Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments (5431 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Anambra Governor, Soludo Announces 3 New Political Appointments / Amaechi: Women Are More Intelligent Than Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2021
The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi has said women should be given a chance to handle more political appointments than men.

The former Governor of Rivers State said this while speaking at the second edition of the Association of Nigerian Women Business Network (ANWBN) in Abuja.

The Minister noted that women are far more intelligent than men and are capable of holding positions of authority in society.

“I do not support male domination, neither do I support female domination. I believe that all of you seated here are qualified to rule this nation.

“I don’t believe that a particular seat should be set aside for a woman, the reason is that women are by far more intelligent than men and should be given more political appointments.

“The Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations, Amina Muhammed was selected not because she was a woman but because she performed excellently well in her previous position.

“When ‘I am invited to a function and women are gathered dancing, I just wonder why women should be dancing at a function when they ought to be given better positions at the function.

“Women in politics stay for meetings till 2am. So if your husband allows you to join politics, he should be ready to support you.

“Any woman I have ever given appointment merited it. However, women are also a problem unto themselves because whenever an appointment is given to a woman, the others start saying the man is dating the woman and that she did not get the appointment because she merited it,” he said.
source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/28/women-should-be-given-more-political-appointments-minister-of-transport-amaechi/

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Olunmercy56(f): 6:54am On Mar 29, 2021
cool Sure grin grin grin grin We get sense no be small grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by butterfly777(m): 6:56am On Mar 29, 2021
Ehn ehn?

What about appointing people based on merit, not gender?

22 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by blazepascal(m): 6:59am On Mar 29, 2021
vital information: my brother if she has ring on her nose use condom. then with leg chain, tattoo and waist bead you have to double the condom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Resurrection212: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2021
Why this man look sick like this.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2021
Seconded!

The future is definitely women.
We can't wait till the day we have the first women president in the most populous Black Nation in the world.

Meanwhile,
Some of us @MANNA were glad to witness this beautiful day......

Dem MANNA shot it..... cool

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2021
Resurrection212:
Why this man look sick like this.
Maybe because he has been so busy working assiduously concerning infrastructures in our darling nation, so that life can be easy for you and yours.

Give him some Thumbs-up.
That is one of the most hardworking ministers in this administration.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Hotice085: 7:35am On Mar 29, 2021
Fulani man from the south south talking
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by salbis(m): 7:35am On Mar 29, 2021
These fools will never ceases to amaze Nigerians. The men don use us tire, dey want to introduce their wives, then their pikin go follow. Na so d circle go continue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by noleflendum: 7:35am On Mar 29, 2021
Some IPOB goats would not agree to this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by ainas247: 7:35am On Mar 29, 2021
cry Agreed, but not type of that women that publicly said Fulani valued Cow than Human life.

If you want to promote your business
With SEO and Google ads, chat up
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by DamnNiggar: 7:36am On Mar 29, 2021
Amaechi go and sit down

Get out
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:36am On Mar 29, 2021
toyinmadakik:
Smart man
Very Smart Man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Nuelito: 7:36am On Mar 29, 2021
Which ever way that will be beneficial to the populace... gender is just a natural thing that can't be evicted and it seems the men dey catch cruise with the opportunities given to em

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Gamer999: 7:36am On Mar 29, 2021
H
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Zico5(m): 7:36am On Mar 29, 2021
I think he is right this time around. Men loot with reckless abandon. I think women should be given chance to handle more sensitive positions possibly there will be light at the end of the tunnel. The like of Amaechi and Akpabio have failed woefully and we need more women to come out and try their lucks.
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Monogamy: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2021
Just wait and see as how Nigeria politicians would turn to motivational and inspirational speaker all in the name of 2023 election.

Why is Amaechi reconfirming something that supposed to be normal?
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by 4tomandchi: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2021
When he was a governor how many women did he give appointments? Failed politicians everywhere!!!
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by McLizbae: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2021
I hope this is not just an advanced wooing line from our uncle to a lady out there... tongue
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Emeka71(m): 7:37am On Mar 29, 2021
He is right to an extent but He should remember that leadership position is more of men because men are better leaders whether we believe or not but people should be selected on merit; and BTW he should stop clamouring women involvement because he shall be seen as a woman-wrapper.
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by yusluvad(m): 7:38am On Mar 29, 2021
Rotimi Amaechi trying to be yeyely relevant these days.
Fulani slave...
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Ay77(m): 7:38am On Mar 29, 2021
This guy and woman � grin
Be like na you Dey wife Our Actress for the industry
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by Akasammyoka: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2021
Look who is talking the heartless amaechi himself. Anyway the future is femaize
Re: Amaechi: Women Should Be Given More Political Appointments by 0fficialAcc0unt: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2021
I agree completely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Committee To Release Convention Guidelines Today / National Assembly Supplementary Elections Have Not Been Fixed - INEC / Why Does Forbes Hate Igbo Billionaires?? (picture Evidence Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.