Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car (1261 Views)

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? / Stolen Car / How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 5:31am On Mar 30, 2021
Please Nlanders, I am about to buy a car from another state. The the person is willing to bring it down to me using a driver (for inspection before I will make payments), all I will pay is for fuel and driver fee. The deal looks too good to be true based on the amount of the car presently in Lagos. Please how do I ensure I am not buying a stolen car?

Car dealers who move cars to different states, please what do I look out for?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:36am On Mar 30, 2021
No try am oh, no buy stolen goods

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by osato45: 5:57am On Mar 30, 2021
Ask for the license and registration of the plate number of the vehicle after purchase, as well at least 3 to 5 years of expired license registration.

The car must be sold by the owner or name on the plate number registration, with him or her presenting his drivers license or voter card or national Id card or international passport, this are the only legit proof of identification.

Once you suspect no wrong doing from the above, let your trusted mechanic drive and access the car with you in it and give you his professional advice, whether you should buy or not, because the car could be stolen or in bad shape (not worth buying)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by makermix: 6:55am On Mar 30, 2021
buy in d state u are, aren't there car sellers there?

YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by 1Alex: 6:59am On Mar 30, 2021
Ronzy1990:
Please Nlanders, I am about to buy a car from another state. The the person is willing to bring it down to me using a driver (for inspection before I will make payments), all I will pay is for fuel and driver fee. The deal looks too good to be true based on the amount of the car presently in Lagos. Please how do I ensure I am not buying a stolen car?

Thanks in anticipation.

Will you also pay for the fuel and the driver when the vehicle arrives to your destination?

If you must pay for the fuel and driver before you see the vehicle, then forget the whole thing, it's a scam. They are only interested in that money for fuel and driver.

8 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 8:21am On Mar 30, 2021
Thanks. I appreciate this
1Alex:

Will you also pay for the fuel and the driver when the vehicle arrives to your destination?

If you must pay for the fuel and driver before you see the vehicle, then forget the whole thing, it's a scam. They are only interested in that money for fuel and driver.
Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Lexusgs430: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2021
Ronzy1990:

Thanks in anticipation.

Before you buy this e - car.......... Have you considered this option........

If this e - car arrives in your dreams and you don't like it....... What happens next?.......

Which real vehicle seller, would travel inter state, to seal a proposed deal........

You are about to buy a monkey on a tree, resident in sambisa forest......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2021
Lol. Thank boss. Contribution appreciated
Lexusgs430:

Before you buy this e - car.......... Have you considered this option........

If this e - car arrives in your dreams and you don't like it....... What happens next?.......

Which real vehicle seller, would travel inter state, to seal a proposed deal........

You are about to buy a monkey on a tree, resident in sambisa forest......... cheesy
Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by lilachiever(m): 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ronzy1990:

Thanks in anticipation.

Do not pay upfront for fuel and driver fee...

Have them drive the car down before you do so. But note that you have to pay the fees whether you end up buying the car or not.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
lilachiever:

Do not pay upfront for fuel and driver fee...

Have them drive the car down before you do so. But note that you have to pay the fees whether you end up buying the car or not.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by eenai(m): 4:02am On Mar 31, 2021
Advance fee fraud loading.... You will send money for driver and fuel. Guy man go use am free style. Matter go end dia. Car you no go see. Lol.
Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
makermix:
buy in d state u are, aren't there car sellers there?

YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
thank you
Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
eenai:
Advance fee fraud loading.... You will send money for driver and fuel. Guy man go use am free style. Matter go end dia. Car you no go see. Lol.
thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
Thanks Brothers. I appreciate you all. The guy was actually a scam!

I am grateful!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Buy A Stolen Car by Ronzy1990(m): 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
This is great!....thanks so much!
osato45:
Ask for the license and registration of the plate number of the vehicle after purchase, as well at least 3 to 5 years of expired license registration.

The car must be sold by the owner or name on the plate number registration, with him or her presenting his drivers license or voter card or national Id card or international passport, this are the only legit proof of identification.

Once you suspect no wrong doing from the above, let your trusted mechanic drive and access the car with you in it and give you his professional advice, whether you should buy or not, because the car could be stolen or in bad shape (not worth buying)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Replacing My Car Tyre / Who Is Familiar With Fuel Pump Check Valve Here ? / Easy Fix - Anti Theft Light Flashing While Car Is On (toyota Or Lexus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.