Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

God Is Good. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Good. (155 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good / Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is Good. by AbundantLife05: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
GOD IS GOOD. Mathew 19:16-21
16. And behold, there came a man up to Him, saying, Teacher, what excellent and perfectly and essentially good deed must I do to possess eternal life? 17. And He said to him, why do you ask Me about the perfectly and essentially good? There is only One Who is good [perfect and essentially]-God. If you would enter into the Life, you must keep the commandments. 18. He said to Him, What sort of commandments? [or, which ones] And Jesus answered, you shall not kill, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, 20. The young man said, I have observed all these from my youth; what still do I lack? 21. Jesus answered him, if you would be perfect [that is, have that spiritual maturity which accompanies self-sacrificing character], go and sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven; and come, be My disciple [side with my party and follow me]. Amplified Bible.

My friends, today I want to talk to you about God, about what is good and about heaven. Believe me, there are lots of opinions out there today about God. Some say he does not exist, they give reasons and “facts” to prove their point. They call what is written in the bible stories, they go further to call biblical characters primitive and make up characters. But, our God is real. We know he created everything we can see Genesis 1:1, he owns everything on earth Psalm 24:1 and he is perfect Mathew 5:48. Therefore, despite what logic and science says, all things that is seen is created by God and he owns them all.

Thus, we will dwell on the point that God is perfect Mathew 5:48 in this topic. From the text we read, a man went to meet Jesus and asked him about what good deeds will make him enter the kingdom of heaven. Let me talk briefly about the word good in the text before I go further. To be good is to be perfect while being perfect is to be completely free from faults or defects. On this note, our God in heaven is completely free from faults or defects. He is the light and there is no darkness in him. 1John 1:5. More so, because he is good (perfect: free from faults or defects) he wants us to be like that too. He wants his creations to be free from anything that is not good.

Now, the question that comes to our minds is; how can I be perfect? The answer is not far-fetched; you can become perfect by associating yourself with the person who is perfect. For instance, if I need money and I have a friend who has money. I can simply go and meet him for money. This is the same thing with God, God who is the father of perfection and he wants you surrender your life to him and he will give you his perfect nature in return. The bible says, for this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NLT). Thus, all you have to do is to start by surrendering your life to him and let the Holy Spirit begin to work in you unto holiness. The workings of the Holy Spirit in your life brings about the fruits of the Spirit as stated in Galatians 5:22-23.

Dear friends, guess one of the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5:22-23? You can guess right, goodness. Goodness is a fruit of Spirit; this means after you have surrendered your life to Jesus, the Holy Spirit works in you and makes you good (perfect). After this, you find it easy to keep God’s commandments as Jesus told the man who we read about in the text and you will have eternal life. This is because to keep the commandments is not enough in making eternal life, your heart has to be transformed into the likeness and image of God. At this point, you do not keep the commandments of God because the bible says so. You keep them because it has become a lifestyle.

On this note, I want you to know that from John 3:16 that we read above, it is because God loves us that made him give up his one and only son for our sakes. When we get connected to God, his goodness will manifest in our lives through our dealings with people which will make us not value our treasures but only the treasures we have in heaven. Mathew 19:21.

Finally, dear friends, for you to be good, you have to follow Jesus who like his father is perfect. That is why I am asking you to give your life to Christ today and begin your journey to goodness which can only lead to eternal life. If you are ready to take this life changing decision, say this prayer with sincerity of heart; Lord Jesus, I come to you humbly and I confess that I am a sinner, save me and be my Lord. Wash away my sins and take me into your fold. Amen. If you recited the prayer, I rejoice with you and I welcome you into the fold. Do well to join a bible believing church as you begin your new life in Christ. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you dear friends.

If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions, comments and contribution, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
Twitter: @visionabundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Good. by Jashub: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2021
I feel blessed reading this. May God bless the hand that wrote this
Re: God Is Good. by AbundantLife05: 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
Jashub:
I feel blessed reading this. May God bless the hand that wrote this
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:wednesday , March 31, 2021 / Is Religion Just Another Big Business? / Laying Our Crowns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.