Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Don’t Start A Business Until You Read This (A Must Read) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Don’t Start A Business Until You Read This (A Must Read) (117 Views)

WARNING: Do Not Send Money To Nigeria Until You Read This / I Almost Gave Up On My Online Business Until I Discover This / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Start A Business Until You Read This (A Must Read) by OlorunlobaYusuf: 6:35am On Mar 29, 2021
Welcome to my thread.

Before you continue reading this thread, please I want you to format your brain and open your mind. Because what you are about to read will change your mindset.

In this thread, my intention is not to sell you something or ask you to start Real estate, Mini importation, Network marketing, Affiliate marketing or Bitcoin. No. Instead I’m going to be sharing the things that you need to know IF you want to start a business online, and what mistakes you should avoid.

So without wasting much of your time, let’s get into it smiley

Have you ever sold anything in your life? If your answer is YES, I want you to remember the last time you sold something. Why did that person buy from you?

It’s simple. People buy products and services to satisfy their needs and wants. In other words, people buy anything that solves their problems.

With this in mind, if you want make money you should put yourself in a position to solve people’s problems — by offering a product or service that people need.

This may sound elementary, but most people don’t understand this simple concept undecided.

They start by looking at what they would like to buy and not their market. They swim against the desires of their marketplace and begin with their own selfish interests in mind. They ask, ‘What would I like to buy? What is convenient for me to sell? What do I think is a cool offer or service?’

They don’t ask, ‘What is the market asking for?’

You see, there is so many ways to make money — online or not. But the fundamental principle of making money is the same across all industries — Solve people’s needs, shikena!

Most people come into their business with a “Make Money Mindset” and forgo what the consumer wants, and they start to blame their village people when they fail to make money.

Now, stop to ask yourself, “Is there a NEED for what you’re selling? Is there a demand for your goods and services? If you gathered one hundred people in a room and did a sales pitch, how many people would raise their hands?

These questions will give you clear insight on how your business is likely to perform. If your products or services are not solving any burning problems, then you’re going to have a really HARD time selling and growing your business.

Now, you have an idea of how to start your business, how should you market yourself, and make people desire what you sell?

Don’t play the guessing game!

As a guy if you’re interested in a lady you just met for the first time, would you ask her to marry you? Probably not (unless you’re insane).

Why? Because she doesn’t know you, she’s most likely going to ignore you, and walk away.

This is the same thing with customers and ads.

Running adverts and asking people to buy from you is like proposing a complete stranger. The customer would only agree to buy from you after seeing you for the first time if they know, and trust your brand. Or if they are already desperately searching for that thing.

Instead of spamming ads up and down, and ‘hoping’ people buy from you, the first thing you should do is to get peoples attention and establish trust and relationship. Then when you try to pitch them something, they can easily trust and buy.

There you go.

I hope you enjoyed this thread. If you’re interested in growing your business and making money online, then you might be interested in learning digital marketing.

Go ahead and learn digital marketing for FREE in my WhatsApp master class. Drop your WhatsApp number if interested.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave comments.
Re: Don’t Start A Business Until You Read This (A Must Read) by butterfly777(m): 7:07am On Mar 29, 2021
Good job bro.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Start A Business Until You Read This (A Must Read) by yusluvad(m): 7:30am On Mar 29, 2021
Nice output boss...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UBA Well-positioned To Benefit From Recovery Trends In 2021, Says Elumelu / Are You Looking For Reliable Sourcing & Procurement Agent Who Import From China / I Want To Start A Viewing Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.