Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,841 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Where To Get Foodstuffs In Bulk And At Cheaper Prices In Lagos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where To Get Foodstuffs In Bulk And At Cheaper Prices In Lagos (2399 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria By Foodstuff Store (may 2022) / The Change In Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get Foodstuffs In Bulk And At Cheaper Prices In Lagos by thekichinboss: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
The price of food stuff is increasing by the day and to cook for a family now is money. Just imagine how much a family of six spends on food daily.

People no longer even eat thrice daily, if two time manage come out everybody go manage grin

An average Nigerian family must learn how to cut corners when it comes to this food matter so that at least they can eat good food without spending soo much.

Meal planning, budgeting, bulk shopping, prepping and preservation are the gateway to spending less money and time in the kitchen.

Markets in Lagos where you can get foodstuffs in bulk and at cheaper prices are :

Mile 12: you see all those perishables, if you want them fresh and way cheaper than what you will buy in your area, this is the place.

Oyingbo: I never see the soup wey you want cook wey the ingredients no dey this market. Especially soups from the Eastern and Southern parts of Nigeria.

You want crayfish in bulk? Fish of different types and shapes? Dried or fresh? Liverpool is the place to be.

There are other markets that are central for different locations too. Like Mushin, Iyana Iba, Ile-epo, Ikotun, and the likes.

For beef and the likes, there are abattoirs scattered all over, popularly called Odo-eran. Just locate the one closer to you.

Stocking up monthly or bi-weekly is the way forward. You get to buy food items at the wholesale prices, which would save you some money and of course stress of always going to get in bits.

The major challenge of buying in these markets is that a lot of people don't have the money to buy at large quantities, all you have to do is collaborate with other people who need items from the same market and you guys buy together and share.

Also, it is one thing to know where these markets are, it's another thing to understand how the market operates and know the nooks and crannies of the market. If not, even in market like Mile 12, you might end of buying expensive stuff.

If you are interested in sharing food items or you have a list you want to stock up for the month, click on this link
/2PHtUwo
Re: Where To Get Foodstuffs In Bulk And At Cheaper Prices In Lagos by Omaisababe: 6:29am On Aug 28, 2023
Hello there, thanks for the post, nice one !!
But quick question, where is LIverpool located, you just said it but I don't think I know the place.
Please you need to give like updated information like where these places are, cuz some people might not know of them. I know alot of them, but not all.
Also I came here to know where I can buy like cartons things, like Indomie, sardines, geisha, Spagetti and things.
Also where we would be able to buy provisions and household items at retail amount but at almost wholesale prices.
Apart from the family something you talked about as the reason we should stock up (you are so right, as this post is even more valid in 2023), I want to buy for reselling also. So please I would like that that you update your post or reply to this one. Thanks
Hope you are well and I hope to hear from you soon.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Cakes For Abuja Residents. / The Different Types Of Nigerian Kilishi / How To Prepare Nigerian Ogbono Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.