Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. (1957 Views)

Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / 15 Exciting Routes That Will Make Your Travel Experiences Unforgettable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
I remember trekking from my house to an unknown destination for fun.
Particularly, I'm the type that took the word ""finish what you started"" to heart.

Imagine I trekked several kilometers and going back became a problem grin

I began to ask questions cause, I knew I was totally lost.
People told me that going back was a waste of time and that I should simply make use of the nearest short cut.

Ever seen where a short cut was never short? grin

I trekked till the sun changed my color from light skinned to light black.

Funny part was that a man offered to give me a ride and I rejected. He even offered me money and I rejected.
My enemies really wanted to deal with me that very day.
Immediately I got home, people living around thought I was a stranger cause, I was already looking like a burnt offering grin

Had any experience? Do share

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by KidDarkness(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
chronian:
Particularly, I'm the type that took the word ""finish what you started"" to heart.

People told me that going back was a waste of time and that I should simply make use of the nearest short cut.

Funny part was that a man offered to give me a ride and I rejected. He even offered me money and I rejected.
Immediately I got home, people living around thought I was a stranger cause, I was already looking like a burnt offering grin

Burnt offering? What type? Boli, Roasted yam or my elder brother's 2003 totally burnt beans because of woman?
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
Sat next to someone's luggage. Very uncomfortable.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Klass99(f): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by HawkToBar(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
chronian:
lalasticlala
You never set stage finish
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 01, 2021
I was planning on traveling interstate only to get there and be told that I was at the wrong place. Had to turn around after wasting so much time in the car and by that time, my butt cheeks were already quite sore.

Wanted to cry my eyes out. Lol
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by gracefoundmme(m): 12:30am On Apr 01, 2021
Hmmmm... Kano Kano Kano, I served in Kano 2019 and I will never forget the day I trekked from Feggae LGA to Gabbasawa...in the name of eh going out and exploring new places, was enjoying the fun and the rest of it and then I couldn't trace my way back it wasn't funny, no t'fare, my phone was dead, and I couldn't speak Hausa to even communicate, Oh God, I cried mehn, lots of thoughts were running through, how I came back to the lodge that night was still a misery guys, I left the lodge around 4pm, I just burst out from a street that lead to the expressway then and was able to locate airforce base, got back to the lodge around 11pm...
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Tonyx5(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2021
Cerebrocrust:
I was planning on traveling interstate only to get there and be told that I was at the wrong place. Had to turn around after wasting so much time in the car and by that time, my butt cheeks were already quite sore.

Wanted to cry my eyes out. Lol
lol you didn't know the route ?
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2021
gracefoundmme:
Hmmmm... Kano Kano Kano, I served in Kano 2019 and I will never forget the day I trekked from Feggae LGA to Gabbasawa...in the name of eh going out and exploring new places, was enjoying the fun and the rest of it and then I couldn't trace my way back it wasn't funny, no t'fare, my phone was dead, and I couldn't speak Hausa to even communicate, Oh God, I cried mehn, lots of thoughts were running through, how I came back to the lodge that night was still a misery guys, I left the lodge around 4pm, I just burst out from a street that lead to the expressway then and was able to locate airforce base, got back to the lodge around 11pm...

It's seriously never good to walk around places you're not familiar with.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 01, 2021
Tonyx5:

lol you didn't know the route ?

Not at all. Lol

Even the driver didn't call my attention to it. When I noticed that most drivers can be really mean just so as to collect extra cash.

Well, that very day I told him I wasn't going to give him shi shi

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Tonyx5(m): 12:45am On Apr 01, 2021
Cerebrocrust:

Not at all. Lol

Even the driver didn't call my attention to it. When I noticed that most drivers can be really mean just so as to collect extra cash.

Well, that very day I told him I wasn't going to give him shi shi
Chai I'm sorry about that b
who knows if the poor driver wanted to call your attention to it, but was scared of your frowned face�
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 01, 2021
Was when I had to sleep with the driver in the same car cause, we couldn't continue the journey.

To make matters worse, he began making very very terrible advances which I blatantly declined.

I almost developed a heart attack when he invited two other guys into the car, while still trying to persuade me to accept his proposal (lodging in a hotel to spend the night or better still spending the night together inside the bus).

I began acting all friendly with the other two guys. Even came down and got bread for them (I'll just act like a good girl small).

Funny enough, that man is an Igbo guy and he is the owner of the bus company. He told me how he's trying to grow the new bus business into something really big.

Imagine I was a twitter warrior, record everything that happened that day and manage to upload it.
His whole career is over.

Men should learn to resist all this stupid urge. E get why

How I survived is still a mystery till today but, I know sleep eluded me that day.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by michelletaylor: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2021
So We went to California for a holiday trip by Roadtrippers coupons, We were halfway and suddenly our car broke, so we started barbeque by the side of the road and enjoyed ourselves there until the car started again.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by BigDawsNet: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2021
I was going for a bike ride outside the city..

I actually lost my way back to the city and I was trying to track my way back when a cop stop to check

I told him I lost my way...

He attached my bike on his police truck and we head back to the city...
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by KidDarkness(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2021
StacyO:
I already know
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
KidDarkness:

I already know
Tell us then.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by JustCruise(m): 6:16am On Apr 05, 2021
gracefoundmme

I served in kano too Tofa lga to be precise. Moving around in kano without a strong control of hausa language is a no no. I do visit Gabbasawa from time to time cos my guy ovie was there.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 05, 2021
JustCruise:
gracefoundmme

I served in kano too Tofa lga to be precise. Moving around in kano without a strong control of hausa language is a no no. I do visit Gabbasawa from time to time cos my guy ovie was there.

Is it to say that Hausa's hardly speak English??
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by JustCruise(m): 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
chronian

Yea they rarely speak English,especially those in rural areas. My first month was horrible because even the bus fares were in hausa.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by culf: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2021
I usually do that when I get to a new place though I usually take straight road so that I don't confuse myself.

Now, 9ja no safe for such adventures again oooo
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 08, 2021
JustCruise:
chronian

Yea they rarely speak English,especially those in rural areas. My first month was horrible because even the bus fares were in hausa.

Wow

I need to do more research.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Hintona(f): 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2021
I was vomiting throughout the journey and my husband asked if I was pregnant but I wasn't. That was the first time we were travelling to Lagos it was not easy sha but he babied me through the whole journey. grin
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by HealerH: 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
The day I travelled from Nairobi to Lagos.

People hawking Gala on the air-route no let me sleep. Always shouting "brother buy Gala and laCasera." sad
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hintona:
I was vomiting throughout the journey and my husband asked if I was pregnant but I wasn't. That was the first time we were travelling to Lagos it was not easy sha but he babied me through the whole journey. grin

I believe it's motion sickness

lalasticlala justwise
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
JustCruise:
chronian

Hahahahahahahha
Must've been a very tough experience.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2021
StacyO:
Was when I had to sleep with the driver in the same car cause, we couldn't continue the journey.

To make matters worse, he began making very very terrible advances which I blatantly declined.

I almost developed a heart attack when he invited two other guys into the car, while still trying to persuade me to accept his proposal (lodging in a hotel to spend the night or better still spending the night together inside the bus).

I began acting all friendly with the other two guys. Even came down and got bread for them (I'll just act like a good girl small).

Funny enough, that man is an Igbo guy and he is the owner of the bus company. He told me how he's trying to grow the new bus business into something really big.

Imagine I was a twitter warrior, record everything that happened that day and manage to upload it.
His whole career is over.

Men should learn to resist all this stupid urge. E get why

How I survived is still a mystery till today but, I know sleep eluded me that day.

shocked

Woahw

lalasticlala
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Blesyn22(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2021
chronian:

I once had a similar experience.

My father called me that very morning after he'd left for work that my attention was requested at the centre I registered for O'level WAEC. I had to rush there with the last #140 on me to write the exam unfortunately the centre coordinator made a mistake of the subject. He thought I was offering food and Nutrition. Words could not express how angry I was. I left for the centre with the last #140 thinking that when coming back I'll get a ride back to my house. I was only left with #40 and haven't spent 100h getting there I was broke. I had to begin my exodus from the bush that was over 3 km to the main road. From the main road I bought #40 satchet water to accompany me. Until I reached my destination: home. On reaching home my mother had arrived so I told her of my experience and she pampered me.

The funny part was when my dad arrived She told him about my experience and he gave me a smirk that dissipated the pampering from my mother.

My father sabi give that smirk wella.
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Lilpen3758: 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
KidDarkness:

Burnt offering? What type? Boli, Roasted yam or my elder brother's 2003 totally burnt beans because of woman?
Guy just drop your number for her she will call you
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Kaykay999(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lilpen3758:
Hahaha exactly cheesy cheesy
Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by Lilpen3758: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
Kaykay999:
Hahaha exactly cheesy cheesy
So love make u change monicker?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experiences. by KidDarkness(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lilpen3758:
For who?

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Airlines Valentine Special / I Want To Study And Work In Greece / New U.K Immigration Rules !!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.