Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics (593 Views)

My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT / Meet Ademola Adeyeye: Surgical Oncologist From Nigeria, European Board Certified / 'I Suffered 3rd Degree Burns & Had 4 Surgical Procedures' Burn Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
will start by thanking God for a successful Surgery because without him I am nothing and i also thanks My Amiable Doctor, Dr Sanjay Saraf and his highly experience team at NMC SPECIALTY HOSPITAL AL NALDA Dubai, who worked around the clock to make it possible for me to have such privileges , opportunity and best of medical care.. sit tight my people it's going to be a very lengthy one.
on the wake of 20th March 2020 I had a very rare injury. scissors accidentally pierce through my left index finger badly , I tried to check movement on the affected finger, I tried to move it despite the heavy blood dripping out, but I couldn't, initially I thought it's something I can handle by myself like a typical Nigerian (self treatments/med) on a second thought I decided to seek medical assistance since I'm covered by insurance, before I continues, I will like to spaces out things I found out during my experience, difference between Nigeria health care and that of UAE. Here we goes
1, human life matters most more than money in UAE , hospital here will first treat you before asking how you gonna pay for the treatment unlike Nigeria where there's rule , no medical deposit no treatment for you

2, if you are legally employed the parent company will put you under health insurance , some pays 100% of your medical bill even your feeding whether it's your fault or their fault, the insurance company will take care of your treatment, while some stipulated you pay partly 10% of your treatment if the accident is your fault, Eg if it happens outside their care/work areas. Even as that it still fair than Nigeria where health insurance Don't work.

3 treatments are first class And top-notch , no shortcut unlike Nigeria where you can negotiate your treatment and pay, everything are visible before your eyes, no wuru wuru , no mago mago , all patience are treated equally irrespective of skin colour

4 , treatments are very expensive, if you're not covered by insurance Don't be surprise if they bill you 2000aed (260k Naira) for medical treatment that will not cost up to 50k on Nigeria hospital... That's UAE for you

5 , India nationals constitutes majority of health workers in UAE, from doctors, nurses to Administrative desks are all India nationals only few are from other Asian countries like napel , Filipinos etc, the credits goes to India government that invest heavily in human development and education, unlike Nigeria where maintaining of federal institutes alone ( national Assembly, State House etc) surpasses annual health budget of a country of over 200 million population, India government are leaping the benefits of their investment on human development while because these professional of all Fields are making millions and remitting back to boast their economy and common man like me is benefiting from their professional skills

Back to my story, I went to the first hospital, Rashid General Hospital Dubai (Government owned) after documentation and registration they referred me to a doctor , it took only few minutes , about 10mns before I met doctor , firstly they wheeled me to a room where they do x-ray on my finger to ascertain the damages, I protested about the wheelchairing, because I wanted to walk with my legs since it's only one finger affected. In my heart (kilode why the wheelchairing, or unah won Carry my legs join ) but they told me I shouldn't worry my health comes first , after x-ray the Doctor then told me to try and bend the index finger, I tried several but I couldn't, he injected the injured finger to kill the pain so I will not feel any pain while bending it , but it couldn't bend, he said this is surgery he called another doctor, Dr Sujid in trauma department, after few minutes he came over and took me to his office.
After examining my left index professional, he told me my insurance didn't cover the cost of surgery in the hospital that if I do it here outside my insurance coverage it will cost me about 33,000 aed (#4,356,000 naira) omoh see me see trouble, money I go use buy Lexus 350 Suv cruise Nigeria streets , gwogwonise, balm and hot water entered my brain immediately I heard that amount, I brought out my calculator to check how much worths in Nigeria currency . in my mind, ( I said, abeg am I doing heart surgery) nah wetin enter my mind but thank God I didn't embarrass myself by asking that silly question. Dr Sujid a kind-hearted man looked at me and said there's another alternative, I will refer you to another doctor, go there he will do the surgery and you will not pay a dime if your insurance covered everything, he wrote the name of the doctor and hospital on a piece of paper and told me to put it apart, Incase any body ask me on my way out, that I should tell the person that I have to discuss the surgery first with my family,

fastward to day 2 after my encounter in the government hospital, I arrived NMC SPECIALTY HOSPITAL AL NALDA Dubai UAE much earlier 6:30 am precisely , registration and others bra bra bra they took my samples for corona virus test because it's hospital rule you must be tested, another scan. corona virus test 150aed , scan 150 Aed booking appointment with Dr Sanjay Saraf as first timer 500 Aed total 800aed (105,000 naira) my insurance didn't cover this side , so I told them ok let me see doc first, after few minutes , I'm inside Dr Sanjay Saraf examining table he checked it and read my file through his system and told me, it's surgery but he has to check with my insurance company to see if they will approve the surgery procedure since it happened at my place of living, he instructed the nurse to collect my number that one's they approve it she must inform me to come for surgery, he told me my case is rare because the scissors pierce my Tundon puller ( something that makes the particular finger to fold and unfolds) but luckily for me it misses the bone. My surgery is going be a very rare and difficult one but he will do his best for me. The reality came down on me, my mind was , what if my insurance didn't cover the surgery so I will pay 4.6m naira for something typical Nigerian in Nigeria will use gwogwonise balm and hot water heal, I said to myself if my insurance didn't cover it I will rather opt to travel to Nigeria and face it there than to spend that much , after all 9 fingers can still carry on with my day to day activities after all there are people that lost their hands or eyes in accident but still live happily, one idle finger will not affect my Life negatively i encouraged myself positively , i summon courage I decided to see it to the end, Dr Sanjay Saraf a kind-hearted man looked at my almost teary eyes and said, my son calm down, you are like a son to me I will do the best for you, as you can see this hospital is not mine , I'm equally employed but tell me what can I do to help you now, I said sir you do whatever you can do for me I will highly appreciate, he said ok, I should forget the 800aed (106k Naira) for corona test , scan and appointment with doctor . My heart was full of gladdens , which Nigeria doctor will never do this for you, even if you cry your heart out, you must pay that consultant fees, I thank him and left as he told me to await for call up, evening time towards 8pm the nurse called me and told me to come tomorrow morning for surgery ( meaning the insurance company approved my surgery.

day 3 ( surgery day) I arrived hospital earlier as usual , few minutes the nurse came and explained everything to me that my surgery cost 23k Aed (#3,050,000 naira) but it's stipulated I will pay 10% of the money around 310k naira, I have no other option because they have done their best for me , I signed all the necessary documents and gave her 1000aed as advance payment, within few minutes, I'm inside emergency Ward, a neatly private room with bathroom inside, they brought bathing soap(medicated) , disinfectant , king-size towel, pant , and neatly arranged surgery white gown , she told me to to my bath and make use of the disinfectant, after bathing she came and wheeled me to surgery ward, put drip on me, last thing I could remember is when the doctor anesthesia me I was looking at the clock 1:05pm I went into motionless coma and drift off , I regained consciousness around 7:07pm when nurses were trying to transfer me from surgery table to standby movable bed waiting to move me to recovery room, I heard her from afar calling my name , waking me up until I fully opened my eyes , this lengthy hour I was in another planet getting instructions and power from my Chukwu okike abiama ( creator of the universe) .
Inside recovery room they put oxygen mask on my nose which I protested because I'm having difficulties breathing with it, but they said doctor said I must use it at least for 3 hrs , Only God knows how many hours I was on that surgery bed, after I fully recovered I received my first visitor, a Nigerian named obinna he had same injury few weeks ago before mine he came to the hospital for a follow up and Dr Sanjay Saraf told him about me and so he came to Greet me , we exchange greetings, he sympathize with me , assures me of 100% successful surgery , he told me to relax, that my hand will get back to normal , his own injury were even worst than mine because they operate him twice but he can Now make use of it , he show's it to me and squeezes it in demonstration, he left thereafter after spending half an hour with me, the hospital later discharged me around 11pm same Day I went home , I didn't feel much pain just little drowsiness .

Day 4 ( after surgery ) I started having pains all over my body due to the anaesthesia but I subdued it with drugs they gave me the days were lengthy and stressful because I now left with one hand, the other hand is on rest , couple's with no one to assist me because I'm living alone ( personal experience on day 4 after surgery) women play significant role in our lives if you like accept it you don't like leave it there, I find it difficult to move around because one of my hand was glued one place in a proper settings (eg Nigeria) friends, mostly female one's will swarm around you like bees petting you like adult baby , doing your chores , even spending on you from their own pocket , but here if you don't have gf you are on your own, nobody will help you carry your cross.

Day 7 after surgery I went to NMC SPECIALTY HOSPITAL AL NALDA Dubai for follow up , after cutted the big bandaged hand open , I could now see how the knife cutted during surgery and it severalty hmmmm too much cut done during repairing, Dr Sanjay Saraf told me to move it slowly one after the other, I tried and it moved smoothly but still heavy due to severalty of the cut couple's with it's still a fresh wound, he put new bandage and cover it back and told me not to stress the hand for now until it heals, I took some pictures with Dr Sanjay Saraf and left after some chitchat with my kind-hearted doctor who doubles now as my UAE/Medical father
Things to learn...

1 Safety First in whatever you are doing
2 always be prayerful , I am not a prayerful person because prayer can avade such accident
3 live legally in your host country to avoid stories that touches heart...... be continues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by Oluolad86(f): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
cry Congratulations, praise God! I pray that I'll survive my own Pericarditis too by God's grace. I'll not die!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by LMS1(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
Congrats Op.
See Country Wer Tinz The Work.
Not Like This One That After Them Delay You For Registering Counter Them Go Tow U Enter Ward 5 Then The Doctor Go Comot Go Borrow Scissors And Shringe From Nearby Pharmacy,
Before The Man Come Back Your Body Go Hear Am grin
But Dont Worry Op I Will Go There Legally Next Time,
Though I Heard Edo Airways Is Cheaper And Faster cheesy
Either Way The Only Problem Now Go Be Who Go Lap Me For Aeroplane That Next Time When Am Travelling
You Know As A Nigerian Travelling To A Foreign Country Legally Is A Bit Difficult If Your Pocket Is Not Janded.
Or No Vex Op, Abeg Na Night Bus U Enter Reach UAE?

No Insults
i nor well abeg grin

2 Likes

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by Openpeace: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2021
Wish you quick recovery brother,
Sorry for the accident.

1 Like

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Oluolad86:
cry Congratulations, praise God! I pray that I'll survive my own Pericarditis too by God's grace. I'll not die!
believe in Christ Jesus you will survive it

1 Like

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by Oluolad86(f): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
believe in Christ Jesus you will survive it

I believe. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
Openpeace:
Wish you quick recovery brother,
Sorry for the accident.
tnx so much , my respect now goes to handicaps because it's not easy to have one hand ooo talk more of not having any
Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by blackboy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
Enjoy. I hope say you are not among those who voted for this govt and now left us to enjoy it.

Its blahh blahh blahh . The bra bra bra got me lol

Nice write up.

Nigeria needs overhauling not only restructuring

1 Like

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:
Congrats Op.
See Country Wer The Work.
Not Like This One That After Them Delay You For Registering Counter Them Go Tow U Enter Ward 5 Then The Doctor Go Comot Go Borrow Scissors And Shringe From Nearby Pharmacy grin
Dont Worry Op Will Go There Legally Next Time.
The Only Problem Now Go Be Who Go Lap Me For Aeroplane That Next Time
As A Nigerian Travelling To A Foreign Country Legally Is A Bit Difficult If Your Pocket Is Not Janded.
Op Na Night Bus U Enter Reach UAE?

i nor well abeg grin
this is not my first time receiving medical treatment I UAE, first was when I came newly I accidentally drank Poison ( drainage opener ) and was rushed to hospital by good Samaritans , despite I'm tourist they treat me , feed me, Even begged me to stay more days but I refused because I thought I will pay, it's when they discharged me and I walked out of the hospital looking at my back but nobody was interested in calling me back to come and pay, I realized , Nigeria is fire here is heaven on Earth ,
Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by LMS1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
this is not my first time receiving medical treatment I UAE, first was when I came newly I accidentally drank Poison ( drainage opener ) and was rushed to hospital by good Samaritans , despite I'm tourist they treat me , feed me, Even begged me to stay more days but I refused because I thought I will pay, it's when they discharged me and I walked out of the hospital looking at my back but nobody was interested in calling me back to come and pay, I realized , Nigeria is fire here is heaven on Earth ,
Bro Am Asking Again Where Did You See The Bus That Took You To UAE?,
And Was It Night Bus?
I Cant Wait To Japa,
To Serve Nigeria Is Not By Force
I Resign Till Mother Notice grin

2 Likes

Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
blackboy:
Enjoy. I hope say you are not among those who voted for this govt and now left us to enjoy it.

Its blahh blahh blahh . The bra bra bra got me lol

Nice write up.

Nigeria needs overhauling not only restructuring
I voted against him thrice and will even vote against him again without regret , Nigeria is far behind.. its hurtful hearing accident victims dying in hospital because of deposit... Make the person die in ur hand here , na that time u go know law no dey respect anybody here
Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:

Bro Am Asking Again Where Did You See The Bus That Took You To UAE?,
And Was It Night Bus?
I Cant Wait O To Japa,
To Serve Nigeria Is Not By Force grin
from Lagos grin Nigeria youths should just leave that country for them that's all
Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by LMS1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
from Lagos grin Nigeria youths should just leave that country for them that's all
Ahhh! Dont Say Nigerian Youths O,
They Will Deport Anything Nigeria Once Our Youths Steps There,
Asin Do U Think They Will Welcome Fraudsters, Cultists, Thugs, And Other Petty Criminals In The Name Of Hospitality?
Only The First Day You Will Hear In BBC "A Group Of Nigerian Where Caught Fighting Over Stolen Iphone In Front Of Burj Khalifa". grin
We Nor Dey Carry Last O cheesy
Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
LMS1:

Ahhh! Dont Say Nigerian Youths O,
They Will Deport Anything Nigeria Once Our Youths Steps There,
Asin Do U Think They Will Welcome Fraudsters, Cultists, Thugs, And Other Petty Criminals In The Name Of Hospitality?
Only The First Day You Will Hear In BBC "A Group Of Nigerian Where Caught Fighting Over Stolen Iphone In Front Of Burj Khalifa". grin
We Nor Dey Carry Last O cheesy
they should come and try it here, they will help Nigeria remove them off the street u know here has unoccupied prison, that's where they will end up
Re: My Surgical Cost And Experience In UAE Pics by ewaski(m): 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
angry

(1) (Reply)

PEP Or Prep: Do This Before Calling Me. / Natural Medicine Practitioners Directory / World Cancer Day: Nairalanders All Forgot!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.