Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract (25759 Views)

EFCC Invites Akpabio For Fresh Questioning Over Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Igbo Group Battles FG Over Alleged Threat On Benue Governor, Ortom / Buhari Grants Passport Printing Monopoly To MINT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by blackpanda: 8:06am On Mar 28, 2021
defcon4:
If a contract has no end date, then automatically that agreement is null and void. An essential component of a contact is start and end date / duration.

Lawyers in the house

You are wrong. The termination of the contract is dependent on its completion or breach of terms.

Besides if the contract is null and void that that is even a bigger problem for govt. Which means u can't hold the company accountable for anything.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Coldie(m): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2021
Sund67:
Buhari is a monumental failure.. Like if you Agree
For you to make this kind comment against Buhari his good deeds will forever elude you and your family and everyone who liked your post
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Victorclean1: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2021
A UNIT PRICE OF 608NAIRA AND THEY WERE CHARGING US 40K FOR A UNIT OF THE PASSPORT.

THIS COUNTRY IS IM ERROR. DIVIDE NIGERIA ASAP
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Lordbinsmar: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2021
Coldie:

For you to make this kind comment against Buhari his good deeds will forever elude you and your family and everyone who liked your post

Almighty God will dictate the affairs of your life and all your family members the same way Buhari is doing to Nigeria. angry angry angry
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Lordbinsmar: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2021
Coldie:

For you to make this kind comment against Buhari his good deeds will forever elude me and my family and everyone who liked my post
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Fejoku: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2021
What a country? It cost less than N1000 yet they charge N40,000 to their own citizens? Nigeria is truly a slave camp.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by justtoodark: 8:35am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by LordsBattleAxe(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

https://punchng.com/malaysian-firm-battles-fg-over-multibillion-naira-passport-booklets-contracts/?utm
lol. I'm not surprised. The govt appointment a disgraceful ex-governor as the minister of internal affairs. Aregebsola that couldn't pay full salary for the better part of 8 years.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by omoyankee3(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2021
lordlawee:
I have applied for my wife and children’s passport since First week of November 2020. Up till date
No booklet. I hope they untangle the contract they signed out of greed

Same here. I applied to renew my passport in November of last year still haven't gotten it yet.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Coldie(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Almighty God will dictate the affairs of your life and all your family members the same way Buhari is doing to Nigeria. angry angry angry
I accept your prayer whole heartedly if you know you beleive Buhari is a failure accept my own prayer.

Almighty God will dictate your life and all your family members the way Pdp ruled Nigeria.

If u beleive Buhari is a failure say yes to our prayers let our fates be sealed.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by ITbomb(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2021
A sovereign nation cannot produce its own travel documents and is held to ransom by a foreign company

The solution to all the bad contracts is to break the country and Niger Delta will pay all outstanding debts

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by KaluwisxPRO: 8:52am On Mar 28, 2021
aspabay:

You obviously did not read the post at all.

Keep blaming Buhari if it makes you happy.

If you read it, then you probably need to go back to school to learn more. Contract has been on for well over 18years, renewed severally, yet has no clause for termination, what then binds the government to a renewal .... It simply means this company has been bearing the cost of ECOWAS passport that we all currently bear since the old passport has been phased out a long time ago, yet the Government has refused to pay this company.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by afroxyz: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2021
The booklets were to be supplied at a unit price of N690.08

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Koralords: 8:59am On Mar 28, 2021
No wonder my guy was telling me it will take 2 months for my passport to be ready if I renew it now
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by olmoRoc: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2021
daddytime:
What a country.

The only thing we don't outsource or import is incompetence and corruption. We are also the number one exporters of these unenviable skills.

It's very hard for illiterates to understand contractual terms and, very simple logic.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by BlackFlamefromP: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2021
A contract having no terminal date is immaterial.
Was it stated in the contract that it was to last forever? That's the only thing that matters!

Having no terminal date and without it being clearly stated that it's forever means any of the party can justifiably terminate the contract anytime!

Pavore9:
"An impeccable source said the Federal Government was facing serious legal challenges terminating the contracts which had no terminal date"........Who signed that contract in 2003 with no terminal date, so they were to print the Nigerian passport till Nigeria ceases to exist?

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2021
ivandragon:

It's just terrible.

This administration is fond of talking without planning.

They quickly come out to say what everyone wants to hear without doing due diligence. How can they say they want to immediately start producing passports locally without taking into consideration any existing arrangements?

I know a family of 4 whose passports expired in January and have not been able to renew. No material for 32 page 5yr passport. Except they apply for 10yr validity passport which about 90k each. That like 400k to renew 4 passports. U can imagine d frustration d man is going thru.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by greenmonk: 9:24am On Mar 28, 2021
ivandragon:
This piece is dubiously written & seems to be an attempt to redirect the blame for the present scarcity of Nigerian passports to other sources rather than the fact that it is this present administration that is incompetent.

How can the contract be almost for life when it is clearly stated that it has been renewed about 3 times?

While it is good that Nigerian passports be produced locally, it is the dubious nature & poor planning culture of this administration that has led to scarcity of passports & not because of the existing contract.

STNL has a contract to produce about 6m passports & while the exact number of passports produced so far is debatable (about 4m+), the contract cannot be said to be unfavorable (except in the sense that we should produce passports locally) or for life.

This administration is piss-poor when it comes to planning & implementation but always prefers to blame others for its incompetence.

The solution is simple, allow the existing contract run its course or mandate STNL to produce the balance passports within a specific timeframe or payoff STNL for the balance of passports yet to be printed... How hard can it be?

This administration is just a joke. How can someone say that a contract with specific number of booklets to be produced have no end date beats my imagination. Incompetence is a bad disease.
This regime is always looking for ways to fleece the nation while Laying the blame on previous administrations.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Opakanfulani: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2021
This country has finished entirely.. just ordinary passport we can't issue completely without partnering with another country.. imagine Malaysia producing NIGERIA international passport..

Now since January I process my international passport still yet not get it.. I just know the reason why .. and those officer's keep telling me there machine break down in the whole nation..
Just give me my passport I need to leave this country..

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by BadEnglish(m): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2021
ivandragon:
This piece is dubiously written & seems to be an attempt to redirect the blame for the present scarcity of Nigerian passports to other sources rather than the fact that it is this present administration that is incompetent.

How can the contract be almost for life when it is clearly stated that it has been renewed about 3 times?

While it is good that Nigerian passports be produced locally, it is the dubious nature & poor planning culture of this administration that has led to scarcity of passports & not because of the existing contract.

STNL has a contract to produce about 6m passports & while the exact number of passports produced so far is debatable (about 4m+), the contract cannot be said to be unfavorable (except in the sense that we should produce passports locally) or for life.

This administration is piss-poor when it comes to planning & implementation but always prefers to blame others for its incompetence.

The solution is simple, allow the existing contract run its course or mandate STNL to produce the balance passports within a specific timeframe or payoff STNL for the balance of passports yet to be printed... How hard can it be?

Bro. As an immigration officer, I'm telling you it's more complex to terminate the contract than u all think, alot of clauses are in the contract that can't be made public. And settling those clauses will open up a can of worms that people in the past administrations will not like. One more thing, This is one of the best thing CGIS Babandede is doing for this country . It will save Nigeria alot of money n also encourage local production and create Jobs for our teeming youths.

PS. Na Ebora owu put us for this Passport wahala right from 2003. No be Bubu. Ire oo

2 Likes

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by oluwasegun007(m): 9:47am On Mar 28, 2021
Contract wey no dey end....

Na carpenter represent us during contract negotiation abi...

Canada should pls answer me undecided
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 28, 2021
ivandragon:

The whole thing must have been altered and backdated to period whose signatories cannot be found in service. As at 2003, even 2004, the e - passport was not being issued at Immigration office, Abuja except the NIS was issuing the former international passports and e passports concurrently.

The document has been manipulated by different government. It seems passport is a cash cow for NIS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by ghettochild(m): 10:04am On Mar 28, 2021
Unit price of 690naira n yet they make u pay official price of around 9000naira or the backyard method where u pay 35k upwards..
This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Macphenson: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2021
deji17:
Previous PDP govt really did a lot of damage to this country.

Why not simply call out the name of the President then, General Olusegun Obasanjo who is a Yoruba man.

Let's be more specific.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Lordbinsmar: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2021
Coldie:

I accept your prayer whole heartedly if you know you beleive Buhari is a failure accept my own prayer.

Almighty God will dictate your life and all your family members the way Pdp ruled Nigeria.

If u beleive Buhari is a failure say yes to our prayers let our fates be sealed.

I am a patriotic Nigerian. I am not a blind supporter of any political party.

I am not a fan of the APC neither am I a supporter of the PDP..

but l am in full support of a better Nigeria.

I support other patriots with such ambition.

So your prayer is for your self because Buhari, the APC, the PDP and alot of our post independence RULERS are all absolute failures. angry angry angry

I hate people like you who still support your oppressors.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by PoshTraveler: 10:18am On Mar 28, 2021
DenreleDave:
Let's organize a friendly war

Malaysia vs Nigeria

Let's see who get power pass
thunder fire your papa
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Macphenson: 10:19am On Mar 28, 2021
ITbomb:
A sovereign nation cannot produce its own travel documents and is held to ransom by a foreign company

The solution to all the bad contracts is to break the country and Niger Delta will pay all outstanding debts

Which Niger Delta?

Pay what?

We will access the level of government project on all over the states of the federation and that's the percentage such state will pay.

If you have high concentration of Federal government projects, you pay high percentage, if you have low concentration of Federal Government projects, you pay low percentage, simple.

Abuja will pay highest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by deji17: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2021
Macphenson:

Why not simply call out the name of the President then, General Olusegun Obasanjo who is a Yoruba man.

Let's be more specific.

This is not about tribe. Believe me, OBJ is a thief. In the ranking of those who mismanaged this country, the man ranks very high.
Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by tonyson010(m): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2021
defcon4:
If a contract has no end date, then automatically that agreement is null and void. An essential component of a contact is start and end date / duration.

Lawyers in the house

Biased reporting or APC just spilling out more lies and blames

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by Enyimbamercedes: 10:25am On Mar 28, 2021
So the passports are produced at under 700 Naira per booklet.

1 Like

Re: Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract by seguno2: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2021
justosee:

Maybe you should read the article before trying to blame past government with APC twisted headline.

I thought that I was actually pointing out APC’s usual blame game for their numerous failures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Desperate For Keys To The Nation’s Treasury - PDP / Stella Oduah wins Anambra PDP Senatorial ticket / FG School Feeding Programme A Waste — Principals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.