Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (13683 Views)

Why Buhari Should Be Commended For Amending The Budget to suit the masses / Re: SE/Igbo Contribution To Nigeria’s Economy is Greatest. See how / PDP Chieftain Stripped Unclad For Supporting APC Candidate In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
justinelov:

Well, as an Igbo I voted for a better candidate. If there had been a better candidate I would have voted the person. Ribadu is good but I know he wont win because the average Hausa man wont vote him since there is a Buhari in the race. Shekaru going by what I know of him before he came into politics would have been my second choice all these is if there is no GEJ. I did not vote for GEJ for tribal reasons even though it played some part in my decision. But just like every other Igboman that voted for GEJ, we have seen the Northerners rule for over 35years with nothing to show for it only retrogression. You people keep talking of PDP's 12 YEARS, before then were was Nigeria as nation? The cabal from the north held us to ransom. We were practically chased out of the committee of nations. But with the so called HATED PDP things began to turn around at least a little. With GEJ in the past 11 months things began  to look up a little.
Then you want us to go back to that era were, if you are not a northerner living in the north you are treated like a second class citizen.

I hate to break it to you but you did vote mainly for tribal reasons

a) Goodluck was not the best candidate on the list -- For progress/development, you name it --- he was among the worst on the list given his own 12 year record in politics

b) Also, your statements below

justinelov:
But just like every other Igboman that voted for GEJ, we have seen the Northerners rule for over 35years with nothing to show for it only retrogression. You people keep talking of PDP's 12 YEARS, before then were was Nigeria as nation? The cabal from the north held us to ransom.
And

justinelov:
With GEJ in the past 11 months things began  to look up a little.Then you want us to go back to that era were, if you are not a northerner living in the north you are treated like a second class citizen.

Betray you . . .

The things you claim has been changing alittle was all thanks to Yar adua -- A NOTHERNER !!!! *** makes ghostly noises ***
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by alex101(m): 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Correction. Not all Ibos are as brain dead as @EzeUche and his ilk. I happen to be Ibo junkie . . . . Parents even fought during the civil war too. So, please, lets tone the hate down a whole lot. Not all Ibos are numskulls -- we are not all the same as the one's you meet on Nairaland or the other village champions that think making the loudest noise makes them important.

Stupid bit.c.h angry
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by hbrednic: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
CHUKWU GOZIE IGBO NIINE,
I THANK GOD THAT WE'VE DONE THE RIGHT THING BY VOTING 4 THE BEST CANDIDATE
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN AZIKIWE  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by playmode(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2011
udezue:

@Andre Uweh, Nwunne biko ka Chukwu gozie ghu. For the 1st time in Nigerian history since the civil war the Igbo not only spoke overwhelmingly with one voice but they also did so with their Eastern brothers and sisters. Even the middlebelt came along. For the 1st time we have debunked the whole myth that the Fulani are the King makers and without them no one can win. Without them we won. Now we truly know they are not as powerful as we have made them feel they are and they are not that large in population. Even with all their brothers sneaking in from Niger and Chad and their kids voting even when they were not qualified we the SE, SS, SW and Middle-belt beat them hands down to their game. This time their divide and rule tactic didn't faze anyone. I commend the SW as well. The Igbos all over the North and Middlebelt also helped slow down Buhari's victory in many states.

^^^You are talking utter rubbish,what has divide and rule got to do with crook in chief GEJ's credibility to Govern?  undecided .Many of you just think anyone who is anti GEJ is pro buhari.Now let me school you on ethics.You dont vote for a candidate because he is your brother or relative ,you vote for him because he has the best interest of the people at heart and because he is in your opinion the best candidate available for the Job.The fulani kingmaker retort is just bullcrap  cry

justinelov:

Well, as an Igbo I voted for a better candidate. If there had been a better candidate I would have voted the person. Ribadu is good but I know he wont win [/b]because the average Hausa man wont vote him since there is a Buhari in the race. Shekaru going by what I know of him before he came into politics would have been my second choice all these is if there is no GEJ. I did not vote for GEJ for tribal reasons even though it played some part in my decision. But just like every other Igboman that voted for GEJ, we have seen the Northerners rule for over 35years with nothing to show for it only retrogression. You people keep talking of PDP's 12 YEARS, before then were was Nigeria as nation? The cabal from the north held us to ransom. We were practically chased out of the committee of nations. But with the so called HATED PDP things began to turn around at least a little. [b]With GEJ in the past 11 months things began  to look up a little.
Then you want us to go back to that era were, if you are not a northerner living in the north you are treated like a second class citizen.

Now that this the Nigerian mentality that has ensured that this country remains backward for ever.Did Americans vote for Obama because they thought he would win or because they thought he will offer them real change? How can you just determine that a candidate wont win? So you are telling me that though you know Ribadu will be a better president than GEJ ,you still didn't vote for him because you thought he wont win? Instead you cast your vote for a shameless criminal who will WIN by any means necessary? undecided Nigerians never cease to amaze me.I am starting to realize why we are hated all over the world.Our way of reasoning is just unbelievable.Pray tell what PDP has done in the past 11 months to affect the lives of Nigerians positively. Stop lying to yourself brother,be a realist and realize that a vote for PDP a vote for hunger , corruption and poverty in Nigeria.

Mobinga:

This thread is disgusting.  The SE can go and phuck themselves. .

Approximately 2 million people from 1 STATE! voted for their own. Where's that much unity in the entire country? Even Fashola's people voted for someone else.

Goodluck Jonathan has delivered the freest elections in the history of this Hell Hole called Nigeria. He deserves it.

ACN is a greedy and useless party, Tinubu is a criminal and should be stoned to death. Ribadu could never have won, he was just used to reduce Buhari's votes. If the alliance had worked, we'd be talking of run offs. ACN lost a chance to get rid of PDP.

Phuck them. See you in 2015. Inshalla cool    

Freest election? Am i missing something or is it not the same election where there was massive rigging ,thumb printing e.t.c  undecided Yeah GEJ deserves it alright ,only him deserves to be the president of a nation of thieves since he is a master thief himself.Nigeria is an epic fail,copy that?
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by nusdog: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It is just a label and nothing more. As for the insecure, and deluded species that plagues Nairaland, I liken them to those deluded and insecure Americans you meet on American boards . . ,   this species exist everywhere, but you never conclude that all Americans are that way, especially when you have lived among other more reasonable, rational and kinder folks who are also americans.

And there are no such species from ngbatiland and awusaland?

Stop this ridiculous hypocrisy.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by nusdog: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2011
We all voted for a President who for the first time in Nigeria's post-ciivil war era treated us with the dignity we deserve as citizens of this country.

It has nothing to do with tribal reasons, since he's even not Igbo.

Anyone who has a problem with that can feel free to commit sui*cide.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by alex101(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
playmode:

Apologies,no offence meant to sensible Igbos like you.I just dont understand why some Igbos are shooting themselves in the foot.GEJ  presidency is bad for IGBOs ad most of them just dont see it.Many here said they voted for GEJ because he is a minority president ,what i dont understand is why they could not support Pat Utomi  who is also a minority from the beginning and strengthen his campaign.Even the dumbest Nigerian knows that Pat Utomi will be a more progressive president than GEJ.

I still maintain that ODUA leaders should contact the UN and seek a peaceful breakaway from Nigeria.If the election videos on youtube are anything to go by , Nigeria will never work.Peoples mentality is just screwed in that country.We need social discipline and we need fast.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why do you yoriburuku clowns like others to do your duties for you? Yoribus will never defend themselves against any form of aggression, but will be quick to back stab those who will. Shame no dey catch una? If you want out of 'one nigeria', start a rebellion and see if you fools will not go extinct like the dinosaurs, in just 48 hrs. The UN cannot save you, only your OPC can. shocked
Common minority Ijaw bombed Lagos, you ran to the UN to "impose sanction on Ijaw" shocked
Ijaw kidnapped your oba in ondo, you ran to EU for intervention sad
your aare onokokanfo (MKO, the war general of yoribo) was poisoned to death in prison; you went to russia for safety and peaceful retreat cry
Diya wept and you ran to mars to seek alien intervention

When are you people going to stop abdicating your responsiblities and assert yourselves, violently if need be? angry
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by playmode(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2011
nusdog:

We all voted for a President who for the first time in Nigeria's post-ciivil war era treated us with the dignity we deserve as citizens of this country.

It has nothing to do with tribal reasons, since he's even not Igbo.

Anyone who has a problem with that can feel free to commit sui*cide.

Typical Nigerian mentality,no wonder the country is still in the stone ages undecided

So by arresting opponents and using the SSS to terrorize Nigerians he has treated us with dignity.Bro go and get a brain transplant and stop feeding us your regressive ideas here.We are progressives looking for a better future for Nigeria not biscuit munching goats like you and your ilk.

alex101:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why do you yoriburuku clowns like others to do your duties for you? Yoribus will never defend themselves against any form of aggression, but will be quick to back stab those who will. Shame no dey catch una? If you want out of 'one nigeria', start a rebellion and see if you fools will not go extinct like the dinosaurs, in just 48 hrs. The UN cannot save you, only your OPC can. shocked
Common minority Ijaw bombed Lagos, you ran to the UN to "impose sanction on Ijaw" shocked
Ijaw kidnapped your oba in ondo, you ran to EU for intervention sad
your aare onokokanfo (MKO, the war general of yoribo) was poisoned to death in prison; you went to russia for safety and peaceful retreat cry
Diya wept and you ran to mars to seek alien intervention

When are you people going to stop abdicating your responsiblities and assert yourselves, violently if need be? angry

Unlike your tribe we dont use violence to solve our problems that is why we are way more intelligent that you folks.All the above you have listed are merely incidident whih are not tribaly related. Militants bombing lagos has nothing to with which tribe they are from,did they not bomb their own cities too? So what the hell are you mumbling about.I suggest you go for adult classes and learn how to counter an argument sensibly.Sudan split into two by simply voting after a referendum.If much awareness is raised and the citizens of odua back the referendum,ODUA will be a nation on it own within 12 months without a single bullet being fired.The world has changed since 1966 ,dont expect ODUA to start a civil war to seceed.We will simply ask for a referendum and if all votes in favour of it,it sai nora baby! adios amigo.We will be stuck with the likes of Fahsola, mimiko, fayemi  and co while you lot will be stuck with your thugs GEJ,sambo,atiku,sss and co  grin
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ See , I don't think like that, yet unfortunately, who knows, that dude could even be from the same 'ama' as I  . . . *** shudders***
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by paddylo1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
ITS ALL OVER FOLKS. . HA HA. . POP POP POP CHAMPAGNE. .

[size=13pt]THEWILL Projects That Goodluck Jonathan Will Win Presidential Election[/size]
Font size: THEWILL. 17/04/2011 07:03:00

PROJECTED WINNER OF NIGERIA'S APRIL 16, 2011, PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, INCUMBENT PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, (THEWILL) – [size=13pt]With almost 36 states reporting their results for the 2011 Presidential election, THEWILL can conveniently project that incumbent President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will win the Presidential election defeating his closest rival, General Muhammadu Buhari of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).[/size]

THEWILL’s projection was made following exit poll numbers from the election with more emphasis on the core northern states where the CPC candidate has his strongest support. With the results from Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kaduna, Zamfara and Kebbi already in, General Buhari has been unable to erase the massive deficit handed him in the South South, South West, and Middle Belt, where he was unable to win a single state.

With results from Yobe, Kebbi, Niger, and Borno still being expected from the core north base of Buhari, even if he wins 90 percent of the votes, he still has a huge deficit to deal with.

[size=13pt]However, President Goodluck Jonathan from the exit poll figures available to THEWILL, won in the entire South except in Osun State, where the Action Congress of Nigeria candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, scored his only victory.

Goodluck Jonathan also won in two northern states; Kwara and Adamawa; and the Middle Beltan states of Taraba, Plateau, and Benue as at press time, plus scoring the highest number of votes cast in the election.

Dr. Jonathan also easily fulfilled the mandatory 25 percent of the votes in 2/3 of the states of the federation as required by the constitution
[/size]

Voting in the election was however done along ethnic and religious lines as voters from the predominantly north voted for Muhammadu Buhari, a retired army General and Muslim, while the predominantly south voted for Goodluck Jonathan, a Christian from the oil rich Niger Delta area.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/8256-THEWILL-Projects-That-Goodluck-Jonathan-Will-Win-Presidential-Election.html
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
nusdog:

You see thats the difference. You are Ibo, we are Igbos. And we come from different ethnic groups.

Thank you my brother. I am Igbo, she is Ibo so we are different, entirely different ethnic groups.

Did anyone notice the very low votes in the SW? Because their own wasn't running, I wouldn't be surprise that the majority of those that voted PDP in the SW were Igbos.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by udezue(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
Playmode, man go and hug a transformer if it pains u so much but GEJ is here to stay. As for Odua and SS-SE going to hell and taking their oil with them, the last time I checked we lost over a million lives fighting to just do that while ur father Awolowo, Adekunle, etc fought tooth and nail against it. Sorry but u keep talking trash and SS and SE might just force u back into Nigeria just for the hell of it so shut up.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Mobinga: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2011
Playmode. Nigeria is an epic fail? Thanks for stating the obvious. You should be killed with immediate effect, Nigeria is showing signs of coming out of hell and you sit on your system in South Africa and post comments against it?

Northerners voted for Buhari.
Southerners, westerners and easterners voted for Jonathan. Simple. The peoples choice.

Why didn't your greedy odua people spring up a phucking ALLIANCE? Shithead.
They screwed up. Goodluck won. The same man who ensured free and fair elections and said he'd step down peacefully if he'd lost. He appointed a man who he had never met! You are a dunce with all due respect.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2011
Mobinga:

That is not true . . . !!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by farolee(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2011
Very very, Shallow it doesn't have 2 be an ibo man,hausa man or yoruba man,but men that are intelligent enough to give at least basic things of life.can Gej give us.ain't u sick of bad roads,not to talk of power.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by sbeezy8: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

Thank you my brother. I am Igbo, she is Ibo so we are different, entirely different ethnic groups.

Did anyone notice the very low votes in the SW? Because their own wasn't running, I wouldn't be surprise that the majority of those that voted PDP in the SW were Igbos.

and obj too aswell as gbenga daniels mimiko  etc ode!

my parents/uncle voted for GEJ maybe theyre igbo too fooll
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by HARDDICK(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2011
I do not know that NAIRALAND was part of INEC to annouce result
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

and obj too aswell as gbenga daniels mimiko  etc ode!

my parents/uncle voted for GEJ maybe theyre igbo too fooll

I said majority, i didn't say all. Odeyoruba.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
Example:

Oyo state

Registered voters of 2,680,635

900,739 total votes cast

PDP: 484,758
ACN: 252,240
CPC:92,396
ANPP: 7,156
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by sbeezy8: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ YOU FORGOT IGBOS ARE 60% OF EKITI, 79% OF ONDO

ODE!
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^

Odeyoruba, who said that?
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
Stop this ethnocentric attitude all of you. It is nothing but ethnocenticism and that is the quality of people who do not address issue because they cannot think. They do not know you whatever your point is. Stop this nonsense.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by scholes0(m): 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
This thread should be locked up. and thrown into a bottomless pit///
Who cares if The man in power is a Calabari, Gokana, or Igbira man, as long as he is good for the Job,
This thread Oozes if Inferiority complex, and it is very obvious, Because I wouldnt know why anyone would open a thread, just to say Igbos voten Jonathan, as if we didnt know they will b4 sad
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by paulyjah(m): 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
It has come n gone my lovely pple,lets just wait for the final result from d INEC boss. All i can say is that the election was free,fair,credible n transparency.
I wish the winner the best.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by nusdog: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

Example:

Oyo state

Registered voters of 2,680,635

900,739 total votes cast

PDP: 484,758
ACN: 252,240
CPC:92,396
ANPP: 7,156

Just wondering, what happened to the remaining 1.8 million registered voters in the state?

Were they not aware of an election going on? angry
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
nusdog:

Just wondering, what happened to the remaining 1.8 million registered voters in the state?

Were they not aware of an election going on? angry

They did not vote because no Yoruba man was running for President.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by nusdog: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

They did not vote because no Yoruba man was running for President.

And some people come here to accuse Igbos of bigotry?
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by Obiagu1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
Don't mind them, the trend is the same in the whole SW

Evidence
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
Why the hostility? People have often stated that the SE would never vote for someone from the SS. However, we showed everyone that we could have a united political front. This is a step in the right direction for healing old wounds.

I love my brothers in the SS. The Ijaw, the Ibibio, the Ogoni, the Urhobo, the Itsekiri and anyone else I have forgotten. It was about time we seen someone who hails from the Niger Delta win the presidency.

President Goodluck Jonathan! I support you!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=424592;type=avatar[/img]
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by stildude(m): 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
For real, the igbos deserve to be patted at the back. They were the ultimate equalizer in the scheme of things.
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by playmode(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
udezue:

Playmode, man go and[b] hug a transformer[/b] if it pains u so much but GEJ is here to stay. As for Odua and SS-SE going to hell and taking their oil with them, the last time I checked we lost over a million lives fighting to just do that while your father Awolowo, Adekunle, etc fought tooth and nail against it. Sorry but u keep talking trash and SS and SE might just force u back into Nigeria just for the hell of it so shut up.   

Jeez can't you people be original for once? Do you always have to appear as stupid as your boss GEJ? Every time you douchebags keep repeating the same phrase like a broken record "go hug a transformer".Use your initiatvie and come up with something fresh for a change,then again one shouldn't much from a dummy who voted for another dummy  grin .Read my peace hoodrat ,does the word peaceful breakaway mean anything to you? or do i need to pay for your evening classes so you can be re-taught simple English words?

Mobinga:

Playmode. Nigeria is an epic fail? Thanks for stating the obvious. You should be killed with immediate effect, Nigeria is showing signs of coming out of hell and you sit on your system in South Africa and post comments against it?

Southerners, westerners and easterners voted for Jonathan. Simple. The peoples choice.

Why didn't your greedy odua people spring up a phucking ALLIANCE? Shithead.
They screwed up. Goodluck won. The same man who ensured free and fair elections and said he'd step down peacefully if he'd lost. He appointed a man who he had never met! You are a dunce with all due respect.   

Hey dumbazz,trust me you don't want to use the word kill with me! We are having an argument and you are demanding for my assassination,are you high? Typical rural igbo,you can't have a civilized conversation without resulting to violence.This is a civilized argument not cutlass contest.By the way what is your beef with South Africa,why do inferiorly complexed fools like you always have to drag my location into an argument.Common grow up and stop acting like a child who just pooped in his pampers. Ochu run negi tomatoes! angry
Re: The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ by EzeUche(m): 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
Igbos championing the minority cause!  smiley

Any person, no matter his ethnicity, should have a chance becoming of president.

Maybe the next person should be Ibibio, Edo, Urhobo or even Tiv and Idoma!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island / Muslim And Christian Girls Stand-against Violence In Jos / Buhari Inaugurates Presidential Committee On North East Initiative (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.