Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board (24621 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial Gyrations Fail To Inspire By Punch Editorial Board / Buhari Lays ‘booby Traps’ For Incoming Government; By Punch Editorial Board / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2021
If you want to send your child to a Christian school/Muslim school, then adhere to their rules. It's not for them to bend to suit your religion. You can't keep to the rules in the school then move your child elsewhere.

Using government 'connections' to arm twist school.ls. that's nonsense. There's always an agenda with this religion of peace.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by kokomilala(m): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2021
@VeeVeeMyLuv, I think the odds do not favour them.In terms of capacity,the North is light years behind the South, particularly,the South West.How are they gonna bridge this gap in.a very short time after break up is a big ask.But what I foresee ,in the North, after the dissolution ,is a very failed state that will easily be overrun by terrorists.And, we're likey going see a deluge or exodus of economic immigrants from the North flooding the Southern States.They already have a premonition of this once the South West showed the intent of a secession. That's why they're running scared,pissing their pants.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by ransomed: 10:12am On Mar 31, 2021
Boko Haram has been using Hijab as a covering for bombings. The lawbreakers want to put stamp of approval on it to be used on larger scale.
Suicide bombers will have an easy mission to kill more innocent souls.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by charlesucheh(m): 10:15am On Mar 31, 2021
part of the jihadists Move.
But they will end up causing a WAR.
I dislike people wearing HIJAB, talk more of my children wearing!

over my dead body!
we go kukuma kill ourselves..

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2021
tonididdy:

I attended a private school in which every school gathering was opened and closed with praise and worship, prayers and Bible teachings.

My best friend in same school was from a hardened Muslim family as a matter of fact his name was Mohammed.

During this 'Christian themed school activities', he would just stand ignorantly amoungs us just to obey school protocols, sometimes he purposely came late to school to avoid these gatherings . He closed his eyes during prayers and sometimes clapped to the rhythm of Christian songs even though I knew 100% then he didn't know shit what he was doing.

He was one of many Muslims in the school.

So it's all an option.

But any discriminations he faced then were totally at his own (family) doing.

The binding factor should be PEACE and LOVE... All religious sentiments aside.

You are very naive, we don't have to be unequally yoked just to prove peace and love

I can relate peace and love to you, you don't need to be on my throat to do that just like your Muslim friend felt akward where he doesn't belong.

Muslims are territorial by nature, you need to secure your space and meet them at a mutual end, you don't need to bring them to your space to prove love

This is history that has happened over and over again, Muslims schools don't tolerate what Christian schools does

At the end you bring them in it is either you stop your own Christian culture for them, or you begin to share it with them before they finally erase yours

I don't know why you people never learn, if a school is termed Christian school, it should be Christian private school

If you don't want it you go to government school for all, if that isn't ok you go to Islamic school, their are also private schools for all if it's quality that's the excuse

What is the obsession with Christian School both government and private

The house of rep is using the Christian south south oil to fund their stupidity for hijab but are keeping zamfara gold for Muslim bandits

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by advanceDNA: 10:16am On Mar 31, 2021
Tomilola360:
Why should anyone be stopped from wearing hijab na!

No one is being stopped from putting on provocative wears.

Provocative wears... in which primary or secondary school??
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by onuman: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2021
adenigga:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/house-of-reps-provocative-hijab-bill/%3famp

Hijab has become a celebrity in Nigeria while education took a nosedive to insignificance. After 1999 when the former governor of Zamfara state, Sani Yerima, introduced Islamic Sharia criminal laws into the 12 northern sharia states, Boko Haram emerged and says that it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal justice system.

Rate of Western Education, especially in the northern sharia states, started to plummet.
Nigeria universities have been closed for about a year recently due to stage-managed labor disputes. Western Education is Haram.

Nigeria’s president has been at the forefront of drive for Islamic Sharia criminal justice system be used all over Nigeria.

A BBC female Reporter asked then governor Sani Yerima if he did not see the possibility of breakup of Nigeria because of his introduction of Sharia criminal laws.

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by advanceDNA: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2021
MicDino:

I support this...All faiths and non-faiths should be treated equally. There are good reasons for wearing school uniforms. School uniforms nourish a sense of equality and promote a feeling of community. There is also a longstanding aversion to public expressions of faith in schools.

The rational approach is to return these schools to the missions that established them originally. Additionally, students who attend a school belonging to a particular faith should abide by the uniform code of that school, no matter their own faith.[color=#006600][/color]...

This is what I’ve been saying...but none of these reps or leaders are addressing the issue from this angle...it doesn’t matter what religion you are...every child should abide by the dress code of the school.... no one should wear hijab, wear rosary on their neck or any other addition that alters the uniform system...this shouldn’t be too hard too understand....
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Islam is a plague upon the face of the earth.

It's like a virus spreading it's deadly tentacles, infecting everyone it touches with ignorance, barbarism, hate, intolerance and love for violence.

Any country that wants to know peace should outlaw Islam, that is, if you don't want to know the peace of the graveyard.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by tonididdy(m): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Mikecold:
You are very naive, we don't have to be unequally yoked just to prove peace and love

I can relate peace and love to you, you don't need to be on my throat to do that just like your Muslim friend felt akward where he doesn't belong.

Muslims are territorial by nature, you need to secure your space and meet them at a mutual end, you don't need to bring them to your space to prove love

This is history that has happened over and over again, Muslims schools don't tolerate what Christian schools does

At the end you bring them in it is either you stop your own Christian culture for them, or you begin to share it with them before they finally erase yours

I don't know why you people never learn, if a school is termed Christian school, it should be Christian private school

If you don't want it you go to government school for all, if that isn't ok you go to Islamic school, their are also private schools for all if it's quality that's the excuse

What is the obsession with Christian School both government and private
Bro we are almost on same page but unlike you, you don't want to mix with em at all.
Am not a fan of Islam but maybe we should take a different approach from the discrimination tactics we've being using.
How about growing a younger generation to put love &peace first before religion and tribe.

Every setbacks we are suffering as a country now is because of religious, geographical and tribal sentiments.

Like I earlier pointed it should be a matter of choice of which both religious parents know the possible consequences. So it's stick to your muslin school for Muslims or take the risk. All options.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by mywells: 10:26am On Mar 31, 2021
majority of this reps are islamabad,in the left side of their brain theres nothing right,in the right side of their brain theres nothing left.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by khalids: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2021
The earlier we separate state and religion the better....

Practise religion in your home.....once you enter the public domain put it in your pocket.

By the way, do they realize there are people who are a traditionalist and also people who are Atheist....
If they also come up and start making demands then everything goes into chaos....

If you want to wear hijab...then build yourself a Muslim only school...but note that such things will only continue to breed division in the Nation

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by proprince(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2021
They will not succeed.

If it continues like this, they'll see the other side of God.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by tutudesz: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2021
wink2015:

You have just brought the TRADITIONALIST into the equation.

Then there will be no end to all this crisis.

Why can't the house of reps member think of other productive things to do with the opportunity given to them by their constituency.

That why religion is a complicated issue that should be left alone, freedom of religion is already in the Constitution. So no need of creating a bill to favour one religion over another, when there thousands of religion.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2021
tonididdy:

Bro we are almost on same page but unlike you, you don't want to mix with em at all.
Am not a fan of Islam but maybe we should take a different approach from the discrimination tactics we've being using.
How about growing a younger generation to put love &peace first before religion and tribe.

Every setbacks we are suffering as a country now is because of religious, geographical and tribal sentiments.

Like I earlier pointed it should be a matter of choice of which both religious parents know the possible consequences. So it's stick to your muslin school for Muslims or take the risk. All options.

Even in the USA and UK you still find conservative who want the statos quo to remain.

They win elections and referendum, we don't need to throw our values because we want to be seen as more liberal than the liberal countries

Especially when you dealing with Muslims, they are expantionists, i don't hate people but i attended a private school that had Muslims in my primary (it was open to Muslims) then i attended a private secondary school of a church it was only for Christian's (i found more sanity there because i felt not just at home but got sound Christian values)

I can't imagine seeing hijabis in that school now all in the name of accommodation, it doesn't just look like a lack of privacy on our Christian school space, but the fact we also would have to innoculcate muslim believes and practices to go with it.

I am yet to see anywhere Muslims are been given same privilege to co exist with Christian's and they don't take over by force when they get just 60% majority

Why is it always about Christian's tolerating when the Muslims dont
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Yankee101: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2021
Use your money and build schools

Christians keep giving and keep getting richer. Most of the charities and NGOs in borno and Northern nigeria are Christian money.

Proverbs 11:24

One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2021
THIS ADMINISTRATION IS HELL SENT AND WILL BE COUNTERED SOME WAY.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by olisaEze(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2021
Do you think the problem of our declining standards in education in the country is a piece of headgear?

The places were hijab is a standard mode of dressing, what is the quality of their results in WASSCE?

If the House accedes to this, then the terrorism of the North has once again conquered the constitution. And the country has gone one step backwards to Islamization!

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by preshyusufu: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2021
WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY? IS NIGERIA NOW AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY. WHY HIJAB NOW A NATIONAL ISSUE. HIJAB IS NOT OUR CULTURE, IT JUST AN ISLAMIC CULTURE, WHY MUST ALL ACCEPT IT, EVEN IN CHRISTIAN OWN SCHOOL.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Pacesetter123(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2021
Quitam:
Mtwwww. What an uninformed editorial! Why should a major national daily be voicing out such divisive comments?
First of all, the bill is an all encompassing one, it can be in favor of all religions. But it's mind boggling how Punch decided to turn it to a hijab issue. Nobody is forcing anyone to wear the hijab. It is absurd why many Nigerian christians are so obsessed about it, when their brothers/sisters in faith don't give a damn about such issues
They are doing their job of informing and educating the people.Why should government be so concerned about religion to the extent of devoting or wanting to devote such quality time in debating on trashy matter like wearing of hijab to schools? Kudos to punch for revealing this early!
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by onoms4luv(m): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2021
ProMaxe:
So, Shell Petroleum is out with an exclusive information..

It's a clause within the PIB Bill that is aimed at granting Dangote the sole right to export crude out of the Country... Imagine. Time for another protest Nigerians. Spread the word.

Post this information on your timeline across all your social media handles to sensitive and inform people........ Let's kill this bill before it sees the light of the day..

kill what bill, if I may asked??.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by tonididdy(m): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2021
Mikecold:
Even in the USA and UK you still find conservative who want the statos quo to remain.

They win elections and referendum, we don't need to throw our values because we want to be seen as more liberal than the liberal countries

Especially when you dealing with Muslims, they are expantionists, i don't hate people but i attended a private school that had Muslims in my primary (it was open to Muslims) then i attended a private secondary school of a church it was only for Christian's (i found more sanity there because i felt not just at home but got sound Christian values)

I can't imagine seeing hijabis in that school now all in the name of accommodation, it doesn't just look like a lack of privacy on our Christian school space, but the fact we also would have to innoculcate muslim believes and practices to go with it.

I am yet to see anywhere Muslims are been given same privilege to co exist with Christian's and they don't take over by force when they get just 60% majority

Why is it always about Christian's tolerating when the Muslims dont
If as a Muslim parent, your kid return from the Christian School everyday with bruises and tales of serial bullying.

What would be your next action?

So leave them to come.
A word they say is enough for the wise

We all know, no Christian in his right senses will send his ward to a Muslim school.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by LordOfTheGame: 10:58am On Mar 31, 2021
I will continue to say it without apologies and any Islamic fundamentalist mod who feels threatened can ban his life, I don't care.

ISLAM IS A RELIGION THAT DETIVES JOY ID VIOLENCE AND BLOODDHED.

ISLAM IS A PROBLEM TO THE WHOLE WORLD AND MUST BE ERADICATED BY ALL MEANS SO THAT HUMANS CAN EXPERIENCE REAL PEACE.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT GOOD ISLAM HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESS OF HUMANITY IF NOT MISERY AND PAINS?

NIGERIA AS AN EXAMPLE, HAVEN PRODUCED MAJORITY OF HER LEADERS AS MUSLIMS, WHAT DEVELOPMENTS HAVE WE EXPERIENCED IF NOT REGRESSION IN ALL FACETS OF NATIONAL LIFE.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO DIVIDE THE COUNTRY LET EVERYONE GO THEIR SEPARATE WAYS.

4 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by maduka87(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2021
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Emerie22(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2021
Quitam:
Mtwwww. What an uninformed editorial! Why should a major national daily be voicing out such divisive comments?
First of all, the bill is an all encompassing one, it can be in favor of all religions. But it's mind boggling how Punch decided to turn it to a hijab issue. Nobody is forcing anyone to wear the hijab. It is absurd why many Nigerian christians are so obsessed about it, when their brothers/sisters in faith don't give a damn about such issues

I disagree with you.
They want to impose it on Christian Missionaries and private Schools. Bet me it won't work.
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2021
tonididdy:

If as a Muslim parent, your kid return from the Christian School everyday with bruises and tales of serial bullying.

What would be your next action?

So leave them to come.
A word they say is enough for the wise

We all know, no Christian in his right senses will send his ward to a Muslim school.
let them not come at all, everyone should stay in his territory like it was before this jihadist administration came on board and has been doing everything towards the benefit of jihad

This is how they said let buhari become president, if he fails we send him out, same people can't dare organize a mere protest

Islam is a satanic cult, don't bring them anywhere close to you.

If not you would be the one to become their slaves, this is how Islam has been thriving from Mohammed time till now

It comes like oppressed and becomes your oppressor

Hausas that where also Muslims know what they are suffering from their superior Fulani brothers

Kwara know what it suffered

We in the south have been seeing the various ruga/livestock Fulani herdsmen back door they have been trying to use since.

It's time you have sense, education is the key of the south, turning the constitution on its head to accommodate hijab is a smoke screen to legalize Muslims in the Christian schools

Because right now hijab is allowed both in public and private schools except the Christian schools

Christian schools are our heritage, it's what preserves our Christian culture, it can't be infiltrated
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by EmekaA125(m): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2021
So upon all the myriads of problem confronting the nation, what these useless HOR members are deliberating on is hijab. U people are mad. What has wearing hijab contributed to Nigeria's economy Those who died carrying Muslim or Christian on their head, where are they now
This kind of story usually annoys me. Nonsense
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by vanvino(m): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2021
Tell someone Religion is becoming a problem in Nigeria he will called you devil. When you find yourself in situation like this, return to the basic: why was school or a particular school founded? It was founded to meet a need or needs. What need was that? Is what you are fighting about help in actualising such need? There's a reason why a building is called church another is called school. You forced someone to do certain thing(s) b/cos of your faith how about that person's faith? I thought Religion supose to be about faith and spiritual matters why do we always fight about material issues. soon we will burnt houses, distroy vehichel and steal animals. yet Bible and Quran is resting peacefully in shops & we called it religious fight. Once in a while lets try to be honest with ourselves. very soon our Religious leaders will say no more elections bt God asked them to come together and choose leaders
Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by baganas: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2021
adenigga:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/house-of-reps-provocative-hijab-bill/%3famp
Christian missionary schools were established to convert people into Christianity, not to offer any quality education. These schools have been taken over by state governments and the prefix Christian missionary schools is merely a nomenclature. In the case of Kwara state, there are more Muslim students in that school than Christian. Kwara is a Muslim dominated state and the wearing of hijab for women is a religious requirement. In the south where states are dominated by Christian, they can stop female students to attend their public schools in hijab. Settler communities must not impose their will on the majority natives. Imaging Christian demanding for Christian preaching on state own radio and television station in Borno state when such is unimaginable in the south where states are clearly have overwhelming Christian populations.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board by Germi9: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2021
so hijab is all they went into the house to delibrate on...
nigeria is a waste,give benin republic ur resources and watch dem blossom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Large-Hearted People, They Will Forgive Buhari - Garba Shehu / Mugshot Of Mukhtar Yero, Nuhu Somo Wya, Abubakar Haruna Gaya, Hamza Ishaq / EFCC Clears Danladi Umar Of N10m Bribe Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.