Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (44830 Views)

Violence & Disallowed Goal From Kano Pillars VS Dakkada (The Full Details, Video / Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch ANGRY After Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (Photos) / Why We Won’t Appeal Disallowed Goal Against Nigeria – Zambia FA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by 9jaRealist: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2021
doverulez:
What are you even saying? did you even watch the said match? that was a neat goal and it was disallowed. why? like my brother above rightly said. its a scenario of Match fixing gone wrong. shikena.
Joysticks:
The linesman saw the goal.

No, he did not...
Neither was it a “neat” goal (even the Portuguese continued playing after the clearance).

I watched the game and even the commentators didn’t realize the ball crossed the goal line.
Even after the television replays, the commentators were wondering why Ronaldo was so mad.

Although I initially suspected it crossed the line...
Refs have to make a split-second decision (with goal-line technology here) if the ENTIRE ball did.
>
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by ddippset(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2021
9jaRealist:

The yellow will most likely be rescinded...
And the ref might even be punished/sanctioned.

But the result cannot be changed post-match...
Ref mistakes are a PART of the game of football.

If it is discovered the ref was on the take...
The match would then most likely be replayed.

>
How can the yellow card be rescinded?
Can his rant and indiscipline against the referee be rescinded?

Even if a ref makes a mistake, is s a player allowed to behave badly?
The way you guys reason sef ehn!

Every decision stands; this year alone I believe over 100 bad decisions have been made in football.

What all the noise about this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by 9jaRealist: 9:13am On Mar 30, 2021
ddippset:
How can the yellow card be rescinded?
Can his rant and indiscipline against the referee be rescinded?

Even if a ref makes a mistake, is s a player allowed to behave badly?
The way you guys reason sef ehn!

Every decision stands; this year alone I believe over 100 bad decisions have been made in football.

What all the noise about this?

The CONTEXT of the player’s actions is taken into consideration in these reviews...
That’s why (for example) cards have been rescinded when it is discovered a player was reacting to racial insults.
>

1 Like

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Duplexxx: 9:17am On Mar 30, 2021
The referee is a racist
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by davit: 9:18am On Mar 30, 2021
The referee was lucky it wasn't Suarez! grin
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 9:20am On Mar 30, 2021
Cti28:
Lol, I nearly bite my tongue. Pionel
gringrin u self reason am ba?
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2021
Apology is not enough. FIFA should award full three points to Portugal and cancel the yellow card issued against Ronaldo. That Referee's decision was dubious ; a daylight robbery !

1 Like

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by 9jaRealist: 9:22am On Mar 30, 2021
Masonkaycares:
Or UEFA should start thinking straight and have goal line technology. Even Netherlands use it but a whol UEFA can't not to talk of VAR. Naija league better pass that one be dat nah.
nairalee:
Var would have solved this.

And for completions that have VAR already, referees should be punished for obvious errors cos I don't know why we still have lots of controversies despite VAR
oloyedewaris:
These are the people making sense, we are all human, we can't be 100% accurate, but when machines are used, errors are reduced

Reduced, I agree, but not likely to be ever completely eliminated...
Let’s not forget that the failure of goal-line technology was the reason Aston Villa was not relegated last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wA4dFofnrA
>

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2021
IlufoyeOlamife:

Una b real character, my Messi people
Bro na cruise ooo. Life is too precious for stress.grin grin
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2021
Kingcalls:

E no sweet for ear...na the one below sweet pass...them even give am guitar grin grin grin

The song is actually legendary grin grin

We Ronaldo nd Messi fans re one hell of a people.grin grin

1 Like

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 9:28am On Mar 30, 2021
obonujoker:

Lol... grin
I dey work, i nor get ur tym yet.grin grin
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 9:29am On Mar 30, 2021
bewla:
Messi and pessi be two and three

him official soft drink
grin grin
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by dapadawee: 9:31am On Mar 30, 2021
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2021
D Did Has Been Done. There Is Nothing Anyone Can Do Abt It. Abi Himself Don 4get D Wayo Fall & D Diving Wey Dem Take Dey Give Am P.K? What Goes Goes Around Comes Around. Dat Day Na Him Turn.

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by jamesversion: 10:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Soolmus:
Match fixing gone wrong

After cutting my direct win, na apology dis ewu dey give.
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2021
9jaRealist:

No, he did not...
Neither was it a “neat” goal (even the Portuguese continued playing after the clearance).

I watched the game and even the commentators didn’t realize the ball crossed the goal line.
Even after the television replays, the commentators were wondering why Ronaldo was so mad.

Although I initially suspected it crossed the line...
Refs have to make a split-second decision (with goal-line technology here) if the ENTIRE ball did.
>
Supporters club
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by femi4: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2021
othermen:
Why can't the goal be awarded then and the yellow card- rescinded?
Not possible after the final whistle . Referee error is part of the game

When he scored two offside goals against Bayern, it wasn't rescinded
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by femi4: 10:43am On Mar 30, 2021
9jaRealist:

Reduced, I agree, but not likely to be ever completely eliminated...
Let’s not forget that the failure of goal-line technology was the reason Aston Villa was not relegated last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wA4dFofnrA
>
Epl is useless, nothing stopped them from combining var and goal line technology to judge the incident
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2021
pquaver:

His own sweet me for ear ooo. Chai give me Spezia, give me parma, give Hellas or a Penaltee.. cool grin
Tank u jawe. U dey reason well. Chop Knuckle. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Numerouno94(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2021
Reference:

Then you open a Pandoras box of endless litigations and a slippery slope of reawarded trophies and withdrawn medals perhaps going back to the 50's.

You will certainly need to wake the great Diego Armando Maradona from the grave to 'unpunch' the ball into net that set Argentina on its way to the Mexixo 86 cup.

FIFA is not the IOC. They don't do retro. What they can do is to make VAR mandatory for all and develop technology that is affordable to all.

Nice one.
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Onitola2: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2021
mysportdab:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9414519/amp/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Referee-APOLOGISED-Portugals-squad-ruling-late-winner.html
its uefa that's faulty for not providing VAR, the refs are humans, can do error, so many goals have been denied/awarded wrongly b4 VAR , now that there's opportunity to minimize the error, why not go for it since majority of the fields can be equipped. The ref was not certain it crossed d line so he yellow carded CR7 for the way he reacted, many players blamed CR7 for the way he reacted also, he's also been given goals at a time that VAR would disallow now after all.
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Bahamas95(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
Will the fvcking apology give Portugal the 3points?

Nonsense!

Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by udemzyudex(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
majamajic:

There's goal line technologies

Did you watch the match? and why wasn't it applied?
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by Ayo2004: 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
Abeg,poor officiating
has helped Ronaldo many times especially in Real Madrid,why e con dey pain am?
Re: Referee Danny Makkelie Apologies For Ronaldo's Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia by charlesucheh(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
This is where VAR becomes relevant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Celebrates His 65th Birthday (Photo) / Marco Kwiotek Arrested For Conceding 43 Goals In A Match / Real Madrid Fans Send Message To Jose Mourinho During Defeat To Eibar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.