Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? (24814 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House, Can I Sue My Employer? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
Good day ladies and gentlemen

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

I returned home dejected, despair n feeling defeated with so many things running on my head. It's really paining me right now feeling like to go n burn their office n kill them all or arrange to kidnap them.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by AllBlack: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
People get mind oh.
na 50k for 5 months salary dem no fit give you in a second. money wey the same managers dey use buy take-away for dem babes.

156 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
AllBlack:
People get mind oh.
na 50k for 5 months salary dem no fit give you in a second. money wey the same managers dey use buy take-away for dem babes.
asswear you're right they're just heartless

46 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Klass99(f): 2:19am On Jul 05, 2022

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Nezero(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2022
Please o, I will suggest you just continue to deal with them as you are already doing.

Court case dey drag for years, and dey consume money. Court case is not for a struggling person.

I hope they pay you your money

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Nezero:
Please o, I will suggest you just continue to deal with them as you are already doing.

Court case dey drag for years, and dey consume money. Court case is not for a struggling person.

I hope they pay you your money
thanks for this. But my fears is that they won't pay me all at once if I continue like this

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by cayorday89(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:
thanks for this. But my fears is that they won't pay me all at once if I continue like this

Speak with the owner directly, but don't tell him full reasons except you have not been paid for all the months you worked so far, then quit from the security company, just tell him you will be okay to work for him directly in the company even if na cleaner for the main time, the pay could be higher and promptly paid.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by yunus22: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2022
cayorday89:

Speak with the owner directly, but don't tell him full reasons except you have not been paid for all the months you worked so far, then quit from the security company, just tell him you will be okay to work for him directly in the company even if na cleaner for the main time, the pay could be higher and promptly paid.
exactly that's what I'm planning to do n of course you're right they pay will be much higher n prompt

15 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Dheji2(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Your grammar is too smooth to be this stupid.

What's your academic qualification?
Do you have a criminal record preventing you from applying for a better job?

For someone who writes like this, I think you can get something better to do.

Unless your post is just to catch a cruise with the audience. Who knows?

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by CrazyMan(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
You want to sue them for how much exactly, for 40k. Do you know the cost of hiring a lawyer? Can you afford one in your present state...

Apply in the leather factory to work as a labour staff, or any other factory, your pay would be clearly higher than the 10k they pay you.

As for your current employer, they have no plans of paying you, just get another job and forget about them.

16 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by sofiscatedmoron: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
Things hard o, go start business,u go dey see 10k per week or per day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Zenzu01(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
That's why working with a job agency is usually not advisable. It's normal for them not to pay you the full amount they're paid. However, they're heartless to have hold your salaries even after being paid.

The unfortunate thing about this is that you can't sue them since you didn't mention them giving you application form and signed employment letter to show that you're working with them.

Funny thing is that if you leave now, it means your money is likely to go. However, it's the best thing to do at this moment.

Because they may be owing others like they're owing you. I wish you all the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Hotfreezer: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
Look at how well a Security guard who earns 10k per month writes.
So sad mehn.

You need to leave that job. Approach your employer directly and explain your plight to him. Ask him for employment directly.

35 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Image123(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
yunus22:
Good day ladies and gentlemen

I was employed as a security guard at a leather factory through a private security company 4months ago but this company never pays me as they said the factory owner did not pay them . But recently I learnt that the factory owner had been paying them.

I went to the office on Friday to confront them about the issue n also told them I will resign. They asked me to wait till today Monday so they'll forward my issue to their head office to get sorted out.

So I went to the office today, they told me I'll only get one month salary today till when they finally sorted it out then they'll pay me the remaining 3months at the same time.

I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k. They deducted Five thousand naira for uniform which were never given to us n one thousand naira for audio application form fee respectively.

I returned home dejected, despair n feeling defeated with so many things running on my head. It's really paining me right now feeling like to go n burn their office n kill them all or arrange to kidnap them.

Another thing that I discovered is that the factory owner pay my company 20k but they'll pay me 10k. but one thing that always motivated me is that the factory owner usually buys me food n drinks, sometimes even tips me 500 naira. So I feel like I was just saving my salary I'll cash out later whenever they paid me but it end up in tears, anger n gnashing of teeth.

Ladies and gentlemen I want your candid advice on how to go about this issue please. Should I go ahead and sue them to pay me my remaining salary or ask the factory owner to avoid the company n pays me directly since he
likes me?

Sorry bro, this is not a job. They are not your employer but slave masters. Get out of that place and get a job or even do business. Beggars even get more than 4000 a month and are not owed. So sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
This is what labor ministry should be fighting for. But they wont. Its unfortunate you cant get a lawyer probono to get your money.

This is pure wickedness

6 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by DropsMic(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
The Nigerian government is a reflection of the Nigerian society... Nigerians are horrible people.

Ordinary 10k a month. Wtf man

8 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
I said, okay no problem. but the thing that pains me so much is that these heartless entities deducted 6k out of 10k salary n left me took home only 4k
Out of $20 salary per month,
They ended up giving you $12!!

This is the height of it.
Lord save Nigeria.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hotfreezer:
Look at how well a Security guard who earns 10k per month writes.
So sad mehn.

We are just in a useless country. Very useless leadership that one cant get justice and fairness
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by ThrillPlus: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
P
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
CrazyMan:
You want to sue them for how much exactly, for 40k. Do you know the cost of hiring a lawyer? Can you afford one in your present state...

Apply in the leather factory to work as a labour staff, or any other factory, your pay would be clearly higher than the 10k they pay you.

As for your current employer, they have no plans of paying you, just get another job and forget about them.

Does he have the connection to be employed?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by DearGorgeous(f): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
What of legal fees and the number of years you'll waste going to court?

Start looking for something else to do and quit the job. But make sure you gather some hard looking guys to pay your direct employer a visit, with a strict warning that if by the end of the month you don't receive your full payment, they'll then come in their full element.
That will instill fear in him/her and you'll be paid. I believe this should work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Dididrumz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Do You have the money to go through that legal process?

I doubt that You do.

Even if You do, you just end up spending more than they are actually supposed to pay You.
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by harmargedon: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
cool
Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Kobicove(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Theoretically speaking you have a legal basis to sue but realistically speaking it costs a lot of money to institute legal cases even when you know you're in the right!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by damola1: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
The person that wrote this cannot be a security guard

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by SecretReporter(f): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
For you to be able to write like this and yet settle for less and even be comfortable with all this buhalaha, it's shows that Education cannot give wisdom and in life you need wisdom, I suggest you go for self development it's will help along way because its seem like you need great wisdom and things like this is my state is what we call spiritual problem, bt I guess you are from the Northern part of Nigeria, although not trying to be a tribal man bt try and vote for a Good Government, Labour Party will do the justice, Self Development in Nigeria Start from voting Right

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by Iseoluwani: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
cayorday89:

Op this is the best advice for now. Follow it and face ur fears

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue My Employer For This?? by steveodo(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
It's better u look for a building site and work than working for 10k in a whole month.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edukoya Sacks Most Of Its Employees / 7 Things To Know About The Only Nigerian Female Barber In Sokoto / Any Hope For Fresh Graduates With Bsc Botany In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.