Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

My Employer Is Shortchanging Me - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me (26237 Views)

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / Why ‘can I Sue My Employer?’ Is Often The Wrong Question / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by jaxxy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirinwa:
I was offered an employment where I stated an amount which was countered by my boss with promise to up it but he hasn't.

I am considering quiting the job. Advise me.

Coming out of a pandemic u have to be reasonable bt that depends on the sector ur office is into. Some gained from the pandemic and many lost so put that into consideration 1st.

2ndly it also depends on how lucrative ur skills and cv/function is. Do u have the potential of getting another job offer just like that? Are u a hot cake or just there. This shud also guide ur decision. U don’t want to stay home jobless.

3. Have u saved enough money to wait it out looking for another job or to invest?

4. Money isn’t everything, are u getting more knowledge, skill, exposure or contacts on this job? If so u might want to ignore the money and build urself b4 leaving so u are more competitive in the market.

Cheers, goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by emmyN(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
Well I don't know about you, but I quit mine today. Very open for new opportunities now.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by JustforMen: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
stay here with ths one as you continue searching for another...
you can also quit if you have a business idea you are convinced to pursue...
no rush before hunger go come make you dey think say.you no get sense when you leave.

May the wind blow behind you and the forces work for you. all the best, bro

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by johnmartus(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
You are fired why did you not bring this matter to my table instead public opinion. I am wondering if its Nairaland that employed you hope your issue have solve.

We will meet next week.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by uuzba(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirinwa:
I was offered an employment where I stated an amount which was countered by my boss with promise to up it but he hasn't.
I don't have advice O.
If I say go now, tomorrow you will say, it's because of me that xys.
If I say stay now, you will still blame me for your suffering.
-
The usual thing to do is to apply and get another job before leaving the current one.
Some people are able to gather money and start a business well FIRST, before leaving the current job.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by micflo28(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
Why do you want to quit a job when you have not gotten another one at hand. Don't quit in the face of uncertainty.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by wpadmin: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
Klass99:

Then stop going the extra mile. Do work that is commensurate with what you are being paid

You are wise.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2021
Klass99:

Then stop going the extra mile. Do work that is commensurate with what you are being paid

My nigga!!!
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by NaijaFutbol: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirinwa:

In a job you either learn or earn or do both. If you do only one, that is fair. If you do both, that is awesome. If you neither learn or earn, please resign.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by JohnSin97: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Klass99:

This is why people like you remain at minimum wage level.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by AuroraB(f): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Seniorwriter:
@OP ....Entrepreneurship is the new Normal .....

BTW for those sending me PMs or Dms as to how they can earn $45 - $100 (weekly or Monthly ) via online Skill Sets I'll suggest you just send me a message on facebook using the FB ID on my profile here on NL....i have tons of emails and will not attend to it for now till after I meet my target....so if you want to reach me urgently kindly do as I've suggested. Am interested

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@seniorwriter
Oje cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by ebuclassic18(m): 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirinwa:

better remain der
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by OOG(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
You take a hammer to a wall and the first few blows will not yield much result but if you keep giving it your best blows, the wall will eventually come down.
If you choose to focus on the wall not coming down after the first few blows, you will lose energy and you will not strike your best blows or you may even give up totally when maybe all you need are just a few more blows to bring the wall down.

Every faithful sower always gets a harvest.
That is the way the world is.
That is the way it has been designed to work and that is the principle that has governed humanity from the beginning of time.

The worst thing you can do is give less than your best because you feel you are not properly compensated.
Give your best no matter your pay and one day you will meet with people that can pay you what you deserve.
That is what it means when they say proper preparation meeting opportunity will lead to success.
Don't focus on your situation now but always tell yourself that you are preparing yourself for the bigger pay ahead.
If you give less than your best, how will you gain the competence and experience for the bigger pay you seek?
To get more in any area of life, you have to first give more.

Take your present position as a learning stage and learn all you can about your job even if you are still scouting for other opportunities.
Do your best on the job such that if you submit your resignation tomorrow, your boss will beg you to stay because he has realized how indispensable you are. Until you become that indispensable, it will be tough to negotiate higher pay.

Commit to personally grow to the size of your dream and your dream will eventually catch up with you.

I wish you all the best.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Seniorwriter(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
AuroraB:
Oje cheesy grin

Going by my street knowledge your statement 'Oje' means fake right?
Deep Quote
Smart people ask questions to know but ignorance is always a friend to assumptions!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity !!!!
@Seniorwriter
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by semyman: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
Just be on the lookout

They are looking for a replacement
Never try that with Nigeria firms

Once they get a competent replacement for your position, you will face unfounded threats for you to leave or be eased out.

Number one rule of the mafia has been broken by you

Always pull your trigger once you are out with your gun

Safe landing
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by larryking540: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirinwa:

if nigeria had a reasonable legal system you can take him to court ,and he will end up pay till the money is complete
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by calcal: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
sunday2olabode:
same challenges I'm facing also there is no job out there if you quit I have been managing what I see I just believe this will change with time. thou still looking for another source of income. I

Nothing will change, continue to look for extra income!
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by samwillyco1(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
Be your own BOSS
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by adonaimart(m): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2021
Where you don't feel appreciated, leave.

Start applying now.

Rejig your resume stating your present experience.

Check my signature.

quote author=Kirinwa post=100370546]

I usually go extra mile to get my job done and I was disappointed that despite putting in extra time to my work.

He still ignored it. Those that occupied same position said the same reasons for leaving.[/quote]
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2021
Better Quit...If na one of those yeye 9ja Private company Bosses wey dey use all their money empower small girls...Na After 5years e go Reason your matter by then even who dey 10years now go don go HK make am big.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Entrepreneurrr: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
hmmm. same thing is happening to me ooo.
though i took the job as a side hustle.
But i am not happy with the pay because it is based on percentage at the end of the month, and yesterday he broke d rule by paying me less. i complaint to him, but its as uf he didn't heard what i said.

But he will not see me this month. I will move.
I have other source of income.

I am doing the work, just to keep me busy. But i will not be suffering for another person.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirinwa:

Do you have an employment letter/contract?
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by lekonso: 12:17am On Apr 03, 2021
There is no cheating in nature. Keep up doing your work as if you are being paid well. I'm assuring you fully that sooner or later you will get another job that will pay you back of every cent you have worked for in the present employment. This is the time of sowing, your harvest will surely come.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Mac2016(m): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Kirinwa:

Pls don't quit! You quit; your sense of a win against oppression wouid soon be overwhelming by hunger and an empty stomach will always negotiate poorly. It's a worst offer to take with empty stomach plus desperation for a replacement job.
Calm down there, continue managing but double up your skill improvement and search for a new job. God bless you
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Duplexxx: 12:50am On Apr 03, 2021
Don't quite manage it
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by joyousever(f): 1:01am On Apr 03, 2021
How do you want people to advise you, when virtually no one here has an indepth knowledge or details of your complaints?
Kirinwa:

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by socialmediaman: 2:32am On Apr 03, 2021
Kirinwa:

I usually go extra mile to get my job done and I was disappointed that despite putting in extra time to my work.

He still ignored it. Those that occupied same position said the same reasons for leaving.

Do you have another job? You could start searching while you're on the current one. You're generally more likely to be employed if you already have a job.
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by McLizbae: 2:58am On Apr 03, 2021
Man just dey dey talk him own simple talk, lalasticlala carry am come front page. grin grin
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by sulaak(m): 3:27am On Apr 03, 2021
Kirinwa:

Do want you like, as long as you will not post messages asking for handouts. You have a job in a country with 50% unemployment. Thank you blessing
Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by stanley000: 6:08am On Apr 03, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:
Working in a one man's company nor be work at all. Na suffer head work be that.

For one man business, oga or madam fit wake up for morning and sack you because dem see who resemble you for the bad dream wey deh dream the previous night
i swear you are so on point especially working for a man that thinks with his dxck. His wife can simply tell him to let u go without reason and that's the end. Me though I'm working but the way I'm still searching for jobs eh, i even tell everyone i am unemployed even my family thinks I'm not working.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Shortchanging Me by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 03, 2021
I was recently reading a Book in which the Author says there was once a time where over 80% of people were self employed.
He says the reason People don't have their own business is because, they have been trained through the educational system to be seek jobs and not create them.
I believe in order to solve this unemployment problem in Nigeria, People have to learn how to Start up their own businesses.
It will not only boost the Economy; It will also solve the Unemployment Issue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? / FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers / Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.