Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. (275 Views)

Dragging Crypto Trading & Bastardization Of The Word "Unpatriotic" / PETER OBI IN COURT WATCHING THE BASTARDIZATION OF DEMOCRACY BY INEC. / Bastardization Of Our Judiciary Arm Of Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. by BossJamal: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
Helo NLs. I need to draw your attention to this thread and to call out some pple who are bent on disgracing Nigerians on this space. For goodness sake we have foreigners who visit NL on daily basis..and or isn't so nice showcasing the bad sides or mediocre works and term it as development.

How can a politician construct a crappy road,bridge,market and next you see someone bringing it on NL and terming it transfornational developmental giant strides grin

For goodness sake building markets,public rest rooms,roads,gutters,bridges,schools,pipe borne water,electricity etc are basic infrastructures that must be provided by govt. And when these things are provided u dont come on NL and start disgracing us by calling it transformation/development blabla..haba na.

These are basic things those in saner climes are enjoying and dont even make noise about it except when it is under utilized. The govt of saner climes cant even refuse her citizens of these basic infrastructure cause there will be serious trouble.

So my fellow Nigerians we can do better instead of allowing these our wicked politicians dey use our head like turning stick.
Re: The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. by BossJamal: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
Just look at this thread and see what I am talking about angry

https://www.nairaland.com/6479202/massive-transformation-abia#6479202.23

1 Like

Re: The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. by BossJamal: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
A wicked politician constructs a rickety bridge someone takes a picture of it and brings it to NL and makes so much noise about it to the very view of foreigners who indeed knows what development is like.

A wicked politician constructs shallow gutters and u take pictures of it and call it development.
Re: The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. by PHAYOL81: 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
The term development represents the presence or provision of facilities/infrastructures meant to achieve smooth and convenient standard of living. So roads, bridges, schools, pipe borne water, electricity, stadiums, rail systems, recreational facilities, medical facilities, research center, manufacturing/production strength, housing, city planning, commercial and technological infrastructure, eco-friendly facilities et all are all agents of development.
All these are also put into consideration when rating cities and when considering whether an urban area is ready for the city tag. Simply put, facilities breeds development.
Re: The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. by BossJamal: 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
PHAYOL81:
The term development represents the presence or provision of facilities/infrastructures meant to achieve smooth and convenient standard of living. So roads, bridges, schools, pipe borne water, electricity, stadiums, rail systems, recreational facilities, medical facilities, research center, manufacturing/production strength, housing, city planning, commercial and technological infrastructure, eco-friendly facilities et all are all agents of development.
All these are also put into consideration when rating cities and when considering whether an urban area is ready for the city tag. Simply put, facilities breeds development.

So building shallow gutters, constructing substandard flyovers etc in this 21st century is what u call development?

1 Like

Re: The Bastardization Of The Word 'Development' By Most Nigerians. by PHAYOL81: 11:35am On Mar 28, 2021
BossJamal:

So building shallow gutters, constructing substandard flyovers etc in this 21st century is what u call development?

Perhaps you must've quoted the wrong person. Look again at the comment I posted and tell me where I mentioned gutters or substandard flyover. Don't be blinded by emotion, read again. Infrastructure breeds development, that's what I opined and it wasn't to attack your theory nor support it. It was only there to state facts exactly the way it is. If any part is wrong, point it out, let's discuss but don't tag a notion I didn't push forward onto me.

(1) (Reply)

Seminar ! Seminar ! ! / Bowing To Chinese Pressure, Buhari Restores 4 Oil Blocks To Nnpc/addax / Kith Central Launches In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.