Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

The 6th South East State: Etiti State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 6th South East State: Etiti State (3560 Views)

Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari / The Most Developed South East State / Nigeria Is The 6th Cheapest Place To Buy Petrol In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Idiko1: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
Okpotokpo:
what's the population of Oyo state

Bro do not pay any mind to loudmouths. Only a dumbass thinks the strength of country lies in its land mass.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Legendforte: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Sit down and ask yourself why is it that whenever Igbo are discussing issues that unites them, it peppers you so much. Hope you know that is how witchcraft starts
No that is the first stage/level of witchcraft
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Legendforte: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
you well so?
How enuani/Anioma take get anything in common with SE?
be guided please and leave Niger Deltans alone.
The shambolic education you acquired is much evident.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Legendforte: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
you sit at the comfort of your thatch house in your village to believe every propaganda you hear on the internet.
I'm from one of the aforementioned states and the only igbos I know here are settlers from SE who come down here for business.
have you actually visited those states to check for yourself?
Now I know why the exiled Albino Hunchback Fraudster is using you guy's heads.
Will you shut up. I got my advanced education in Anioma Delta State. Who told you there are no Igbos and Igboid people in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by orisa37: 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
SE deserves 7 States like NW.

ADD ETITI AND BENUE.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
orisa37:
SE deserves 7 States like NW.

ADD ETITI AND BENUE.

You're comfortable with your region having 6 states, buy when the SE want the same treatment, you start making sarcastic remarks. why
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by orisa37: 4:51am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

You're comfortable with your region having 6 states, buy when the SE want the same treatment, you start making sarcastic remarks. why

YORUBAS CAN HAVE 36 STATES IF THEY WANT BUT LET ODUDUWA ROOST THE 6 FIRST. GUSAU COMMUNITY IN SOKOTO IS YORUBA. TUNDUNWADA AND KAKURI IN KADUNA ARE YORUBAS'. WE WANT YORUBA NATION FIRMLY LAUNCHED IN UN FIRST.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by KingOKON: 7:26am On Mar 30, 2021
unshakablejihad:

bloody dingbat Igbo kill you there.
we have over 600 Igbo villages carved into benue,obubra in cross river,ohaobu in akwa ibom, and a few villages in kogi u can go and do ur research.

if u think u gonna hurt me by insulting Mnk hahahah it won't work bcux i'm nt one of his fanatic followers..

AkwaIbom..... Ewu Uganda!
20% of Abia state belongs to AkwaIbom
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by unshakablejihad: 7:31am On Mar 30, 2021
KingOKON:
AkwaIbom..... Ewu Uganda! 20% of Abia state belongs to AkwaIbom
bloody idiot 50% of akwa ibom belongs to abia.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by KingOKON: 7:35am On Mar 30, 2021
unshakablejihad:

bloody idiot 50% of akwa ibom belongs to abia.

Like father like son, criminals in origin
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Kinematics: 8:33am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
Economic viability of the state
Afikpo is the second biggest town in Ebonyi while Okigwe is the third biggest in Imo. This settlements are already urban in nature with already established revenue generating mechanisms on ground. The Prominent people from the proposed Etiti state shows that there is no lack of human resources and world class talent. The position of Okigwe in the centre of the South East means it is a transit town. It shares closeness with major Igbo towns of Aba, Owerri and Port Harcourt to name a few. It has proximity to all the talents, resources, opportunities, customers in the South East. If an opportunity comes, e.g a rail track, it will definitely pass through Okigwe. Also the Afikpo river has one of the straightest and widest tributaries that flows directly into the Atlantic, incase there is ever going to be a river port in igboland.
Agriculture
The biggest cattle market in igboland is in Umunneochi. One of the major rice farmers in Nigeria are in The Afikpo, Ivo axis. With all other towns growing one type of crop or the other
Power plant
The Oji River LGA boosts of a thermal plant that produced up the 30 MW of electricity when it was functional. If revitalized, it can cater for the electric need of the state

Ibo town kee you there..

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Kinematics: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Let's do the math since politics is a game of numbers

What we have now is

5 SE states with 3 senators each = 15 igbo senators
+
3 Igbo senators from SS (Delta North, Rivers West and Rivers East)

=

18 senators

What you are proposing
5 SE states x 3 senators each = 15
+
3 Anioma senators (when Anioma is added to the SE) = 18
+
2 Igbo Rivers senators

=

20 senators

What I'm proposing
6 SE states x 3 senators each = 18
+
3 Igbo senators from SS (Delta North, Rivers West and Rivers East, even if these 3 senatorial districts are merged to be become a state in the SS)

=

21 senators

Which kind lie be this?
So Senator Betty Apiafi (Rivers West) from Abua/Odual and Senator Barinada Barry Mpigi(Rivers South East) an Ogoni man are ibos?

God who do ipig miscreants this thing? The delusion is too strong.

1 Like

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Kinematics: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

In my own humble opinion, I'd rather they joined Delta North to Rivers South East and Rivers East to form a 100% igbo state in the South South

Pipe dream!
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2021
Kinematics:

Which kind lie be this?
So Senator Betty Apiafi (Rivers West) from Abua/Odul and Senator Barinada Barry Mpigi(Rivers South East) an Ogoni man are ibos?

God who do ipig miscreants this thing? The delusion is too strong.

Address me come with respect, I'm not your father
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Kinematics: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

[s]Address me come with respect, I'm not your father[/s]

See how you keep displaying crass ignorance on nairaland.

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by capitalzero: 8:57am On Mar 30, 2021
Seerade029:
Lol.
Even the whole SE is almost equal to Oyo state.

I just imagine Oyo state divided into 5 states.
It'll become a Dubai in no time cheesy

Economy is not about land mass. Population economy is real deal.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2021
Kinematics:

See how you keep displaying crass ignorance on nairaland.

If the way you conduct yourself on nairaland is the way an enlightened man us supposed to behave, then there is no difference between you and a stark illiterate
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Printerscanner: 9:10am On Mar 30, 2021
triple996:
the question is can this so called state survive on its own.
did you know that the reason for not creating more states is to reduce the load and dependance on fed.gov, who many states can even survive without bailout 4rm fed. even the so called Igbo states existing now cannot do so. did you know that southern kaduna failed to achieve her own state due to the burden she will add to the fed. most of these so called new states will only bring more mess and additional problems. we have been creating more states since independence but instead of solutions, new problems keep coming up day by day.

Yes, it can survive on drug trafficking, human trafficking, fake drugs and kidnapping. They developed Malasia, India, China, US, Europe, Australia with drugs money, definitely they will develop the dreamt state.

1 Like

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2021
Printerscanner:

Yes, it can survive on drug trafficking, human trafficking, fake drugs and kidnapping. They developed Malasia, India, China, US, Europe, Australia with drugs money, definitely they will develop the dreamt state.

Y'all hate drug trafficking but voted Tinubu
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by blaqoracle: 9:32am On Mar 30, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:

Nonsense. Anything that is not adding landmass and or more people to Southeast is useless!
Southeast has the least land. Any new state must either incoporate the Igbo's in Rivers state, Benue, Kogi, Delta, Edo or it is useless.
outright GREED.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Ituku4040: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
The proposed Etiti state is made up of parts of all the 5 existing states of the South East

Orumba South, Orumba North (Anambra)

Awgu, Aninri, Oji River (Enugu)

Afikpo North, Afikpo South, Ivo (Ebonyi)

Ehime Mbano, Okigwe, Onuimo (Imo)

Umunneochi & Isiukwuato (Abia)

It's no news that the South East is the only region with 5 states while the other regions have 6 while the North Central and North West have 7 each. This warrants the creation of an additional state in the SE, not just for fairness but also so governance can move closer to the people. This makes a case for the creation of Etiti State from the parts of the already existing landmass of the South East.

U are dreamers
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Darkcloud11(m): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2021
watch how ipob yoots are leaving up to their name land grabbers, trying to anex SS ibos who keep on rejecting the Portor portor,most of my delta north friends finds it offensive when U call them ibos.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Kinematics: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

If the way you conduct yourself on nairaland is the way an enlightened man us supposed to behave, then there is no difference between you and a stark illiterate

You need to conduct your thoughts in a truthful manner and stop posting rubbish on nairaland.

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by jneutron4000: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2021
Thieves all because of monthly allocations, Nigeria must either restructured so that regions and states can have full control of their resources or be divided.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Igboid: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2021
Well, Republic of Igbo nation remain the best option for Alaigbo.

On the 6th Igbo state thing. A new state comprising of Enuani, Ogbaru LGA of Anambra, and Ndoni in Rivers state, may be we can throw in Ohaji Egbema in IMO into it, and have the new state zoned to SE with Asaba as the capital city will be the most ideal situation.

This state will be rich in oil and gas and human Resources and ready to go.

1 Like

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:
Well, Republic of Igbo nation remain the best option for Alaigbo.

On the 6th Igbo state thing. A new state comprising of Enuani, Ogbaru LGA of Anambra, and Ndoni in Rivers state, may be we can throw in Ohaji Egbema in IMO into it, and have the new state zoned to SE with Asaba as the capital city will be the most ideal situation.

This state will be rich in oil and gas and human Resources and ready to go.

In my opinion, I believe if we Igbos are to form our own nation, it should be a nation made up solely of Igbos. No minority tribe whatsoever should be part of it.

If we ever consider including any minority tribe, then it should be from the Akwa - Cross pennisula. And it should be after and only after they have had a referandum and a whooping majority vote to be part of the Igbo country
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Legendforte:
We Igbos should campaign for Enuani or anioma state to be made part of southeast, not the fragmentation of our region.
You and who..
If ABA state is been neglected this time...
we Ngwa people will make you guys understand that we are just Igboid...
Ndiala...
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
selemempe:
Most igbos will only support Anioma state. The reason I believe is because of ongoing Igbo nationalism.

We want to bring as much Igbo people together into one political arrangement.

We are not like the yorubas who have a voice already in Nigeria since after the civil war.

Anioma has Asaba and Delta has Warri...so that alone gives Anioma an edge over Etiti state. Anioma would also be the largest state in South East and would significantly increase our land
If they support Anioma then all Abia Central and Abia South... will join south south.....and push for ABA state
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by onumadu: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

- Part of Anambra state was carved out to create Enugu
- Part of Anambra state was carved out to create Ebonyi
- Part of Anambra will still be carvEd out to create Etiti.

You better listen when someone in the know tells you.
Your idea of carving Orumba out of Anambra will not happen.
Let me put it this way: If you find even 5% of people in Orumba that want to leave Anambra state, please go ahead and carve them out.
But I promise you won't find them.

Anioma (for now) remains the most viable option for another South East state.

The Aniomas have paid enough price for Igbo nationalism
, and should be recognized by all Igbo for that.

The current South Eastern states are perfect in size and composition.
No need to add or reduce landmass of any current SE state.
No need reinventing the wheel.
All these people canvassing for further balkanization of existing Igbo states are just dangerously myopic and selfish.
They want a small pond where they can be big fishes.
All sensible Igbo should call them out!

1 Like

Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Legendforte: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
You and who..
If ABA state is been neglected this time...
we Ngwa people will make you guys understand that we are just Igboid...
Ndiala...
Greatly inconsequential. Why not declare your kindred a state. Do u think i am a stupid unity begger.
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Daveconsult007: 1:28am On Jan 13, 2022
ThumbzTNA:

Landmass occupied by Igbo whether in SE or SS is already igboland. For example, I as an Igbo man feel more comfortable building a house in Asaba (whether it's in SE or SS) than building one in Otukpo or Calabar

In my humble opinion, what Igbo in SS need is to have a state to themselves, but said state will still remain in the SS. They shouldn't share a state with other tribes. It's true that igbo people from SS are always torn between agenda of the ND and that of Igbo. That's what brings about identity crises. Having a state that is made up of Delta North, Rivers East and Rivers West (Igbo and igboid group in the South South) is the best for everyone. The minority tribes are happy because they finally have their state to themselves. The Igbo are happy because they are finally in a state with one identity and destiny. Everyone wins

SS as a zone was meant for "minority"
There's no way you're having major ethnic group occupy a whole state.

Any Ibo looking for a state in SS should be willing to join SE
Re: The 6th South East State: Etiti State by Daveconsult007: 1:31am On Jan 13, 2022
Kebbiprince:

We the 'abokkkis' own the north if u don't know

No Aboki.
I think bandits, ISawp and Boko Haram owns the north

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obidient Walk In Katsina (pictures) / Nigeria Aims To Raise Oil, Condensates Output To 2.6M BPD By 2026 / How Does Aso Rock Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.