Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Biden Urges Unity Against Hate - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Biden Urges Unity Against Hate (90 Views)

Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family' / Stop Consuming Non Iodine Salt, NAFDAC Urges Nigerians / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biden Urges Unity Against Hate by Andromache: 2:27am On Mar 30, 2021
President Biden and Vice President Harris called for unity after attacks against Asian Americans have surged since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
"There are simply some core values and beliefs that should bring us together as Americans," Biden said during a speech at Emory University in Atlanta on Friday. "One of them is standing together against hate, against racism, the ugly poison that has long haunted and plagued our nation."
Biden's remarks came three days after a gunman opened fire at three massage businesses in the Atlanta area, killing eight people, including six women of Asian descent.
While the suspect, 21-year-old Robert Aaron Long of Georgia, told investigators that the shootings were not racially motivated, physical violence and verbal harassment against members of the Asian American community have spiked over the past year.
"Whatever the motivation, we know this, too many Asian Americans walking up and down the streets are worried," Biden said. "They've been attacked, blamed, scapegoated, harassed, they've been verbally assaulted, physically assaulted, killed."
The president said that these incidents are evidence that "words have consequences."

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Is In A Race Between Vaccines And Variants, Says Public Health Expert / Get Some Information When Having Seminal Vesiculitis Examination / Frequently Asked Questions: Will Prostatitis Vanish Without Treatments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.