without any caution sign to other road users.

Some vehicles with headlamps as if they want to blind other road users while some don't even have at all.

Some drivers speeding more than the taxying of a landing jet, and therefore can't navigate to saftey on sighting an obstruction.

Pls, these accidents are still very avoidable.

Hopefully, no casualties.
Not only bad roads. Bad vehicles as well. Most of these trucks are not road worthy.
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by LYDIACOPPER(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
Saint Micheal
Pray for them

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by konkonbilo(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
angryPlease I'm looking for this guy, he resides in Lagos and he's a videographer. A client's work his with him and needs to be delivered. His phone has been off for the past 6 days. If you're a friend, neighbor or his family. Please i need to get in touch with him.

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by phemlex(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
The bridge is not the issue neither is it spiritual attack, it the slope before getting to the bridge that is the issue. Trucks are coming from the slope which will make them acquire enough speed, getting to the bridge, trucks with bad breaking system will find it difficult to slow down. So when trucks gather speed to the bridge, the traffic he suddenly sees ahead, make it difficult to just bring a fully loaded 33,000 or 45,000 truck or 40ft fully loaded container to a halt. So it's the road construction and the nature of truck we use in this country...
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Ausval: 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
Otedola bridge has been destroying vehicles and other valuable properties through tanker explosion is 19 Gbidi Gbidi...but nobody seems concerned at all..
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by MemoriesAndMe: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Why is it always Otedola bridge?

For once, i haven't trust the bearer of that name. His source of wealth should be thoroughly investigated. It won't be surprising to me, if at the end the find out he's into rituals.
If he's into rituals, what happened to the others that did same rituals? How come their money is chump change to him?

Based on your reasoning, you must think his Babalawo is taller than their own, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Elon Musk must have the tallest and strongest Babalawos in the world then.

Not until you start learning what people do differently to be better entrepreneurs, you will always assume every successful person is into rituals. Only Africans think that way.

2 Likes

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Kobicove(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
Probably caused by overspeeding
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Sleekfingers: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

see your reasoning in this 21st century.....

For once, i haven't trust the bearer of that name. His source of wealth should be thoroughly investigated. It won't be surprising to me, if at the end the find out he's into rituals.
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

If he's into rituals, what happened to the others that did same rituals? How come their money is chump change to him?

Based on your reasoning, you must think his Babalawo is taller than their own, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Elon Musk must have the tallest and strongest Babalawos in the world then.

Not until you start learning what people do differently to be better entrepreneurs, you will always assume every successful person is into rituals. Only Africans think that way.
The bridge is not even named after him(Femi Otedola) but his father((Michael Otedola) whose name is used to address the bridge just because of the estate (Otedola Estate) which is by the bridge.
The actual name of the bridge is 7up or Toll gate bridge (not sure) but it's not Otedola Bridge

3 Likes

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Legendaryd(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
alizma:
Can someone with knowledge of this Otedola bridge explain why is this high tendency for vehicles to catch fire on Otedola bridge, is there something that cause hold up there which eventually results to overheating of vehicle engines and then explosion or what?
It's just a design problem.... majorly the slope of bridge... it's too steep ...for long chassis trucks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by hazvat(f): 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
The most cursed bridge in Nigeria
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by IamYorubanza: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
Abeg make Lagos state government gather all resident Prophets, Pastors, Imams, Alfas, Chiefpriests, Jazzmen and other ogbonge spiritual men-dem so dem fit organize better spriritual cleansing ontop that blood sucking bridge....
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by davillian(m): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
They should rename the bridge na
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by mywells: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2021
That bridge is where the floods from the whole of Agege,Ikeja.Ogba,Omolemeets,besides that there's a motuary behind that bridge,many people has pass on both on and under the bridge so pathetic and mysterious bridge that has ever claim souls and millions of properties.
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Legendguy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Fulani herdsmen have started again o, God help us
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Stevyne: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
This particular bridge again!
No be juju be that
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by irichy100(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Otedola bridge again... shocked
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Lamasta(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
Otedola bridge again Hope its not the same person am thinking o

Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by do4luv14(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright

hi guy, I will like you to give me fish, but I did rather you teach me to fish
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by MilitantAtheist: 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2021
Stupid muslims and Christians. Is there anything that will happen and your all knowing God isn't aware? Why didn't he stop the accident from happening? Or he is actually aware but never cares what happens to you or your bridges?
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by do4luv14(m): 5:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Legendaryd:

It's just a design problem.... majorly the slope of bridge... it's too steep ...for long chassis trucks

then something should be done about it and fast too
Re: Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) by Coolcalmcollect(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

your papa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics) / 11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.