Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (13673 Views)

Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses / Re: SE/Igbo Contribution To Nigeria’s Economy is Greatest. See how / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 5:34am On Apr 17, 2011
I remember a time, when people would say that the SE and the SS would never unite politically. But it would seem that the SE has been able to bury old animosities and get behind a minority from the Niger Delta.

The Ndigbo should be commended for supporting an Ijaw man. Especially, when the Igbo and the Ijaw have not seen eye to eye in the past. This is one small step in healing the old wounds that existed between these two great people.

And I see a brighter future for the Niger Delta and Nigeria in general.

Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 5:40am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Jakumo(m): 6:02am On Apr 17, 2011
Nwannem Uche, I join you in celebration, and offer accolades to the Ndiigbo nation for doing the RIGHT thing when the chips were down.

History will remember this glorious day, sir, and the best is yet to come with Johnny Goodluck steadfast at the helm where he rightfully belongs.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Nchara: 6:07am On Apr 17, 2011
Yeah! New dawn for GEJ and Naija
Buhari ko, Ribadu ni
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by gidson12(m): 8:16am On Apr 17, 2011
buhari and ribadu my asss, its time for SS and SS it shall be, thanks to SE for the support
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 8:18am On Apr 17, 2011
gidson12:

buhari and ribadu my asss, its time for SS and SS it shall be, thanks to SE for the support

Your welcome. The SE enjoys helping our brothers and sisters in the SS. You all deserved this chance.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by kasiem(m): 9:09am On Apr 17, 2011
For once the SSers have realised that igbos remains the only helping hands for them in their times of tribulation. I'm still waiting 4 edwin clark's apology
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2011
kasiem:

For once the SSers have realised that igbos remains the only helping hands for them in their times of tribulation. I'm still waiting 4 edwin clark's apology

Once Edwin Clark apologizes, then there shall be peace.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ChinenyeN(m): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2011
. . commended for supporting an Ijo; the same Ijo that, not too long ago, you were advocating for their complete and utter absorption or annihilation. . .
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2011
ChinenyeN:

. . commended for supporting an Ijo; the same Ijo that, not too long ago, you were advocating for their complete and utter absorption or annihilation. . .  

Of course, those words were used out of context my brother. I have always loved the Ijaw though. They at times upsetted me, but those days are in the past. I am looking for a brighter future of peace and prosperity amongst our brothers and sisters in the Niger Delta.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ChinenyeN(m): 9:23am On Apr 17, 2011
Sure man.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by OmoTier1(m): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

Of course, those words were used out of context my brother. I have always loved the Ijaw though. They at times upsetted me, but those days are in the past. I am looking for a brighter future of peace and prosperity amongst our brothers and sisters in the Niger Delta.
This is why IGBOS are regarded as the outcast of Nigeria 'cos of thier cunninness. The only reason they rigged votes enblock for PDP is 'cos they think they will be given the Presidency come 2015 but I feel so sorry for them that they have been deceived again as they have always been
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by saintneo(m): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2011
New Nigeria is what we deserve! A progressive evolution of our country!

I hope the new government will work towards making a positive Nigeria.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by houvest: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

Thanks Ezeuche for this. I plead with you to be steadfast on this stand and not backslide again soon.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by houvest: 10:20am On Apr 17, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

This is why IGBOS are regarded as the outcast of Nigeria 'cos of thier cunninness. The onlybreason they rigged votes enblock for PDP is 'cos they think they will be given the Presidency come 2015 but I feel so sorry for them that they have been deceived again as they have always being.

Are such derogations still allowed on NL. I thought the place had been sanitised.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by switch47(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2011
Jonathan is the man!!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by semid4lyfe(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2011
Thanks to EzeUche and all N'digbo peeps for voting overwhelmingly for Uncle Jo

The S. South and S. East will do great things together

One luv kiss
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by londoner: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2011
Igbo's from the outset have been quite vocal about their support for GEJ (not really PDP specifically), so why the accusations of rigging etc due to the level of voting for GEJ?, Were we really expecting it to be a close call between GEJ and Buhari or Ribadu in the eastern states?

Its not even about those who wrongly and without permission presented themselves as the representatives of the Igbo's, but also individual Igbos who overwhelmingly support GEJ.

If the Igbo voters are not alleging or complaining that they voted widely for CPC and ACN and those votes have not been counted, then it is safe to say that the outcome actually reflected how people voted.

As long as this is the case, no-one has the right to take issue. Each man/woman had their vote and it is that individual who has the right to use that vote as they wish.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by AndreUweh(m): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2011
@Houvest. A million thanks to you for all your support to the realisation of this dream from day one.
Thanks a lot to other Umuigbo here in nairaland who were not cowed but were strong in their support for GEJ.
UDEZUE
NCHARA
ONLY TRUTH, onye ana aka uka ya na Nnewi.
EZEAGU.
EZEUCHE
BANOM
CHYZ
AFAM,etc.
May the peace of our Lord be with you all.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by naso2(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2011
AS AN IJAWMAN I PROSTRATE TO SAY AN UNRESERVED thank you to our Igbo brothers, by the grace of God the cracks in our wall, due to the happenings of the past will be mended in the next four years.

After voting i went back to witness the counting of votes but was not just surprised by the overwhelming igbo presence there, but was almost moved to tears when one of them told me he was actually the coordinator sent by ohaneze to record all votes and return back. Sincerely we cant thank you guys enough. The reconcilliation process may not be so smooth be by HIS grace we will get there.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by dayokanu(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2011
I thought the SE and SS were also united in their support for OBJ

So this isnt the first time
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by AndreUweh(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2011
dayokanu:

I thought the SE and SS were also united in their support for OBJ

So this isnt the first time
Ndigbo voted for Ekwueme at the PDP primaries not OBJ. Then in the actual election it was Ojukwu who came third .
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by houvest: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2011
@ Andre. You are welcome. You are the man in spite of  many insults from naysayers you stood unwavering like the Iroko. We look forward to achieving the Nigeria of our dreams ably driven by Zik Jonathan.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by spoOne: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2011
They voted for the perceived best presidential candidate - they should be commended for carrying out their civil duties, like every other Nigerian that voted in this general election.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Sunofgod(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2011
Let the games work begin,

Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by DisGuy: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2011
commended by who?

the proof will be in the pudding everything will discombobulated after this election, gej will have a massive debt to thousands of interest group and guess who will be left out cold when it hits the fan, anyway the shout of marginalisation is never far from ezechukwu and co

when the title is on teh other hand then you will know who they will support
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by houvest: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2011
na_so:

AS AN IJAWMAN I PROSTRATE TO SAY AN UNRESERVED thank you to our Igbo brothers, by the grace of God the cracks in our wall, due to the happenings of the past will be mended in the next four years.

After voting i went back to witness the counting of votes but was not just surprised by the overwhelming igbo presence there, but was almost moved to tears when one of them told me he was actually the coordinator sent by ohaneze to record all votes and return back. Sincerely we cant thank you guys enough. The reconcilliation process may not be so smooth be by HIS grace we will get there.

Ndigbo were given a tough choice but I am happy that it came at a time they had a vissionary Ohaneze leadership that led them to be magnanimous and make the required sacrifice. To the surprise of many who had always banked on Igbo disunity, they united and responded to the leadership of Ohaneze without any reservation. It is really a virtuos and humble thing Ndigbo did throwing their lot behind a younger brother that had not been that gracious in the past. I believe God will reward their humility and graciousness even if GEJ does not win( even though that is unlikely) or even if the Ijaws and other S Southerners do not reciprocate or Nigeria does not respond. To do the right thing will always stand the test of time. The SW seemed to have realised it at the 11th hour and did come round. They also should be commended because it is better late than never.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by AndreUweh(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2011
houvest:

Ndigbo were given a tough choice but I am happy that it came at a time they had a vissionary Ohaneze leadership that led them to be magnanimous and make the required sacrifice. To the surprise of many who had always banked on Igbo disunity, they united and responded to the leadership of Ohaneze without any reservation. It is really a virtuos and humble thing Ndigbo did throwing their lot behind a younger brother that had not been that gracious in the past. I believe God will reward their humility and graciousness even if GEJ does not win( even though that is unlikely) or even if the Ijaws and other S Southerners do not reciprocate or Nigeria does not respond. To do the right thing will always stand the test of time. The SW seemed to have realised it at the 11th hour and did come round. They also should be commended because it is better late than never.
Thanks.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by DisGuy: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2011
Ndigbo were given a tough choice

tough choice?? 2 Northerners and a dummy that will drop cheque at the first sign of opposition, or wont disturb anyone stealing from the kitty

abegi
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Pataki: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2011
Of course, commended by a fellow Igbo brother.

The ridiculous things you people spew these days.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by ZE: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2011
This entity called N-I-G-E-R-I-A is becoming interesting,

Them go hia nwiiii
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Remii(m): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
Dis Guy:

tough choice?? 2 Northerners and a dummy that will drop cheque at the first sign of opposition, or wont disturb anyone stealing from the kitty

abegi

you no weak for these kind of people, Nigerians want a change by entrenching same people in power. Americans wanted a change they voted Obama, the least expected man from unexpected race to lead them because they are able to see beyond any bigots, all they saw was solution to their problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? / Abuja Court Sentences Lebanese To Life Imprisonment For Terrorism / FG, South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To Unity, Stability Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.