Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,639 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment (46228 Views)

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At New York Airport / Mason Greenwood’s Accuser Breaks Silence Over Rape (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Takes On UFC Star Israel Adesanya In Crazy Hot Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Divine202: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Village people
says who bro
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 28, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

TRIBALIST STILL DEY TRY GIVE ADVICE TOO.
NA WA FOR SOME TYPE OF PEOPLE SHA
Look at ur name undecided
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by kurlz(f): 11:22am On Mar 28, 2021
Silence indeed is golden. Wow! what a loss.

1 Like

Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by knightphoenix: 11:34am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Village people
OH God those people again!!!
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by olisaEze(m): 11:37am On Mar 28, 2021
E go tay before the rest of the world catches up with Nigerian dark humor.

I just told my friend playing fifa 21 with me now that I’ll rape him, and I’m doing it with 7 - 0!

I dey my house come beat me. Crase pipo, Mtcheeeew angry
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Vinnie2000(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2021
He was not taken out of context, Bro!! Nigerians have normalized alot of rubbish e.g. ''Chelsea go Rape Man utd", Arsenal na our Wife, we go bleep Dem Wella",Buhari na Fool, etc
He Transported such a crude culture to UK/USA, France, etc forgetting dat der re some things enlightened Europeans/Whites don't joke with..
He will learn d Hard way.Serves him right!!

Ghostrye:
He was taken out of context

1 Like

Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by bewla(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2021
slivertongue:
sad

men and women must learn never to make statements that makes rape an accepted norm.
rape is a crime against humanity
But it's got a name

that's why we have to accept and deal with it
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Bigjoe68: 11:52am On Mar 28, 2021
This boy just fucking threw away millions of Dollars with just a sentence..

cool

We should watch what we say online esp when ure in the limelight
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by kabillionaire(m): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2021
He has apologised.

Lesson learnt.

BMW should, please forgive him and go ahead with the contract.

We at home will chastise him too.

Thank you BMW team for your understanding.

Long live BMW for upholding good morals.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Myer(m): 11:57am On Mar 28, 2021
solasoulmusic:

I support BMW on this and I applaud them for making sure they protect the millions of men and women that have been raped. It is not a joke. It is a sad reality that sometimes money doesn’t buy class.

The guy did some sexual stuff in his last match he won as well ...do you but allow others to do them

As a female it's not surprising that you'd support them.
Virtually everything is rape to ladies this days.
I'm sure you've concluded in your head that Israel Adesanya is a rapist.

Las las, everybody go dey alright.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by dbaptist1(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Was waiting for this comment.

PrinceOfLagos:
Village people
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Eastcaostboy: 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
[quote author=chiboyo post=100273001]Israel is yet to realise that he is now a star and everything he says is taken very seriously..

Hopefully he has learnt his lesson and would no longer be flippant in his remarks again.[/quo] Guys, don't make me believe that shit from bmw or whatever they claim he said.... That's what you get being a Nigerian. Car companies likes to invest in a person from country where their cars are selling. They will later later take that contract to Arab, bet me
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Eastcaostboy: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ravon:

https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/27/bmw-drops-ufc-star-israel-adesanya-as-brand-ambassador-over-rape-comment/
Guys, don't make me believe that shit from bmw or whatever they claim he said.... That's what you get being a Nigerian. Car companies likes to invest in a person from country where their cars are selling. They will later later take that contract to Arab, bet me
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Ayomi90: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2021
Johnnoah1st:
His ewedu village people don reason him matter
Well done abacha village ppl, u r repping well
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Ghostrye: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
Vinnie2000:
He was not taken out of context, Bro!! Nigerians have normalized alot of rubbish e.g. ''Chelsea go Rape Man utd", Arsenal na our Wife, we go bleep Dem Wella",Buhari na Fool, etc
He Transported such a crude culture to UK/USA, France, etc forgetting dat der re some things enlightened Europeans/Whites don't joke with..
He will learn d Hard way.Serves him right!!

Exactly what I meant, he didn't mean he will literally rape him, he just meant he will feel violated after the beating.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by thecommunist(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nigerians outside Nigeria have a lot to learn...he should just fire his P.R manager because its the PR guys job to not allow him to post such nonsense!
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by BobbieZion(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
Myer:

You're just another victim of the subtle mechanism used to silence people especially celebrities.

The powers that be clearly want to always control everyone especially celebrities.

Israel's popularity is not only because of his fighting skills but also his freedom to say whatever he wants as long as it's not overboard.
Yes, the rape comment was a sensitive one, it doesn't make him a rapist. It's just the same as saying "fck you!"

He however after all the backlash has apologised cos we live in a generation where it's almost impossible to say anything cos everyone is emotional these days.

You can't even call some gay without being labelled homophobic.
Even transgenders have more rights now than straight people in the US.

BMW is being stupid as a brand for dropping him for that comment. They think other brands will follow suit.
But it only shows they never knew him from the get-go. So theirs was a mismatch.

Israel will continue to have his freedom to talk trash and bash his opponents.
Imagine saying a rapper is not allowed to curse on wax.
Rap itself is mostly cursing.

Thanks bro.
U exactly spoke my mind.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by TheGreatIYANU: 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
Who ever Israel was going to fight that made him utter that balderdash and lose his ambasadorship better postpone the fight. Israel will kill him.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
Myer:

As a female it's not surprising that you'd support them.
Virtually everything is rape to ladies this days.
I'm sure you've concluded in your head that Israel Adesanya is a rapist.

Las las, everybody go dey alright.

Yes because no matter the sentiment rape is still a worldwide issue and he was insensitive with his comment

Check the video of his last fight grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOxyLJTBrM

Money+Power = People reveal themselves
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by gbishman: 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
This is the absolute thing to do from a reputable company like BMW. Maturity and self discipline should always take centre stage.
I expected more from Israel, as an African we pride ourselves with morals.
Israel portray Africans in good light.

1 Like

Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by AmadorSays: 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
this na just wetin dey
chiboyo:
Israel is yet to realise that he is now a star and everything he says is taken very seriously..

Hopefully he has learnt his lesson and would no longer be flippant in his remarks again.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by AmadorSays: 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
i love your spirit grin
SouthNigerian:
Fvxk BMW.... Mercedes Benz is coming with a new deal for Stylebender.

1 Like

Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Myer(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
solasoulmusic:

Yes because no matter the sentiment rape is still a worldwide issue and he was insensitive with his comment

Check the video of his last fight grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOxyLJTBrM

Money+Power = People reveal themselves

I watched the fight.
I'm still trying to understand your reason for sharing it though. Guess you're referring to his "distasteful act" after winning the fight?
Thats what it was distasteful. It doesn't make him a rapist.

If you had followed the fight, you would have known that Costa humiliated him in so many ways before and during the press conference leading to the fight.
Israel did that to humiliate him back.

Does that make him a rapist though?

A rapist is someone who commits the act of rape.
Not someone you assume has a possibility of committing rape!!!

Women. I bow for una. Every guy is a possible rapist except your dad right?
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by wfjimmytobby(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
bad real black nigga isreal f*ck BMW... Mercedes reigns....
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
Myer:

I watched the fight.
I'm still trying to understand your reason for sharing it though. Guess you're referring to his "distasteful act" after winning the fight?
Thats what it was distasteful. It doesn't make him a rapist.

If you had followed the fight, you would have known that Costa humiliated him in so many ways before and during the press conference leading to the fight.
Israel did that to humiliate him back.

Does that make him a rapist though?

A rapist is someone who commits the act of rape.
Not someone you assume has a possibility of committing rape!!!

Women. I bow for una. Every guy is a possible rapist except your dad right?

Bro to a man ? Then you proceed to say I’ll rape you Nigga is lucky only BMW dropped him grin

It’s one thing in music nothing to sing about again it’s for the buzz but in professional sports dominated by men it’s abomination protect the manhood grin
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Collinsanele: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ravon:

https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/27/bmw-drops-ufc-star-israel-adesanya-as-brand-ambassador-over-rape-comment/

I know that was not his intention. It was just a playful banter, however, he should be careful with his choice of words in the future.
I think over censorship is gradually destroying the world, like, we are humans and we all make mistakes haba!
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by evsimmigration: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
But, Bubu has been raping us without condom since time immemorial,but nobody has ever sanctioned him..

I wonder what the world power is still waiting to arrest him,since the word "rape" is a vurgar word not to be used.
To my best of knowdge, Ezy only used it as a joke,even though it is not allowed & was sanctioned.But what about Bubu that has been practicing the rape on us,front & back down our apertures & nothing has been done about it.
Infact, this world no balance at all.

(quote author=Jahzrockballer post=100273087]Too bad.

How rape is now a popular narrative is surprising to me [/quote]
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Divine202: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
KangaIye:
Ok..... Next time he is going to eat h what he typed or says.
Hnnm
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by evsimmigration: 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2021
But,it paffles me that, Bubu has been raping us without condom since time immemorial,but nobody has ever sanctioned him..

I wonder what the world power is still waiting to arrest him,since the word "rape" is a vurgar word not to be used.
To my best of knowdge, Ezy only used it as a joke,even though it is not allowed & was sanctioned.But what about Bubu that has been practicing the rape on us,front & back down our apertures & nothing has been done about it.
Infact, this world no balance at all.

(quote author=Jahzrockballer post=100273087]Too bad.

How rape is now a popular narrative is surprising to me [/quote]

1 Like

Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by chysam: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
Only if he had said, "I will APC you", tomorrow would have been one of his greatest days.

APC is an acronym that saves.

If you no gree,abeg use google map to locate the lagoon.
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by Iconicwereysqua: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ngadaawo
555five

Gbegile in the mud grin
Re: BMW Drops UFC Star Israel Adesanya As Brand Ambassador Over Rape Comment by ngadaAwo: 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Iconicwereysqua:
Ngadaawo
555five

Gbegile in the mud grin
another one

mynd44 lalasticlala seun

Rule 1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nwakali Added To Nigeria’s World Cup Squad After Dazzling Against Atletico / Arsenal FC Celebrates Nigeria On Her Independence / Nigeria's Opponent, Iceland, Opt Out Of FIFA World Cup In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.