Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England (25043 Views)

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Ahead Of Ivory Coast, Haaland’s Norway After Biggest Move / Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) / Kelechi Iheanacho Should Learn From Ola Aina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by robosky02(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ola Aina- The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England
Fulham defender Ola Aina says his decision to play for Nigeria is the best thing he has done in his career after helping Nigeria qualify for another Africa Cup of Nations.

Aina started the 1-0 win over Benin Republic on Saturday but was substituted with Chidozie Awaziem before Paul Onuachu scored what ended as the winner in the third and final minute of time added on.

Nigeria have already secured top spot of and qualification for the AFCON even before the game on Saturday making it almost a possibility for Aina to play in another Africa Cup of Nations. His first was the 2019 edition.

“ I can’t wait to play in another major tournament with the Super Eagles and bring joy to Nigerians. The national team means so much to the people here”, he said after this evening training in Lagos ahead of tomorrow’s dead rubber tie against Lesotho.

He was asked if he thinks his decision to settle for Nigeria after representing England at several youth levels has paid off, the defender who is on loan to Fulham from Torino said it is for now the best decision of his career.

“ No regrets or whatsoever. It is for now one of the best decisions I have taken in my career. In several ways playing for Nigeria has made me a better player”, he concluded.
https://www.thedabigal.com.ng/ola-aina-the-best-decision-i-have-taken-is-picking-nigeria-ahead-of-england/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by robosky02(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hello

Are you there OK

Please give the phone to Tammy Abraham

OK Tammy how market?......

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Amotolongbo(f): 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2021
I wish Noni Madueke of PSV and Crystal Palace’s Eberechi Eze can have the rethink on their decisions to star for the 3 lions and play for the eagles.

The only Nigerian player best served playing for a European country is David Alaba. He is even the captain of the Austrian National team

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by culf: 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
I agree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by 77star: 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
Well done

2 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Stallion93(m): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Lol! E go shock am

4 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by lekki1444: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
grin yeah nigga fu-ck england. its overrated piece of shit

26 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by omodaamola: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
And he said, he picks Nigeria over England grin grin grin

Meanwhile, we still need distributors Nationwide, check my signature/bio/profile for details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Bampeh: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Very Funny!
Who is Ola trying to deceive? No space for you in the English national team, not even a bench can be reserved for you in their 3rd reserved team.

Nigeria picked you and we are glad that you're grateful.

bampeh is right

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by BF69BF: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
I'm happy for him. Who Nigeria help?

Agbolahor plays I think only one game for the English national team and collecting mad benefits after retiring. They're paying him in thousands.

I ask again, who Nigeria help?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Otaiky(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Had it being u no how corrupt the country is. u won't have do that
Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by bignero: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Yimu

John fashanu is still collecting pension from a few minutes playing for England years ago...

Am African and proud, but you choose the most backwards African nation that doesn't have basic amenities and your proud.. Keep deceiving you

12 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by The5DME(m): 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Who cares?

6 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hope it wont end in premium tears ooh ?
Victor moses rite now belike shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by ImpregnaTor(m): 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
this one doesn't know what he's into yet

e go clear for him eye soon that he's serving a failed state

2 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Millimann: 2:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Before nko?

If he chose England, he wouldn't even make the bench.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Angelfrost(m): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
Leave Naija matter abeg... Focus on helping keep your club from a looming relegation. That would be the real achievement.

4 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by blackpanda: 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
Gbam!

Wisdom de your head my dear

1 Like

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by bigdammyj: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Noted
Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by BF69BF: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ader0gb:
Who you wan bench for England?

Not making England's team is still better than choosing Nigeria. I'm happy for him.

At least when he retires from national duty they'll not be paying him N5,000

Or doing advert for bet companies

Or protesting to get his benefits

Or dying and FG paying his mama N11,000 annually.

16 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Bustincole(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
I pray Tammy and co won regret their actions

Kudos to u O.Aina

7 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by blackpanda: 2:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Angelfrost:
Leave Naija matter abeg... Focus on helping keep your club from a looming relegation. That would be the real achievement.

You nko? Wetin u achieve

Smh

10 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
who you for bench for england

4 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by flexyrule(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
Lol
Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Julianaa: 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
You will be remembered when you retire

Ask Messi why he didn't play for spain

8 Likes

Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by Benyork4(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good one... No be small thing. Life works for anyone anywhere, it's all about being in the right position
Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by lurrysinclair: 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Cool! I like it
Re: Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England by BlessedNuel: 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Life is full of choices...you are the sailor of your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1XBET Is Scam / EPL: James To Leave Man Utd After Ronaldo’s Arrival / UFC: Conor Mcgregor Injures Ankle, Poirier Wins UFC 264 Showdown (Graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.