Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States (7755 Views)

Boko Haram Distributes Ramadan Packages, Cash To Borno, Yobe Residents (photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Christian-Majority Communities In Borno & Adamawa States / APC Shifts Governorship Primaries For Lagos, Enugu And Adamawa States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by AMI3(m): 5:54am On Apr 01, 2021
Some southeners will not c anything wrong about this
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Sylvaxxl1(m): 5:55am On Apr 01, 2021
ceasare:

am telling you...whats d need for the projects when insurgency and banditry is still rife...another story go enter now that it was inaugurated and it was blown off by boko haram.i mean who did we offend.God please come to our rescue...this is too much!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Is it not unarmed civilians that would build the project? Or has insurgency stopped?
This is like putting water in basket. These guys just don't think.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by VictorUSA(m): 5:58am On Apr 01, 2021
jom28gy:
Just imagine how north are using Niger Delta money to develop the north
Niger Delta dey produce money ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by VictorUSA(m): 6:03am On Apr 01, 2021
$26 Million for just three hausa states. Hey! E fear me.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by saajus: 6:18am On Apr 01, 2021
Expect more irrational contracts in this last two years of the Buhari administration. APC needs money for the 2023 election.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by paddyDIGITAL(m): 6:29am On Apr 01, 2021
The same projects BK will blow up? Waste of funds.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Mrpojj(m): 6:45am On Apr 01, 2021
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by integrity16(m): 6:48am On Apr 01, 2021
The power infrastructure Boko boys would still come and destroy?
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Godmademan(m): 6:55am On Apr 01, 2021
They wanna steal funds again. At a time when electrical installations have become prime target for terrorists, oir dear government have taught it 'wise' to start multi-million dollar power projects in the red zone. 'Smart move'
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Topmaike007(m): 6:58am On Apr 01, 2021
jom28gy:
North no be Nigeria again?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Topmaike007(m): 7:01am On Apr 01, 2021
Harrykn:
Light nor dey my area for months now
hold your local government Chairman /governor responsible
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Keep wasting money.

You fix, they bomb it after 3 days, you fix it again.

God forbid.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by lifoyis(m): 7:11am On Apr 01, 2021
Paul vs Askren On April 17 the main card will be headlined by YouTube star Jake Paul and UFC's Ben Askren.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 01, 2021
Harrykn:
Light nor dey my area for months now

I am living on power banks and UPS too.

They will never give light to the south, but once they hear Boko Haram bombs power tower, they now find $26m immediately from nowhere, but Nigeria doesn't have money to pay medical doctors salaries since January this year..

In Kaduna, light hardly blinks, same as Abuja.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Dpharisee: 7:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
This is very commendable and I believe that when completed, it will increase economic outputs from these three big states. It is also very helpful to local content capacity development.
Curiously, on a quick search of the companies that won this multi billion naira contract, I am pleasantly impressed that it is Icomtel Nigeria Limited , an indigenous company owned by an Igbo man in partnership with a publicly listed Chinese company.

When here on Nairaland some of our Igbo brothers and sisters complain and rain vile obscene comments against this administration, all I see his hatred and bigotry against others,as the truth is not in them.

Today, the multibillion naira (about N10billion) contract for extending power to the North East states of Yobe, Borno and Adamawa state was approved by the patriotic duo PMB- PYO( both hated mostly by some Igbos) administration on the recommendation of the Minister of Power , Engnr Saleh, a northerner, and the contract was given to an Igbo man.

While the Chinese company looks well established, the Nigerian company looks like a one-man business and their corporate website carefully avoided stating the board or executives of the company. Such a company with poor transparency to be given such a huge contract like that does not inspire confidence. Federal Government can do better. If it is an indigenous company, let it be one with good corporate governance that meets the corporate governance code.
Get out with your bigotry sad
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Godbless3(m): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2021
One nigeria indeed.
When have we heard last a project apart from roads that will never be completed initiated in the south-south?
What a shame that southerners are just still slave obeying their hausa slave masters.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by nobilie: 7:41am On Apr 01, 2021
Project(s) they'll soon tell us that boko haram/iswap has destroyed. As long as I'm concerned, its an amount set aside to be embezzled.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by zombieHUNTER: 7:50am On Apr 01, 2021
seunmsg:
To be honest, I don’t think we have to spend so much money on vaccines. Since donors are giving us over 40million doses, we should divert the money to build health care infrastructure and not waste it on vaccines. We can still achieve herd immunity with the donated 43million doses.

You are definitely right...

But how then can Buhari and his fourty thieves steal.. ?... Thieves will always steal
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by ceasare: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2021
Sylvaxxl1:

Exactly what I was thinking. Is it not unarmed civilians that would build the project? Or has insurgency stopped?
This is like putting water in basket. These guys just don't think.

they do think but they come to realise they hv citizen who will not question them and may likely do worse than them.
either which way our matter as a nation na only divine intervention we need nwannem
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by jazon(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2021
These northerners would use our oil money and develop their region. When there's no more oil, they'll call for a referendum.

The South needs to be united. No such project by the fg in the south where the money is from
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2021
jom28gy:
Reading comments like this make me a very happy man,knowing your kind are in misery and your souls are little/bitter makes me a happy man.I just drove to work,on a perfectly good road built by Niger delta money.I received my salary last week,paid by Niger delta money.Life is good,God bless Nigeria/Arewa.Stay mad,keep on hating and after a year or two,see if it add value to your life.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by 4four(m): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2021
And bokos boys go do justice to it
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by stampedconcrete: 8:32am On Apr 01, 2021
Discrimination is a good thing.
We criticized the whites for discriminating against blacks in South Africa. Do you know where South Africa would have been if Apatheid had continued?
Take it or leave it, Some people don't deserve some rights. give them those rights, their sheer number alone can topple any good decision made and enthrone mediocrity.
If only educated people were allowed to vote in Nigeria, so many problems we now face would be solved.
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Jerrydox(m): 8:35am On Apr 01, 2021
MBA or MVA?
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Jerrydox(m): 8:35am On Apr 01, 2021
MBA or MVA?
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Franking: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2021
Everything na north. NNPC na northerners full am and they don't have a drop of oil. NPA na northerner dey head am meanwhile the seas are in the south. Customs na northerner dey head am. Everything is for the north.

Let every southerner join the effort for seperation. The injustice is too much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by TheTourist: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2021
Sharing Money FC
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by iamyemiakins(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2021
The oil producing area in Ondo State lacks electricity for over 10 years now.
This country no just balance at all
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by Oshokalo: 9:28am On Apr 01, 2021
shekau will be like make him na do finish na,I dey wait
Re: Nigeria Approves $26 Million For Power Projects In Borno, Yobe & Adamawa States by RealDuchess(f): 11:12am On Apr 01, 2021
All I see is a case of misplaced priority and incapability. Dear Nigerian leaders (president + House of Assembly+ Supreme judge), you are telling us the masses that you have decided that it’s in our best interest( since it’s a government for the people) that you spend #9,899,500.00 to install electricity for Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states. States that are heavily battling insurgency. Then what happens when you install this electricity and it’s burnt down by hoodlums as is the usual. You budget another billions to reinstall? While the masses are heavy battling high cost of living, insecurity and outright poverty.
The people you intend to use the Niger Delta money to finance, did you even carry out a survey? Ask them if electricity is their priority? I guess you didn’t, because if you did, you would know that what these people actually want is PEACE. Take away the bandits! Give them enabling environment to actually live and not just exist in fear. FOOD availability , most can’t even afford three square meals a day. Only when you have provided these can you start rebuilding and fixing electricity. Anything other than this is a futile attempt.
But it’s obvious you don’t care about either of these because the money was never going into electricity for poor people. It’s all a smoke screen to hide your heavy embezzlement. Very inconvenient indeed because when you are queried in the future, you could always claim the facilities were distroyed by bandits.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi: 57 Garlands For A Bridge Builder - Oyebode Praise Fayemi On His Birthday / Massive Crowd Troop Out For Palliatives In Lagos Today - Photos / Plateau Governor, Caleb Mutfwang Appoints 136 Special Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.