Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency (411 Views)

Buhari Never Said He Wouldn't Hand Over To Tinubu - Garba Shehu / Femi Adesina: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal One Dollar / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Promised To Fix Apapa Gridlock In 60 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:42am On Mar 29, 2021
The Presidency has said President Muhammadu Buhari never promised to make one naira equivalent to one dollar.

Femi Adesina, a presidential spokesman, described the claim as fake and false.

“It does not exist, it is fake, it is false, it is apocryphal, it doesn’t”, Adesina said on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.

Some Nigerians insist Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) made the promise during the 2015 election campaign.

The issue is also regularly debated on social media.

Currently, a dollar is being exchanged at N480 at the black market despite the official rate of below-N400.

The exchange rate of the Nigerian currency is the major reason behind the calls for naira devaluation.

Last week, Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), attributed therising inflationary trend to insecurity.

Emefiele also attributed the hike in petrol pump price, electricity tariff, and Naira depreciation to inflation.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/28/buhari-never-promised-to-make-one-naira-equivalent-to-one-dollar-presidency/

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by LeeSantos(m): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2021
I am short of words..
country is degrading into a community.
let's sell Nigeria as it's still a country before the value drops oh. me I have said my own.
I don't know how to negotiate
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by WonderManly(m): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
The Presidency has said President Muhammadu Buhari never promised to make one naira equivalent to one dollar.

Femi Adesina, a presidential spokesman, described the claim as fake and false.

“It does not exist, it is fake, it is false, it is apocryphal, it doesn’t”, Adesina said on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.

Some Nigerians insist Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) made the promise during the 2015 election campaign.

The issue is also regularly debated on social media.

Currently, a dollar is being exchanged at N480 at the black market despite the official rate of below-N400.

The exchange rate of the Nigerian currency is the major reason behind the calls for naira devaluation.

Last week, Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), attributed therising inflationary trend to insecurity.

Emefiele also attributed the hike in petrol pump price, electricity tariff, and Naira depreciation to inflation.

source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/28/buhari-never-promised-to-make-one-naira-equivalent-to-one-dollar-presidency/
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by Onogiede(m): 6:46am On Mar 29, 2021
useless set of government
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by uptimum123(m): 6:46am On Mar 29, 2021
It's all propaganda from people of Alaigbo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by blazepascal(m): 6:58am On Mar 29, 2021
grin
Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by OkuFaba(m): 6:59am On Mar 29, 2021
After failing the masses one idiot would come and wantu delete the lies promised

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by ProfessorBerlin(m): 7:01am On Mar 29, 2021
Presidency and the president are mad and if u know u are with them too, u are also mad

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equivalent To One Dollar – Presidency by Mynd44: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2021

(1)

Police Parade 16 Alleged Suspects Involved in Attacks on Security Personnel (Pix / Breaking: Osinbajo Decorates New IGP / One Plane Just Fly Pass My Side Na..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.