Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? (2658 Views)

How Long Is The Ideal Maximum Period To Use A Smart Phone Before Replacing It? / 9mobile Lost Of Network Anyone Experience Same Issue / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
Good morning and great day Nairaland.
I currently use a Gionee S10 smart phone. Yesterday before i slept i placed my phone on bare tiles(screen faced upwards), the battery percentage was still around full strength (93%). On waking up this morning I pick my phone to check the time, pressed the power/screen unlock button and nothing displayed, I then long pressed the button to start and nothing displayed either so I took my charger and when I plugged it in it displayed charging from 0%. I've never experienced this before, I was surprised, my suspicion was it happened probably due to the cold floor(tiles) I placed it on that drained the battery life, but I'm not certain, i need your savvy about this, could I be correct? (Nb - the back/battery cover is metal)
All comments are welcomed.

MODs Fp pls.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Prechgold1180(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2021
iammolise:
I currently use a Gionee S10 smart phone. Yesterday before i slept i placed my phone on bare tiles(screen faced upwards), the battery percentage was still around full strength (93%). On waking up this morning I pick my phone to check the time, pressed the power/screen unlock button and nothing displayed, I then long pressed the button to start and nothing displayed either so I took my charger and when I plugged it in it displayed charging from 0%. I've never experienced this before, I was surprised, my suspicion was it happened probably due to the cold floor(tiles) I placed it on that drained the battery life, but I'm not certain, i need your savvy about this, could I be correct? (Nb - the back/battery cover is metal)

MODs Fp pls.
fp for wetyn are u high

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by samwash(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2021
He fit be say some unkwn forces use your phone take play game for night or chat with there fellow mate or even use ham do video call.
On a serious note I do hear stories that when you place ur phone on cement floor it do drain the battery.

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by DigiBandito: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Happened to me like twice. Phone was also placed on the floor. Must be some kind of static discharge

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Silentgroper(m): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2021
I remember d days when i would sneak into my older cousin room nd use his phone to play games, facebook nd chat. Even download films nd send it to mine. Would sneak back into his room nd place d phone exactly how i met it. Dude would wake up in d morning nd start lamenting how his phone ba3 is getting spoilt. Me go just dey one side dey tell am xay most phone ba3ries of nowadays no dey last.

if u live with someone, op, dz could just be exactly wat is happening.

11 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by punisha: 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
Silentgroper:
I remember d days when i would sneak into my older cousin room nd use his phone to play games, facebook nd chat. Even download films nd send it to mine. Would sneak back into his room nd place d phone exactly how i met it. Dude would wake up in d morning nd start lamenting how his phone ba3 is getting spoilt. Me go just dey one side dey tell am xay most phone ba3ries of nowadays no dey last.

Your case needs to be looked into.

From silent thief u come turn silentgroper...wahala!

14 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by smartty68(m): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
Placing your phone on a cold floor makes the battery not to drain out fast, because the floor helps regulates the phone temperature(cold).

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
Someone used your phone

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Silentgroper(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
punisha:

Your case needs to be looked into.

From silent thief u come turn silentgroper...wahala!
Lmao. Wetin man go do
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Asianjollof007: 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
Prechgold1180:
fp for wetyn are u high
LOL
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2021
DigiBandito:
Happened to me like twice. Phone was also placed on the floor. Must be some kind of static discharge
Hmmm
Though I didn't know how fast it drained as I was fast asleep but for the full battery drained before morning just like that baffled me... Perhaps that's it. Thanks for ur input.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
smartty68:
Placing your phone on a cold floor makes the battery not to drain out fast, because the floor helps regulates the phone temperature(cold).

That is another theory... But u know batteries in general get reenergize when placed on bare floor for too long.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
smartty68:

That is another theory... But u know batteries in general get de-energized when placed on bare floor for too long.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2021
Silentgroper:

It couldn't be, it's just me and my elder brother... If there were younger ones around I would suspect, besides he doesn't know my password.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by SIONKPO1(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
All Gionee S10 are rubbish: Airtime deductions,quack battery and overheating I had to change mine cause it frustrated me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
samwash:
He fit be say some unkwn forces use your phone take play game for night or chat with there fellow mate or even use ham do video call. cheesy
On a serious note I do hear stories that when you place ur phone on cement floor it do drain the battery.
: As suspected
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
SIONKPO1:
All Gionee S10 are rubbish: Airtime deductions,quack battery and overheating
I had to change mine cause it frustrated me
Perhaps all the ones u used are different ones to mine, I've never experienced all these, especially the overheating... "Airtime deduction! How so

Are u sure it's Gionee S10
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by SIONKPO1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2021
iammolise:

Perhaps all the ones u used are different ones to mine, I've never experienced all these, especially the overheating... "Airtime deduction! How so

Are u sure it's Gionee S10
Yeah I used both s10lite(3100mah) and s10B
mind you both phones run on outdate mediatek chipset and ones you are a phone presser it heats as if it wants to explode
for the SMS,it automatically sends Message ones you have airtime to the Snsales and each is #35
S series by Gionee is a total write off,I had to do away with it

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Justnice11: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
hmm
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by SporaD8: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
smartty68:
Thank you! I was about to say the same thing. If it's a warm surface, I will understand.
But cold surface, @Op, let me see... reverse peltier effect(very unlikely) could have taken place only if the phone was at high temperature when you place it on the cool surface.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
SporaD8:

Thank you! I was about to say the same thing. If it's a warm surface, I will understand.
But cold surface, @Op, let me see... reverse peltier effect(very unlikely) could have taken place only if the phone was at high temperature when you place it on the cool surface.

Okay
Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by iammolise(m): 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
SIONKPO1:

Yeah I used both s10lite(3100mah) and s10B
mind you both phones run on outdate mediatek chipset and ones you are a phone presser it heats as if it wants to explode
for the SMS,it automatically sends Message ones you have airtime to the Snsales and each is #35
S series by Gionee is a total write off,I had to do away with it
Okay I'll start looking out for these
Thanks a lot
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by BigYash: 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
smartty68:
Exactly.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
It's called centrifugal force
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Saintdan0421(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
Experienced something similar with my hp Note book laptop last 2 years. After using at night, i lazily left it on the floor (bare tiles) with about 90 something%. Woke up the next morning tried powering it as usual with the power button, it didn't turn on. So I connected my charger adapter to electricity and boom it showed "0% plugged in charging".
Thats how my laptop turned desktop, i tried diverse remedies but all failed. Went for a second hand battery laslas.
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Shellsploit: 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
Gioneee shocked
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by amrichy(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
Prechgold1180:
fp for wetyn are u high
what qualifies a post to be on FP?
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by constance500: 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
iammolise:

MODs Fp pls.
Your battery is bad.. Be ready to change it soon
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by The5DME(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2021
Check quora OP
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by jubrilcastle(m): 2:09am On Apr 02, 2021
If you recently downloaded any funny app like "live wallpapers" or screen saver app I guess you should uninstall ASAP most apps drain battery like mad. It happens to me also when I donwloaded one live wallpaper app. I have to uninstall sharply and everything came back to normal
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by rowland545(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2021
I'm currently using m6plus and I'm experiencing similar thing ..I left my phone 80% kept it on tiles and woke up 65...

The rate was too much and it started recently.... I think my ba3 is getting faulty bcus I normally keep my phone on bare tiles when I want to sleep and this issue started like a week ago... It drains fast and takes 4hours+ to reach a complete charge
Re: Has Anyone Experience This With Their Phone Before??? by Offpoint1: 8:47am On Apr 02, 2021
Mine didn't happened specifically, It happened to me. I slept on tiles and when I woke up the next morning I was so drained and had body pain all over. So, op... If floor could drain me, how much more your phone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Tired Of Using Your Old Bb Pin ? Learn How To Generator A New Bb PIN / Skype Nigeria (contact Exchange) / Which Good Smathphone Can I Get Within This Price Range?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.