Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos (10270 Views)

Ambode Breaks Down In Tears As APC Bigwigs Settle For Sanwo-Olu - Pulse / Tinubu's Family House Supports Jide Sanwo—Olu (Photo) / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by hush15: 8:04am On Mar 31, 2021
Sheuns:
Well done. You can as well increase their pay. A level 8 teacher takes home less than 70k monthly.

A teacher shouldn't go home with nothing less than a 120k at least. Teaching is a life of service, not just to impacting knowledge, but building and mounding characters, mentoring and guidance. If you ask me, the least teacher should be rewarded with that at the minimum.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by cletz991(m): 8:07am On Mar 31, 2021
You are just ignorant and a senseless cow .how many of them fit buy transmission for ThaT car ?.their salaries should be upgraded to 150 k so they can comfortably buy the cars by theirselves.gifting them a car is much more worse because once the car problem starts they will spend most of their small change on top am...NONSENSICAL BMC LIKE U
danilmo:

Shut up... So they ll b buying brain box every month right??

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by BigBashiru: 8:08am On Mar 31, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
https://unilagefiwe.com/13-outstanding-lagos-teachers-get-sanwo-olus-car-prizes/

approving the lekki massacre as a stooge of your demon god father already reveals your black wicked heart.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by KingKingKing: 8:08am On Mar 31, 2021
Alexclem:
What parameter do they used in their selection process? The selection process is based on politics and connection.

If teacher get connection e no go dey classroom dey teach.. E go dey one oil company, of one lucrative agency dey chop money
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by cardoctor(m): 8:21am On Mar 31, 2021
Yes but just make sure you pay their salaries on time.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Addme: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2021
Lagos State is really trying to support education and improve the level of teachers at all level.
I once saw their "School at Home" program on TV and since then it's been a regular educational program for my children.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by LaIabobo: 8:27am On Mar 31, 2021
femi4:
How will he/she maintain the car with that ridiculous salary
GL 8 is the entry level grade for graduate teachers in the civil service.
None of the winners are on Level 8. they can't be less than GL 12.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by femi4: 8:28am On Mar 31, 2021
LaIabobo:

GL 8 is the entry level grade for graduate teachers in the civil service.
None of the winners are on Level 8. they can't be less than GL 12.

leave level and talk in terms of salary
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by NokiaN8(m): 8:30am On Mar 31, 2021
how much is the excert salary of level 8 teacher in Lagos.. I know is 86k.. based on minimum wage increase
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Sheuns(m): 8:34am On Mar 31, 2021
hush15:

A teacher shouldn't go home with nothing less than a 120k at least. Teaching is a life of service, not just to impacting knowledge, but building and mounding characters, mentoring and guidance. If you ask me, the least teacher should be rewarded with that at the minimum.

There are some teachers that go home with that amount even more. But they’re on level 12/13 above. A fresh graduate working in a bank earns more than a teacher that has spent 8-12 years in service. There’s need for government to look into payment of public servants. Maybe increase the pay and reduce service years from 35.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Sheuns(m): 8:39am On Mar 31, 2021
femi4:
How will he/she maintain the car with that ridiculous salary

These teachers are obviously not level 8. A level 8 teacher getting these types of gifts is like a camel passing through a needle hole. These are level 14 and above. They earn above 150k monthly. Though they must have served for over 15 yrs.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Jman06(m): 8:41am On Mar 31, 2021
That's good to hear. However, it's not just by saying it, put it into action.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by CocoaOla: 8:45am On Mar 31, 2021
Apc and lies

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Slydegeneral000: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2021
Instead of increasing the salaries, you are gifting just 13 persons out of more than a thousand of them. Are they the only hardworking ones in the whole of Lagos? Only in this continent that rights becomes privileges. Very nonsense govt. That's y teachers will always remain poor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by dewiseacre(m): 9:36am On Mar 31, 2021
Mediocrity being celebrated again as usual!

Is it a good thing to reward teachers who are the source and foundation of education? Yes!

Is it a good thing to reward only 13 teachers in the entirety of Lagos state? No!

What process was used? We don't know!

Was it transparent and open to all? I noticed that all the names were Yoruba names...I am not trying to be tribalistic (I am Yoruba) but can we confidently say that teachers from other tribes in Lagos are not performing?

Is a car the best reward? I will say 'No' but if we say 'Yes', why didn't the government do a car loan scheme and open to a larger pool? Was it not recently that someone in this same government was publicly advising Lagosians to use BRT buses (mind you, none of these government officials use the buses)?

Is this another show off by people in government office? Yes!

Is this politics? Capital YES!

You see, Nigerians have been so starved of good governance that they don't even know what is expected of their leaders. Once anyone throws meatpie service at them, they start to beat their drums.

So sad!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Jimasun: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2021
Josywhyte:
And if u check these teachers are not well paid or are owed for several months. Not just gifting them cars,do something about their salaries. These teachers are nation builders,just that in Nigeria we don't value teachers.... we tend to look down on them where as the one of the major contributors of a nation's development
Lagos is not Abia or Rivers.
Lagos pays the highest minimum wage in Nigeria and her workers are well renumerated.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by ceede2: 9:45am On Mar 31, 2021
Some people are clueless Lagos remembered 13 teachers some State wouldn't give 'em ordinary broom to clean the school environment but they can give 10m to people that are not useful to us
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by optionalY09: 9:48am On Mar 31, 2021
As a teacher you shouldn’t wait until you’re gifted a car by the governor. Your earning should make you comfortable to buy a car and do refinancing to any car of choice every 2years if you like
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 31, 2021
In some states, teachers are attacked by terrorists for doing their jobs. While in other states teachers are rewarded with cars for doing their jobs.

One Nigeria grin grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Duplexxx: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2021
Teaching with out payment in Republic of Nigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by quickberry(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2021
StephenBB:
Just check where those teachers are teaching, it's one public school at the back of Government House grin
It's a No-No for me cos there are those more better than them.
And if you want to reward teachers, it's not by selecting 13 as big as Lagos is...just 13 o!
Make i no talk pass like that.

Stop disgracing ur family online.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by quickberry(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2021
Sheuns:
Well done. You can as well increase their pay. A level 8 teacher takes home less than 70k monthly.

Chronic lie
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Kimjongun: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2021
Increase their salary, my fiance studied education and she is very passionate about it, but we are worried about the very small salary teachers are paid
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Sheuns(m): 10:54am On Mar 31, 2021
quickberry:

Chronic lie

What is the truth? Abi u want me to show u a grade level 8 payslip?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Lizgentle: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2021
You are doing well Mr governor.Congratulations to all the awardees.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by quickberry(m): 11:18am On Mar 31, 2021
Sheuns:

What is the truth? Abi u want me to show u a grade level 8 payslip?

Yes, for 2021.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by Sheuns(m): 11:40am On Mar 31, 2021
quickberry:

Yes, for 2021.

Be careful what you wish for. Give me your email address.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by quickberry(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2021
Sheuns:

Be careful what you wish for. Give me your email address.

Post it here for everyone to see
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Teaching Will Not Be A Thankless Job In Lagos by calcal: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
This another behavior of OLODO Sanwo-Olu, a fraud man.

13 vehicles, while thousands are becoming homeless every day after their service to the same Lagos school board.

I know how much I am donating in my secondary school forum to help with some of my teachers' rent and feeding after over 30 years in serving Lagos state.

Last year my math teacher die of hunger after retirement, all happened in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC Mobilises For Protests Against Fuel Price Hike On Jan. 27th, Feb. 1st / Peter Obi Reacts To Plateau, Benue Massacre, Killings / Uche Nwube: Ebonyi Government House Photographer Kidnapped In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.