Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

But Was It Really Free And Fair? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / But Was It Really Free And Fair? (708 Views)

Jega Says That Elections In Rivers State Were Credible, Free And Fair Despite .. / How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness / Buhari Likely To Win Under Free And Fair Election - John Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Was It Really Free And Fair? by NDelta(m): 3:31am On Apr 17, 2011
The election is now over and like I predicted Jonathan has emerged as the president elect. But was it really free and fair?
Reports have it that in most major cities where there are observers the election was free and fair but in all or most rural areas the election was rigged for PDP in the south and CPC in the north. So fellow Nigerians can you please rate the election in percentage in terms of the transparency. I give the election a 52% pass mark. What do you think?
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 17, 2011
eh, no be nigeria?

i wasnt expecting any miracle.
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by dayokanu(m): 3:38am On Apr 17, 2011
Like 31%
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by EzeUche(m): 3:40am On Apr 17, 2011
It wasn't fair, because look at how young Northerners were voting. Something needs to be done about that situation.
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by efisher(m): 3:49am On Apr 17, 2011
It was partly free but mostly fair. Why do I say so? Partly free because in a significant number of places (esp the extremities), there was voter intimidation. It was fair because, in more controlled areas the votes expressed the final picture of the result. That includes areas like in the SW and Abuja where there was minimal irregularity. In the more compromised areas (NW & SS), each one outsmarted the other! So total valid and legal votes for PDP remains higher than that of CPC. For every underage vote, there is an equal and opposite over-print vote. cool Mind you, many of Buhari strongholds also witnessed inflation of figures. Lol.
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by AljUche: 3:50am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

It wasn't fair, because look at how young Northerners were voting. Something needs to be done about that situation.

yes that is right but i bet there were underage southerners as well

but something needs to be done about it
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by kcjazz(m): 3:50am On Apr 17, 2011
Compared to 2007 elections 70% (yeah it was that bad in 07) grin

Compared to how elections ought to be done per amout spent 40%
But hopefully we can improve logistics, operations and voter privacy/security
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by NDelta(m): 4:43am On Apr 17, 2011
Then we should start waiting for the US AND EUROPE sanctions. Who knows they may even invade the Country
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by OmoTier1(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2011
A SHAME OF A NATION! IN AS MUCH AS WE SOUTHERNERS WANT OUR PERSON TO BE PRESIDENT (EVEN THOUGH SOME OF US THINK OTHERWISE) IT IS PAINFUL TO KNOW THAT WE SOUTHERNERS HAVE BY THIS MASSIVELY RIGGED ELECTION STAINED OUR REPUTATION AS FAR THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA IS CONCERNED.
IT IS MORE PAINFUL TO READ ON HERE THE COMMENTS OF FELLOW SOUTHERNERS WHO HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT EVIL DONE TODAY DOES NOT GO UNRWARDED TOMMORROW.

I FOR ONE WANTED THE BEST CANDIDATE TO WIN THROUGH A FREE, FAIR AND CREDIBLE ELECTIONS BUT AS THINGS STAND IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE HEADING FOR ANOTHER "YA'DUAR APOLOGY"

WHATEVER THE CASE, MAY GOD NOT ALLOW ME (IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE) TO REQUIRE A VISA TO ENTER KANO, KADUNA OR ABUJA!
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Dave6: 8:20am On Apr 17, 2011

Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by hoodboy(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2011
Guess it's different strokes for different folks, for me it wasn't free and fair. Ws a witness to election rigging in portharcourt. Spent some time in jail and had to be bailed with ten grand after much abeg while trying to take pictures albiet naively. Everybody has been bought over both the INEC officials, policemen, and the citizens don't care
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Sunofgod(m): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2011
hoodboy:

Guess it's different strokes for different folks, for me it wasn't free and fair. Ws a witness to election rigging in portharcourt. Spent some time in jail and had to be bailed with ten grand after much abeg while trying to take pictures albiet naively. Everybody has been bought over both the INEC officials, policemen, and the citizens don't care

Ol Boy,

Before I slap you 'nairaland style' go to bed.
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Arosa(m): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2011
more evidence of massive rigging in Naija, I cry for my country O. cry cry cry this is from a reliable source

Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by efisher(m): 10:54am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Sunofgod(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2011
Arosa:

more evidence of massive rigging in Naija, I cry for my country O.  cry cry cry this is from a reliable source

See the goat with multiple ballot papers - cheesy
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2011
Jonathan is a two faced hypocrite. He said on air no one should rig for him but turned around to fund the biggest rigging i've ever witnessed. In parts of my town in delta state, as much as 3k was being given out. Anyways, thats not where the real rigging took place. For the first time, i'm hearing the term ballot stuffing. The rural areas really had magic going on there. This country is finished. The only thing preventing the military from taking over is the money they're making. This kleptocracy has come to stay.
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by olabukola: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2011
@ Arosa,

The arm and finger can never be for an under aged girl. The goat is doing his civic duty. Very patriotic i must say.

who did "it" vote for?
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by spoOne: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2011
Free and Fair enough. . . at least at this stage of democratic polity in Nigeria. The question should be is it better than last general election? I would say yes. . . so that's progressive.
Re: But Was It Really Free And Fair? by Arosa(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2011
olabukola:

@ Arosa,

The arm and finger can never be for an under aged girl. The goat is doing his civic duty. Very patriotic i must say.

who did "it" vote for?
That is a hard one, because there is no close up view, we can't tell which party it voted for. But further investigation is needed on this matter.

(1) (Reply)

Henry101 Where Art Thou / Ngige's Victory,my Happiest 2011 Election Results. / The Real Heroes Of The 2011 Elections In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.