Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Pot Of Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Pot Of Soup (1054 Views)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? / Snake In My Pot!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pot Of Soup by jacoik(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2021

So last night I had forgotten to warm my soup and had slept off. I woke up this morning to find it sour. I wasn't happy at all. Especially with the fact that I had just cooked it a day before. I couldn't stop blaming myself.
I brought out the pot and placed it angrily outside. My neighbor who had seen me drop the full pot of soup outside asked.
"Neighbour, you go warm am?"
"No. E spoil. I wan trowey am."
"You no warm am last night?"
"I been forget. Sleep carry me for night."
"Eyaaa…"
I returned into the house to bring out other plates to wash. When I got back, I found her licking her fingers.
"E no too bad o. The soup good small. You sure sey you no need am?"
I glared at the sour pot of soup and at her.
"No, I no need am"
"Okay. Make my pikin them come carry am. Them go use am chop eba this morning. E go finish. The way them go rush this soup now now go shock you. If the soup do three days seff e try."
Before I could find words to say to her she picked the pot of soup and dashed into her house speedily. Probably trying to hurry up before I change my mind about giving her the soup again.
Her first son returned with the empty pot and handed it over to me.
"Thank you." He muttered.
The daughter, a five-year-old, popped her head through the window and smiled.
"Uncle, thank you."
The twin children ran out playfully and blurted "Uncle thank you."
And their mother finally emerged laughing.
"See how them the happy. Them don see food."
Tears gathered up in my eyes. I ran into my room and cried like a child.
How one man's poison becomes another man's food.
How one man's fish becomes another man's chicken.
How one man's rag is another man's Christmas cloth.
How my sour soup, turned into another woman's thanksgiving.
Value whatever you have. Appreciate whatever you enjoy. For another man somewhere, searches immensely for what you have, and wishes to own just half of what you own.

1 Like

Re: My Pot Of Soup by jaymichael(m): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
Next time you have a sour soup, drop a little potash (kaun) inside or a small quantity (like a teaspoon) of baking soda then warm the soup. The soup will lose it's sour taste.

1 Like

Re: My Pot Of Soup by OlayemiAshraf(m): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
I swear bruh .. I'm crying right now ..... Damnnnn God will provide for those that don't have ... inshallah ....in Jesus name .... amen
Re: My Pot Of Soup by Tokskob2008: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
You get money cook soup op wey later go sour, better be thanking God for that. I can't even remember the last time i cooked anything called soup cos everywhere tight no be small.

(1) (Reply)

A Question For Nigerians: Which Tribe/ethnic Group Are The Best Cooks? / How Much Does A Basket Of Garri Now Cost In Your Area? / Online Training On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.