Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari (37666 Views)

The 6th South East State: Etiti State / The Most Developed South East State / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by nero2face: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has asked those clamouring for restructuring to define their concept of restructuring.

President Buhari, who stated this in an interview with the Channels TV, which was aired on Wednesday night, also explained his problem with the South-East on their demand for another state.
Asked his position on restructuring, the President said, “Those who talk of restructuring; I want them to define what they mean in their own concept of restructuring.

“Do they want more states? If they want, look at the map of Nigeria, at whose expense?

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.
“That was the last I heard from them” on the matter, the President said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/restructuring-my-problem-with-south-east-buhari/

20 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by atorioke(m): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
So the constitutional amendment review Committees meetings held in various geopolitical zones in the country were jokes? Na wa o.

“I, therefore, appeal to our youths to listen to the voice of reason. What an old man sees sitting, a child cannot see even if he climbs an iroko tree. Let us to the path of peace. All shall be well. If we remain firmly committed to the unity of Nigeria we shall get all we seek.”

In another development, the leadership of Aba state movement, led by Elder Emmanuel Adaelu, said among other things that the constitution review committee should consider the report of the committee on state creation of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide under Nnia Nwodo, he said: “The Committee should consider the merit for the creation of Aba and Adada States respectively, resolved and recommended for the creation of Aba State, with 12 members supporting, and 5 abstaining. The Committee also recommended that any other State Creation exercise in the South-East should give Adada State priority.

The bolded is the resolution of the South east Committee on constitutionall amendment review held in Owerri and chaired by Hope Uzodinma. This our President has always been a wrong choice and it is South west that put us in this current mess, just to massage their ego and self-acclaimed sophistication. How can a President's response to restructuring agitation be issue of state creation for Ndigbo. So the state police, resource control and independence of the judiciary agreed upon by all the geopolitical zones in the South are not enough to make him understand what restructuring is all about? What a President!

South West and North, please make una manage this una man. Na una put am there. Godforbid bad thing.

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Gazzy88(m): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.

Na young John produce the beat this time grin cheesy

225 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by GodHatesBigots(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.

725 Likes 78 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Afamsi: 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
Buhari should realise that restructuring Nigeria is not doing a favour to south east but to save Nigeria from collapse

192 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by GodHatesBigots(m): 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
We shall reclaim all our Igbo lands that were cunningly carved into Kogi, Benue, Delta and Rivers states. It’s only a matter of time.

The cow herding dullard doesn’t know what he is talking about.

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Gazzy88(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.
Guy talk true, buhari knows how to press your mumu button. grin

Let me translate for you in pidgin so you understand: buhari talk say make ibo leaders go check map whether any states fit contribute land take create 6th state wey don dey hungry una for decades but since then, ya leaders no gree talk about am again.

129 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by JaroMan: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:

How? Did actually think the Igbo leaders failed to come back because Buhari has superior arguments? They left him because they know he doesn't understand.
Dealing with Igbos? So Igbos buy things in different markets? So they buy fuel from different stations?
So what about what he told Makinde about herdsmen? So that is romance?

260 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by GodHatesBigots(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
Gazzy88:

Let me translate for you in pidgin so you understand: buhari talk say make ibo leaders go check map whether any states fit contribute land take create 6th state wey don dey hungry una for decades but since then, ya leaders no gree talk about am again.

Let me join you and laugh at your ignorance grin grin

266 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Putindbutt: 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
Buhari wants to lock ibos up within the 5 states. They have the least state of the six geopolitical zones yet Buhari is stylishly asking them who they think would be responsible for the so called new state. 36 states never chop belleful, you wan come add 37 join. Who u epp.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Vistra40: 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2022
[s][/s]
Gazzy88:

Na young John produce the beat this time grin[s][/s]D

20 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Vistra40: 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2022
[s][/s]
Gazzy88:

Let me translate for you in pidgin so you understand: buhari talk say make ibo leaders go check map whether any states fit contribute land take create 6th state wey don dey hungry una for decades but since then, ya leaders no gree talk about am again.[s][/s]

17 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by omenkaLives(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
GodHatesBiigots:
We shall reclaim all our Igbo lands that were cunningly carved into Kogi, Benue, Delta and Rivers states. It’s only a matter of time.

Igbo lands carved into Benue indeed. What makes you think it isnt Benue lands that were carved into minuscule south East? What about Kogi lands full of Igalas in Anambra?

In the minds of Igbos, everyone owes them everything, but they owe no one nothing. The entitlement you Igbos have is eerily similar to that of the people you love to hate from "futa jalon " and it is sickening.

Pathetic.

125 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by DOTian: 12:39am On Jan 06, 2022
Whenever the South East talks about the need to create a state or two in the East to sort the injustice in this area , since the other regions have more, they're quickly reminded of how there are no resources to carter for already existing ones. All of a sudden, chronic state looters will start vomiting all sorts of crafty reasons to make the case for more states look out of place and greedy.

But if you ask the same people arguing against more states because of meager resources to remove one state each from their zones together with some local governments too, so we can "cut down on government expenses", they will all disappear! They don't want to hear that! Vehemently, they refuse... Essentially, they want to keep their states and Local governments, while preaching to the East to have less. Cunning much?

This is how 2 states in the North,(Kano and Katsina) ended up having almost the same amount of Local Governments with the whole South East... Kano municipal alone has almost the same amount of LGAs with Bayelsa state!
Sick people..

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Gazzy88(m): 12:45am On Jan 06, 2022
1650fifty:
[s][/s]
As you're busy canceling my posts while leaving that of your fellow flat skulls, so shall you be canceled this year.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by mcjohny(m): 3:36am On Jan 06, 2022
I would believe him once he stops reading I interviews with written notes

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by LollySeaSide: 4:57am On Jan 06, 2022
The man is being sincere here.
At least once in his lifetime, he has said something that is true.
He doesn't know the meaning of restructuring and he's bold enough to admit it.
It's probably his first time of hearing the word "restructuring" and he wasn't with a dictionary to check the meaning.
Even if he had a dictionary, he may be sceptical about looking the word up since it concerns the South East. MNK could've smuggled a different meaning of the word into the dictionary.
Zaazuuzeeh!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BigSarah(f): 4:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Restructuring suddenly means creating an additional SE state?

Even the people claiming they're responsible for pushing restructuring since 2018, they're supporting this ignorant statement,..
People aren't ready

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by preacherz: 4:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Haaaa
Baba again
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by kollinz1234(m): 5:01am On Jan 06, 2022
President indeed.
A fool @ 40 is a fool forever, what about a fool @79

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by maxtop(m): 5:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Baba has been trending for 3 days now, always in the news answering questions.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by lexy2014: 5:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:

did the people of south east say they need another state in addition to the existing states? is state creation the same thing as restructuring?

35 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by seyz91(m): 5:02am On Jan 06, 2022
cheesy
Putindbutt:
Buhari wants to lock ibos up within the 5 states. They have the least state of the six geopolitical zones yet Buhari is stylishly asking them who they think would be responsible for the feeding of their so called new state. 36 states never chop belleful, you wan come add 37 join. Who u epp.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by azpekuliar: 5:03am On Jan 06, 2022
Mumu man...

We are talking of fiscal federalism, resource control, devolution of powers, state policing etc... this fool is talking of state creation in 2021.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:03am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:

buhari is a stupid man

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Navalsadiq(m): 5:05am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

will you people ever have sense.the lands and oil field that GEJ gave you guys that belongs to KOGI will be given back.

You guys should really check your selves.you go to delta,rivers and other parts they say no.

The language you guys refused to embraced and understand is that you guys are not wanted...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by dasparrow: 5:05am On Jan 06, 2022
State creation and restructuring are two different things Mr President but I don't expect you to know.

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Annoying Things GEJ/PEJ Apologists Say In Their Defence / Aso Rock Cabal, Saraki Begin Sabotage Of Osinbajo As PMB's Sickness Deepens - SR / Convert Your Dollars To Naira Before Dangote Refinery Starts – Omokri To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.