Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? (5604 Views)

Lieutenants Bassey, Ademulegun, Maimalari, Umar & Aguiyi-Ironsi (Throwback Photo / Ango Abdullahi: Buhari’s Major Problem Is Incompetent And Selfish Lieutenants / Throwback Picture Of Jonathan Campaigning In Akwaibom In 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by femicyrus(m): 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2021
Penguin2:
It is an open secret that Tinubu has always had his eyes on the Nation's highest office. Reason he wanted to deputize Buhari in 2015 to shorten his route to the presidency but for religious sentiments.

Now, as another general election draws nigh, Tinubu and his lieutenants has been clearing the grounds and testing the waters for Tinubu's declaration for the presidency. While his boys are trying to unite the whole of Southwest under Tinubu candidacy, Tinubu himself is doing everything reasonable and unreasonable to warm himself into the heart of northern voters; donating money to victims of Katsina inferno, chairing the 12th Arewa House Lecture and all.

But one thing is conspicuously clear, and that is that neither Tinubu himself nor his lieutenants has made even the remotest of move towards the South East and the South South. And I want to ask why?

My people say, "oku nyu ahuru, ala achuwa ya oso" (literally, when the fowl polutes the air, the grounds chases after it). And by that I mean that Tinubu must be avoiding the SE/SS because of the role he played in the defeat of GEJ, a president they accused of favouring Igbos.

Now, if politics is a game of interest, how would the rest of the country want Igbos to vote for Tinubu, another President that would not be favorably disposed to the Igbos just like Buhari isn't?

Because avoiding the SE/SS in their early campaign clearly indicates where Tinubu is looking to create his allies and if he eventually wins, that would mean another 8 years of an Igbo hating govt.

This is a call on my Igbo brothers and sisters, if they APC ticket goes Southwest, let's not insist on the PDP ticket coming to the East. The North won't vote an Igbo man. Let the presidential ticket go to the North while the VP ticket comes to the East like in 2019. Let the fight be between the North and the West.

If the northerner wins with the PDP with an Igbo man as VP for 8 years, the anti-Igbo sentiments in the North must have been subdued to a very minimal level to create a favorable ground for an Igbo presidency.

This route might be longer, but it's better than having a president that hates Ndigbo for another 8 years.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

A northern voter will never vote for a northern man with an Igbo VP.

What if somehow the president pass on like yaradua leaving an Igbo man this time as president?
A Yoruba/northern ticket is a win-win for the North.
The earlier you know the better.

I wish a better Yoruba man like sowore becomes president in 2023 instead tinubu
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 6:22pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

I want to teach you what education is all about.

"Only Island was part of FCT, mainland was Western region and then Lagos State".

Sir... You claim Mainland wasn't part of the FCT, how come Federal Government built Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) in 1954 in Apapa?
Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) was built in Mainland in Ikeja, Lagos in 1979?
One more question... 81st Division Lagos, was the home of the President then, built by FG.

"Lagos is getting more people because of its industries and large market, Awolowo built Ikeja industrial estate. His party, UPN built most industrial estates in Lagos"

Abuja couldn't boost of ₦2 billion yearly as revenue till it became Federal Capital, and Federal infrastructures were built, investors, companies and Foreign Mission moved in naturally, it didn't take any effort of the indigenous people, but Federal Government injecting funds into Abuja, so don't make it look like the indigenous Westerners funded it.
Oga it's natural that infrastructures attracts companies and businesses.

As regarding housing units, Sir... Almost every state has state housing unit, but the important question is, what's the ratio of unit over her population, does it cushion the housing deficit of the state.

I challenge you to state any Awolowo or Jakande Housing Unit that's up to 50,000 while Lagos is battling super housing deficit

"Get some history books and start reading instead of gibberish fed by Igbo leaders"

I won't throw tantrums.

seanet02:

More than 80% of current Lagos State were not part of FCT then. It was part of Western region and Awolowo built most of the roads in Lagos.
Lagos is getting more people because of its industries and large market, Awolowo built Ikeja industrial estate. His party, UPN built most industrial estates in Lagos.
Jakande built more housing estates in Lagos than FG.
The seaport in Lagos was built by the British from taxes collected from Lagos residents(whom of course were Yorubas)
Only Island was part of FCT, mainland was Western region and then Lagos State.

Get some history books and start reading instead of gibberish fed by Igbo leaders

AdekunleScience:
Excellent counter. I'll just like to add that when the seaport was built IBOs where still running around in the bush without clothes.

This is the 1962 Map of the Western Region from the US Library of Congress

Lagos is where the dot is.

The British Colonial Government only leased Apapa from the Oluwa Awori Yoruba Family , Just like the US leased its Military bases in Germany and Japan.

If you examine the map carefully and very truthfully you will agree that more than 95% of today’s Lagos State was in Awolowo’s Western Region

Almost all of what is Metropolitan Lagos today was actually in the Ikeja Administrative department of the Western Region.

Lagos Island was the only exception.

The Last Photo is the 1958 Map of Lagos. Which was only Lagos Island as of that time .

I come in Peace.

God bless Lagos and Nigeria

Cc TAO11

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by ThumbzTNA(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
femicyrus:

A northern voter will never vote for a northern man with an Igbo VP.

What if somehow the president pass on like yaradua leaving an Igbo man this time as president?
A Yoruba/northern ticket is a win-win for the North.
The earlier you know the better.

I wish a better Yoruba man like sowore becomes president in 2023 instead tinubu

I beg to differ.

1. Shagari had Ekwueme as VP.
2. The North West has never voted for a non-fulani candidate since 1999

You're obviously a bad student of history
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by femicyrus(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

I beg to differ.

1. Shagari had Ekwueme as VP.
2. The North West has never voted for a non-fulani candidate since 1999

You're obviously a bad student of history
Mr. History lecturer,
Current reality is the antidote for history
Atiku/obi ought to defeat buhari/osinbajo based on your history

The truth hurts

An Igbo man can never pass the night in Aso rock in the present day Nigeria through any combination.

KANU knew this truth hence his agitation for Biafra
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by dheilaw1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kriss216:
I'm from the SE, I'll rather vote and support a Fulani man from the Northern Nigeria than to vote for Tinubu from SW!
your 5 percent is insignificant
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by dheilaw1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2021
You must be the only sensible person of Igbo extraction on this forum
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by dheilaw1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kriss216:

It would be easier to find chilled bottled water in Hell than Tinubu becoming President of Nigeria.
get ready to go to hell cos Tinubu is Winning the next general election
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Brotherly... The above map dates 1958, while Awolowo's administration was from 1967–1971. Secondly the map didn't state airports, seaport and all that.

Thirdly, if the Yorubas were as advanced as you're preaching, they would have had their airports, seaports without colonial masters building it using resources from their land, in fact that's same thing they did all over Africa.

This is the 1962 Map of the Western Region from the US Library of Congress

Lagos is where the dot is.

The British Colonial Government only leased Apapa from the Oluwa Awori Yoruba Family , Just like the US leased its Military bases in Germany and Japan.

If you examine the map carefully and very truthful you will see that more than 95% of today’s Lagos State was in Awolowo’s Western Region

Almost all of what is Metropolitan Lagos today was actually in the Ikeja Administrative department of the Western Region.

Lagos Island was the only exception.

The Last Photo is the 1958 Map of Lagos. Which was only Lagos Island as of that time .

I come in Peace.

God bless Lagos and Nigeria

Brotherly... The above map dates 1958, while Awolowo's administration was from 1967–1971. Secondly the map didn't state airports, seaport and all that.

Thirdly, if the Yorubas were as advanced as you're preaching, they would have had their airports, seaports without colonial masters building it using resources from their land, in fact that's same thing they did all over Africa.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

On the day that Nigeria gained independence October 1 1960 Awolowo was the Premier of the Western Region that Map of the Western Region was from 1962.

The land on which Apapa Port and Muritala Airport was built was only leased by the Federal Government because Lagos Island didn’t have enough space.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

On the day that Nigeria gained independence October 1 1960 Awolowo was the Premier of the Western Region that Map of the Western Region was from 1962.

Even with your date, the map reads 1956 or 1956.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Even with your date, the map reads 1956 or 1956.

No sir the Map of Awolowo Western Region obtained from the US Library of Congress was from 1962

I have attached the description sir for the sake of our youths and posterity sir.

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

No sir the Map of Awolowo Western Region obtained from the US Library of Congress was from 1962

I have attached the description sir

Sir... Going by the above information, kindly show me names of infrastructures built by Awolowo that's still standing till today that made Lagos what it's today.

I wish to make one thing clear, that virtually all infrastructures that's outstanding today in Lagos were built by The Federal Government of Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by FatherOfJesus: 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2021
PDP just need to field a strong northerner and Tinubu is a goner.

South east will prefer to vote for a northerner than Tinubu, he should keep campaigning there, when the chips are down and a northerner is fielded by PDP, southeast and south south votes will become very important for him
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 8:17pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Sir... Going by the above information, kindly show me names of infrastructures built by Awolowo that's still standing till today that made Lagos what it's today.

I wish to make one thing clear, that virtually all infrastructures that's outstanding today in Lagos were built by The Federal Government of Nigeria.

Sir, Awolowo built all Ikeja including the Industial estates out of a thick Jungle where Gorillas, Leopards and Elephants we’re still being sighted regularly.

With all humility , he out performed the British Colonial Masters.

It was because of achievements like that , that his People are still in love with him today though he passed on more than thirty years ago.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 8:27pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Sir, Awolowo built all Ikeja including the Industial estates out of a thick Jungle where Gorillas, Leopards and Elephants we’re still being sighted regularly.

With all humility , he out performed the British Colonial Masters.

It was because of achievements like that , that his People are still in love with him today though he passed on more than thirty years ago.

Laughing... It's okay. What did he build in the Ikeja Industrial Estate? He mapped out land that's all. If there's anything more he did kindly state that.

Two, what makes Ikeja or Lagos attractive is the presence of infrastructures like
Airports
Military Installations
Government House
Bridges
Railway
All these things were built by FG.

Awolowo is simple famous in the West for giving free education to Westerners and not infrastructures.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Laughing... It's okay. What did he build in the Ikeja Industrial Estate? He mapped out land that's all. If there's anything more he did kindly state that.

Two, what makes Ikeja or Lagos attractive is the presence of infrastructures like
Airports
Military Installations
Government House
Bridges
Railway
All these things were built by FG.

Awolowo is simple famous in the West for giving free education to Westerners and not infrastructures.

No sir Awolowo built all of Ikeja including it’s 3 industrial Estates and much of Today’s Lagos out of a very dense Jungle where there were hardly any roads.

He built it as the Capital of the Western Region

Awolowo had very big dreams , as Odia Ofeimun said Singapore was very small compared to what Awolowo was aiming at for his People.

It might be hard to believe now but Awolowo was trying to overtake Europe and he was very Serious about it.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

No sir Awolowo built all of Ikeja including it’s 3 industrial Estates and much of Today’s Lagos out of a very dense Jungle where there were hardly any roads.

He built it as the Capital of the Western Region

Awolowo had very big dreams , as Odia Ofeimun said Singapore was very small compared to what Awolowo was aiming at for his People.

It might be hard to believe now but Awolowo was trying to overtake Europe and he was very Serious about it.

I'm enjoying your line of argument, but the truth remains that in reality he didn't erect the infrastructures, a road map without investment isn't enough.

Almost everybody can dream, but funding any project is the 95% the life.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

I'm enjoying your line of argument, but the truth remains that in reality he didn't erect the infrastructures, a road map without investment isn't enough.

Almost everybody can dream, but funding any project is the 95% the life.

Awolowo erected almost everything except what the Federal Government Laws didn’t allow him to. Or the ones built by Jakande his protégé

It was Awolowos Vision for the Western Region that made Lagos an Economic Powerhouse

The British only saw Lagos Island as an administrative Capital
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Awolowo erected almost everything except what the Federal Government Laws didn’t allow him to.

It was Awolowos Vision for the Western Region that made Lagos an Economic Powerhouse

The British only saw Lagos Island as an administrative Capital

Sir... What and what did he erect? Where are there?
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Sir... What and what did he erect? Where are there?

Awolowo practically built a City out of a Jungle

Roads, Schools , Hospitals, Industrial Estates , Markets, Colleges , Factories ,Agricultural Settlements, Resisential Areas including GRA Ikeja, Shopping Centres he put light and Water there and so much more,
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Masterkernel1: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

Awolowo practically built a City out of a Jungle

Roads, Schools , Hospitals, Industrial Estates , Markets, Colleges , Factories ,Agricultural Settlements, Resisential Areas including GRA Ikeja, Shopping Centres he put light and Water there and so much more,

Hahahahah... All these stuffs he did, you're saying is non-existent, right? I've asked for names and location.

Hospitals and Schools built by missions are still in exist in various parts of Nigeria, where are Awolowo's own? Wait... Other regions didn't make roads while Awolowo was doing that?
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by christistruth01: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Hahahahah... All these stuffs he did, you're saying is non-existent, right? I've asked for names and location.

Hospitals and Schools built by missions are still in exist in various parts of Nigeria, where are Awolowo's own? Wait... Other regions didn't make roads while Awolowo was doing that?

Stick to topic over 95% of today's Lagos belongs to Awolowo's Western Region.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? by Christistruth00: 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Looks To 5G Technology To Address Security Challenges / Oyebanji Set To Rejig Activities Of MDAs, Chairs 3-Day Ministerial Briefings / Final Result Of The Presidential Election Collated By Obidients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.