Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams (570 Views)

Man Shows Bountiful Harvest Of The Yam He Planted During Lockdown / My Two Plots Of Maize Farm (planted 16/02!2018) / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by Odunayomi247(m): 10:47am On Mar 31, 2021
You don't need to go to the farm to plant yams when you can do it at the back of your house.You don't need to fear herdsmen when you can plant at your own backyard.This was exactly what this nairalander did

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by felixzo1(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2021
let's see how this goes, please ensure they have adequate manure.although the space for the tuber to grow is limited, again you have to space the bags to allow room for the leaves to spread, getting enough sunlight
Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by Seikiri1: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2021
Won't this technique of yours affect the size of the yam.

1 Like

Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by descarado: 11:33am On Mar 31, 2021
I don't think all yam types Can be planted this way.
Some are really huge.

Well done farmer
Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by Tohsynetita1: 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
This is similar to vertical farming whereby crops are planted in cube like materials arranged on a storey framing device that helps the germination. It's commonly found in China,India, and best practice if there is no or little land space.

1 Like

Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by UnitySeedworld8(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
It would have been better if the bags was raised higher than this so to add more soil for most of the yams that will grow huge, and also spacing them to give way for the leafs to do good.

1 Like

Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
optimal use of space, nice onice. I notice that Water yam performs better in Not-so-fertile-land than conventional yams.
Re: See How A Nairalander Planted His Yams by SweetVibe: 3:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nice, but I think a deeper bag would have been better

(1) (Reply)

Get Tapioca In Wholesales Price From Us / Become A Millionaire From Maize Farming / Big Size Chicken Plucker Available For Sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.