Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,917 members, 7,824,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

The Highest Form Of Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Highest Form Of Prayer (434 Views)

"In The Realm Of The Occult, The Highest Form Of Stupidity Is Atheism" / Obedience - The Highest Form Of Offering (1 Samuel 15:22) / The Holy Spirit- The Highest Form Of Wealth On Earth Today-jhn 16:7, 1jhn 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Highest Form Of Prayer by judedwriter(m): 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
— Psalms 18:3

We have different forms of prayers in the bible:

1. Petition (1 Samuel 1:17)

2. Supplication (1 Kings 8:33)

3. Intercession (Genesis 20:7)

4. Decrees (Joshua 10:12-14)

5. Warfare (Psalm3:7)

6. Praises (Psalm 150)

However, the highest form of prayer acceptable to God is praises.

Why? This is because God created us primarily to praise Him. God didn't create us to intercede, to do warfare, to supplicate or peitit, or to make decrees in his name, but to praise Him.

The primary purpose of our creation is to praise God:

This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.
— Isaiah 43:21

This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
— Psalms 102:18

God holds a very high preference to praise; no other form of prayer invokes God's favour, power and deliverance like praises.

We saw this on the day of Pentecost. When the church was supernaturally birthed, the Holy Spirit enabled the early disciples to praise God in a special way:

Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
— Acts 2:11

When the Holy Spirit first came on the church, He first lead them to praise God-this showed the high preference God has to praises.

The major language in heaven is praise. The angels in their billions and trillions (and even more?) all praise God. Even the flowers and trees sing praises to God in heaven:

Luke 2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ And suddenly there was with the angel a MULTITUDE of the HEAVENLY HOST praising God, and saying,

¹⁴ GLORY to GOD in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Music and the ability to sing are gifts from God. God Himself sings and rejoices:

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
— Zephaniah 3:17

It's so amazing to think that as powerful and as high as our God is, He is sincerely moved and deeply touched by our praises.

Psalms 69
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁰ I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

³¹ This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.

One man in the Bible who knew how to praise God effectively was David. David was a worshipper of God like no other Bible character:

Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
— Psalms 119:164

David was so committed to praising God, that he inaugurated full time Levites to praise God and also made musical instruments:

And David spake to the chief of the Levites to appoint their brethren to be the singers with instruments of musick, psalteries and harps and cymbals, sounding, by lifting up the voice with joy.
— 1 Chronicles 15:16

And the priests waited on their offices: the Levites also with instruments of musick of the LORD, which David the king had made to praise the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever, when David praised by their ministry; and the priests sounded trumpets before them, and all Israel stood.
— 2 Chronicles 7:6

Hence, David was a man who enjoyed God's favour:

Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
— Acts 7:46

In his life, as seen throughout the book of Psalms, David discovered the extreme importance of praising God and practiced it fully.

Psalms 34
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹... I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

² My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

³ O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

David discovered three crucial points about praises to God as seen in our primere scripture:

I will CALL UPON the LORD, who is WORTHY to be PRAISED: so shall I be SAVED from MINE ENEMIES.
— Psalms 18:3

Firstly, David emphasised calling on God in praises, as the supreme prayer. Of all the forms of prayers, God holds praise as His most preferred. God truly loves and enjoys our praises.

Secondly, David emphasised God of being worthy of praise. We can never overpraise God but rather underpraise Him because He is so worthy of our praises. This is rightfully so, because He created ALL THINGS for His pleasures.

Thirdly, David emphasised deliverance from his enemies as he praised God. We see this in the life of David; he faced many dangerous enemies and situations, but God powerfully delivered him.

2 Samuel 22
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁸ He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.

¹⁹ They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.

²⁰ He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

God delighted in David and delivered him because he was was full of praises. When we are full of praises to God, He will deliver us like He delivered David.

To summarize, David laid emphasis on praise to God as the highest form of prayer and deliverance. Truly, when we praise God effectively, we catch His full attention and He will powerfully deliver us from our enemies.

We often leave praises as the last option after we have tried everything else, but it shouldn't be; praising God should be our first option and sometimes, only option.

This is why it's often advised before going into other form of prayers, to begin with praises. God has a very high preference for praises above all other forms of prayers.

The early church spoke a lot in tongues, but they also praised God a lot:

And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.
— Luke 24:53

The need for deliverance is even far greater today than in the days of David. We are surrounded by all types of strong and unrepentant enemies spiritually speaking.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
— Matthew 10:36

The issue of household enemies is a very tricky and complex one. People you least expect in your family are behind your terrible battles/experiences in life. The devil often uses people in our bloodline like He used Cain, to do maximum evil in families. A man's toughest battles are often fought in his household.

A lot of problems we grapple with individually and collectively as a nation are caused by household enemies:

Stagnation, poverty, joblessness, insanity, backwardness, failure at the edge of success, infertility, disfavour, betrayal, premature death, ritual sacrifices, witchcraft attacks, evil consultation, curses, etc.

We see this again in the life of David; the two greatest enemies of his life were his father in law-King Saul and most surprisingly his son-Absalom who both sought him dead.

But God delivered David in many miraculous ways. God delivered David as seen earlier, because He delighted in him; he found favour in God's sight as he was full of praises.

When we find favour in God's sight, He won't just sit still on His throne watching our enemies having a field day in our lives; He will rise and intervene most quickly like He did at the red sea:

Exodus 14
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

²⁵ And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

²⁶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

²⁷ And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

²⁸ And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

It doesn't matter how strong your enemies are; the moment you start praising God effectively, God will deliver you from them in the most miraculous ways! Can I hear an amen?

This also includes the difficult problems enemies have sown in your life. The moment you start praising God effectively like David, there will be miraculous deliverance from your foundation problems!

To summarize, God created us to praise Him. But sadly, many of us don't praise God as we should; God expects us to praise Him much more often than we expect.

As we praise God more frequently, He will bless us and deliver us in many astonishing ways.

But remember, it's impossible to please God without faith. (Hebrews 11:6) And faith comes from reading and hearing God's Word. (Romans 10:17)

Re: The Highest Form Of Prayer by BetterChurch: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2021
Contemplation many believe is the highest form of Prayer

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleiman Oppressing A Man That Called Him Out For Fake Money Miracle / OPM Founder, Chibuzor Chinyere Hands Cash Gifts To Commercial S£X Workers / The ‘spirit Husband’ Gave Her Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.