Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil (17379 Views)

The North Wants The SE To Remain In Nigeria Because Of Its Huge Gas Deposits / $5 Billion Trapped Under Anambra Basin As Huge Gas Reserve Remains Stranded / More Gas Resources Discovered Offshore Lagos – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by nextstep(m): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
Gas and petroleum come from the same place: underground hydrocarbons.

They are both natural resources, and the technology for extracting them are all imported. It will be developed by foreign companies, who will pay Nigeria a price we don't control. How on earth is this diversification?

Besides, the world is moving away from hydrocarbons to renewals (at least gas might still be needed for heating and industrial chemicals), but this is the last thing we should be pouring money into.

A country of 200+ million people cannot be reliant on exchanging natural resources for dollars, that we just use to buy consumables. Still our teaming youths remain underemployed, instead funding the employment of foreign youths.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Easyosafo: 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
who is man talking?
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by na2016: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
okeyglm:
After year of depleting oil resources . They are eyeing south east gas. fulani ndi oshi

Which south east gas again? The Niger delta, south south is blessed with Natural Gas abundantly

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by elisho: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
mad man
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Clueless president ever..

angry

Ogun kill u, kill tinubu join.

Criminal bastards!
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Imsoblessed: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2021
okeyglm:
After year of depleting oil resources . They are eyeing south east gas. fulani ndi oshi
The Niger delta still has the highest gas deposit in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by sylve11: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
Na only gas and oil them dey see. What about agriculture? cool
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by sylve11: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2021
na2016:

Which south east gas again? The Niger delta, south south is blessed with Natural Gas abundantly

Don't bother yourself answering those clueless ones. cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Iegendhero: 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2021
OfoIgbo:
I hope these guys are not hoping on exploiting Igbo gas, with the largest reserves in Africa

grin grin grin

Our gas!!

One Nigeria my brother!

The gas is for us all!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
Thief
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by sylve11: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

The largest gas deposit is in the East.

Do you have data to this your fact? cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by VictorUSA(m): 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
After this the same old story will still trend. Nigeria remains thesame.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by sam564: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
is it not one nigeria again, lets explore the God given resources at our disposal asap.... even nasarawa state that is so endowed with natural resources is only egusi(melon) we arre actually benefiting from there talkless of other nothern state that even have gold but we aint profitting from it.... north will make sure it rape and abuse the abundance of natural resources in the south before dey will be calming down like this.....
my happiness is that the gift of GOD add no sorrow, the resources in the south will neva run dry....its God given gift......
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Rugaria: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Soolmus:
cool

Sign petroleum industry bill, let private sector take full charge

A nation that flares gas instead of powering power generating plants with it

Some people go don use LNG become trillionaires since Nigerians don't focus on that

Your private sector should go and take charge of cocoa and not gas from Imo state..
Pontificating on other people's resources?
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Penguin2: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

You’re replying a dumbass!

I swear!

Some of those fools are better ignored

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Ashinze: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
After una don dey finish the oil, you call it little oil
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Eriokanmi: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
Elliot2:
Not Okolobiri, it is Obunàgha( the next community after Okolobiri) which is my community. In fact my family is the rightful owner of that land the gas is flaring but we are in abject poverty. Oil is a curse!
Oh, sorry. I actually went to Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital for a project. So, another village or community is the one after crossing that bridge at okolobiri? I thought it was part of okolobiri because of the very close distance. I saw the gas flaring from afar so I crossed the bridge to see the plant. It's like 2 minutes trek away from that bridge beside the teaching Hospital's fence. Poverty was obviously written on the faces of the dwellers. Some said their leaders share the royalties and allocations and leave peanuts for ones living in the community. What a pity. See youths dealing in POS business all around. Niger delta elders are the problems of that region . Once they share the money, they return to the various cities where they live like the mallams do

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by caracas: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2021
na2016:

Sharap
Which has do u have compared to the south east?
Anambra n imo combined are richer than the whole of Africa in terms of Natural gas
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by OfoIgbo: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
Iegendhero:

One Nigeria my brother!

The gas is for us all!

grin grin

I understand your point, but the federal government totally neglected the SE in sharing the oil boom spoils.

Something far more dangerous and deadlier than ESN will emerge, if Igbos don't get an intimidating lion share from any gas hustle.

No significant federal presence in the SE. Haba
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Iegendhero: 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
OfoIgbo:

I understand your point, but the federal government totally neglected the SE in sharing the oil boom spoils.

Something far more dangerous and deadlier than ESN will emerge, if Igbos don't get an intimidating lion share from any has hustle.

No significant federal presence in the SE. Haba

I don’t subscribe that the Federal government neglected the SE in sharing oil boom. Last I checked, the SE states still receive FAAC from the same oil proceeds and I don’t understand what you mean by neglected.

Also I think two states in the SE are part of those receive the 13% derivation so that’s also fair enough.

Yes, ESN can always vent their anger about that if igbos don’t get lion share from the gas and they will be justified just as the ND militant were justified in their clamor.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by kayjay69(m): 6:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
Den don finish with oil, now den wan start the choppings of gas.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by obosi2028(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2021
Soolmus:

cool

And so ?!

Ojuckwu surrendered and begged us to take everything in alaigbo

Let me tell you allow Igbos to fight with huasa Fulani it won't take one month there be no hausa and falani in Nigeria you know that . Maybe you have heard how many Nations that Biafra for three years.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by obosi2028(m): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
Soolmus:

cool

And so ?!

Ojuckwu surrendered and begged us to take everything in alaigbo

Let me tell you allow Igbos to fight with huasa Fulani it won't take one month there be no hausa and falani in Nigeria you know that . Maybe you have heard how many Nations that fought Biafra for three years.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Elliot2(m): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Oh, sorry. I actually went to Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital for a project. So, another village or community is the one after crossing that bridge at okolobiri? I thought it was part of okolobiri because of the very close distance. I saw the gas flaring from afar so I crossed the bridge to see the plant. It's like 2 minutes trek away from that bridge beside the teaching Hospital's fence. Poverty was obviously written on the faces of the dwellers. Some said their leaders share the royalties and allocations and leave peanuts for ones living in the community. What a pity. See youths dealing in POS business all around. Niger delta elders are the problems of that region . Once they share the money, they return to the various cities where they live like the mallams do
Yup. just after the bridge is Obunagha. Brother I can't fit shout what we are passing through. Shell and federal govt are conniving thieves. Like I said, oil is a curse upon us.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by obosi2028(m): 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
Glory be to God Biafra have arrive they thought we are river line areas that allow them share their oil well. This is where their greed life will come up because the will like to become share holds in Igbo gas which I know it be the last that will happen in Nigeria
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Eriokanmi: 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
Elliot2:
Yup. just after the bridge is Obunagha. Brother I can't fit shout what we are passing through. Shell and federal govt are conniving thieves. Like I said, oil is a curse upon us.
Eyah. It's well bro. That place suppose be like Singapore today. It shall happen someday and it all begins with you guys to claim what belongs to you. All those Niger delta high chiefs are sitting on top of what belongs to the region. You can take back what belongs to you without taking to violence...
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by slowice(m): 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2021
Make I see una leg for southeast idiots.... After destroying southsouth they want to extent their leprosy infested hand to the east..... It won't work.

Let your one Nigeria end in the south south.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by chaloskyx: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
NA SO IS IT NOT THE LITTLE OIL THAT ALL OF YOU WANT TO KILL YOURSELVES OVER HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE VENTURED INTO GAS AND WHAT HAVE U MADE USE OF THE HUGE HASE RESOURCES WE HAVE ALL MOUTH NO ACTION USELESS LEADERS
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by Elliot2(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Eyah. It's well bro. That place suppose be like Singapore today. It shall happen someday and it all begins with you guys to claim what belongs to you. All those Niger delta high chiefs are sitting on top of what belongs to the region. You can take back what belongs to you without taking to violence...
I have given up, I don't have any hope! You will understand if you go through my thread concerning the land! Shell with some few persons connived to deny us of our property. The reason why those communities are like that is because they took it from us and gave it to someone else, and now those people are being blackmailed. They can not ask for any benefits beyond the few changes or token Shell gives them, because they all know they don't own it.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria, A Nation Of Huge Gas Resources, Little Oil by ChoCho54(f): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2021
Jjackson:
Linus
Lawd!!
Df!! Hahaha Hahahahaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commander Daba: Pilot Of The Crashed Helicopter - A Tribute / Jonathan Lands In Otuoke, Gets Accredited / Gambia Stalemate: Reps To Debate Asylum For Jammeh In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.