Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? (15661 Views)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / 7 Must-see Places In Eastern Nigeria / My Journey To Hiding Places In Nigeria(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by zankey(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2007
Truely I don't think we have such places in Lagos, But like someone mention Unilag Lagoon front is good have been there with my spouse once, then A Garden some where in Alausa, Ikeja the place is nice but not well kept.

Then I will like to advice our upcoming and existing entreprenues to start investing in this area.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Esss(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
I think alot of people have offered you some nice places. Now you can also try the following;

1. Take your babe on a molue ride. Just sit back enjoy the ride, with all the cocroaches and rats running around you (nature), hawkers and preaches surrounding you, the ever present smell of filth and urine mixed with body odor and sweat. The anticipation of break failure and the excitement of jumping off while the bus is still in motion. Its like a ride at an amusement park.
2. Or take an Okada ride. Just the two of you on one okada plus the okadaman (very romantic). Imagine the wind in hair, other car overtaking you, the okadaman swerving in and out of traffic, police taking their 20naira at every checkpoint, hawkers surrounding you at every red light, taking in the fresh smell of waste and exhaust fumes mixed with the aroma of the okadamans shirt and body odor and dont forget the ever present thrill of falling off/having an accident and dying at any moment (with the one you love by your side). Wow!

And they said Nigerians are not romantic. rubbish
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by ikamefa(f): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2007
Esss:

I think alot of people have offered you some nice places. Now you can also try the following;

1. Take your babe on a molue ride. Just sit back enjoy the ride, with all the cocroaches and rats running around you (nature), hawkers and preaches surrounding you, the ever present smell of filth and urine mixed with body odor and sweat. The anticipation of break failure and the excitement of jumping off while the bus is still in motion. Its like a ride at an amusement park.
2. Or take an Okada ride. Just the two of you on one okada plus the okadaman (very romantic). Imagine the wind in hair, other car overtaking you, the okadaman swerving in and out of traffic, police taking their 20naira at every checkpoint, hawkers surrounding you at every red light, taking in the fresh smell of waste and exhaust fumes mixed with the aroma of the okadamans shirt and body odor and don't forget the ever present thrill of falling off/having an accident and dying at any moment (with the one you love by your side). Wow!

And they said Nigerians are not romantic. rubbish

shocked huh? " grin "
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Obirin0521: 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2007
grin Lord have mercy! After a hard day at work, it seems nothing works like Nairaland as a fast picker upper! I go die OOO!

Enitan - Seriously, you've been offered great and not so sterling advice,what more do you require? May I suggest a leisurely stroll during which you really listen to her, around either Unilag or one of the other campuses where your physical safety is guaranteed. End it with a picnic specially packed by you with a good bottle or two of wine. after which, you deliver your Sweetie safely home. A woman loves to feel appreciated, heard and cared for, all needs you would have met with this simple romantic gesture.

Married men take note too! Give her a day off from the stew pot. Good luck all.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by babadee(m): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2007
a picnic at olumo rock or any of the water falls on this zone of the country, an inexpensive and thoughtfull way to show her she's appreciated
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by kaydee(m): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2007
Whispering Palms and the whole of Badagry is romantic enough.

Check that place out.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2007
@ all,
thanks for all your contributions, i really appreciate them all.
but i still need more places,
i was told there's a park somewhere anthony busstop, along Ikorodu Rd, plan to check that this coming saturday,
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by lafile(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2007
kaydee:

Whispering Palms and the whole of Badagry is romantic enough.

Check that place out.

Yes but the road that takes you there, the Lagos badagry express way, is like a ride in hell. una waist go don break before u reach the place.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Mu(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2007
I reason that the truly secluded spots or romantic getaways must be a bit difficult to reach or a somewhat guarded secret, because I trust that if it were the opposite, it will be overrun with too many people and the problems that follow crowds e.g. hawkers, etc.

I will look into this Badagry. Probably go there first before taking her.

Thanks
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Elizabeth(f): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2007
Alausa Garden @ Secretariat! so lovely and quiet.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by numbers: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2007
I will be your tour guide.trust me with the best settings.I go for the best places,just have good cash and a comfortable ride and I'll show you where to be. ;Dkidding

Try planet one VIP bar on a day its not rowdy or sheraton bar.

live the good life run with the big dogs.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by babadee(m): 1:14am On Jul 11, 2007
Elizabeth:

Alausa Garden @ Secretariat! so lovely and quiet.
Wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you cant be serious.
numbers:

I will be your tour guide.trust me with the best settings.I go for the best places,just have good cash and a comfortable ride and I'll show you where to be. ;Dkidding

Try planet one VIP bar on a day its not rowdy or sheraton bar.

live the good life run with the big dogs.

being romantic and having a nice time with your lady doesnt mean running with the big dogs you doofus!
i bet you run with mice and not even pups!
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Elizabeth(f): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2007
Babadee am serious,just try the place and see.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by angel101(f): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2007
u guys are too funny
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by lagoshost(m): 12:20am On Jul 12, 2007
Christ Embassy - Oregun is a very good place to go to. I like it mostly when Pastor Chris is in town.

I suggest you try there.

Bye, smiley
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2007
lagoshost:

Christ Embassy - Oregun is a very good place to go to. I like it mostly when Pastor Chris is in town.

I suggest you try there.

Bye, smiley

you're talking like a person who's about to 'expire'

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by onome02(f): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2007
it depends on ur income bros u could try a few expensive restaurants, and i dont mean mama put or iya basira, it could be chinese, italian or brazilian wink
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by thegame(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2007
Guess you guys on this post are just clowns. By the way, i have been searching for romantic places to take my girl to alsdo but i end up going to restaurants or just stay at home and talk on phone but mainlky restaurants. My idea is make her lunch or dinner and make her understand. All these so called laces overcharge you. FOR WHAT?
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Kave(m): 1:05am On Jul 15, 2007
hey Try the galleria - silverbird.

t's nice . just go near the step, and give ur girl the kiss of her life. No body's gonna say nortin ,
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Axiomlogic(m): 12:38am On Jul 17, 2007
THe boy no get money,small boi level wey gbenga say make hin do hin no fit,if hin get money make hin carry hin baby go caverton and hire chopper for a panoramic view of eko,after make hin sail from tazhan jetty go wande's place @ the la campaigne tropicana,stay over night and sail again to Ologoro island on the fringes of Benin republic.
If hin fit do am then hin baby no leave 4 life
hin think say romantic place na 4 mouth
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Prince22(m): 1:32am On Jul 17, 2007
hi guys, let us be serious for ones, why attacking that guy with oyinbo life? if you have ever been abroad, u will understand he is asking a nice question that suppose to be part of life after a stressful working days, u can just take ur time with ur house wife/husband/love ones to a different enviroment.

Try it, u will enjoy it.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by bebe2007(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2007
Couldnt stop laughing grin grin grin some people here can crack someone. The truth dear Poster is that LAGOS (of all places) does not have a romantic place/park. People never see place to sleep na to make park!!!!!!!!!!!  only nice joints you go see or beach. Gbenga_9ja gave you some really kool places. You should be grateful to him. Try those places ok and save your gal the hassles. I personally do not see the beach as romantic, not one to stay for more than an hour at most. Its boring!!!!! but i love those Bars Gbenga_9ja mentioned. For the mainland try
LONDONERS, PLANET ONE, SHERATON (these are my best). or METRO PARK, LA CHOCHETTE (for pple that like noise)

Well if you insist on the park, take a flight to Abuja and go to Millenium Park. It could be well worth it grin grin  There are some resorts (Delta state, Cross river, Pleautu, Bauchi, etc) but they are all out of lagos so what do you do?

Better still, cook her dinner at home (candle light) with soft R & B music playing in the background, Cool surroundings you know, a lot more might happen!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Millionair(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2007
Every part of Lagos is actually Romantic. It all depends on your pocket. IF you have the money, the village can even be romantic.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by minto(m): 1:41am On Jul 28, 2007
Millionair:

Every part of Lagos is actually Romantic. It all depends on your pocket. IF you have the money, the village can even be romantic.

Even under Ojuelegba bridge? grin grin grin
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by smile4kenn(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2007
Millionair:

you are right
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2007
NAIRALAND will never cease to amuse me,
well thanks all for your contribution
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by trendy(f): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2007
Ajegunle cheesy
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by walenchy11: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2007
Book your US visa appointment for just N15,000 within 1 week. Leave your information now pay when we secure appointment for you. Above price is negotiable if you are booking more than 3 appointment. Mail me if you are interested at olofintuade@gmail.com.

For Nigerians only
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by carpenter(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2007
Does anyone know the website for la campaigne tropicana. I need to check them out.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by toba1909(m): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2007
If you stay around Egbeda, try APPROFYN, CORNER CAFE & RED HOT BARBECUE.All along Akowonjo road.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by hajifaty: 1:36am On Sep 07, 2007
Enitan dont mind Silly and others they are all funny guys. Why dont you come to over to Shanghai and get a romantic memory with your lover. Since over govt has never laid such foundation for it citizn.
Re: Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? by remiawo: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2008
Hi Guys,

I was not meant to come up with this epistle of mine but I wouldn't like once-in-a-while fun seekers like myself fall in the same pit like I and some friends did. I came across this topic and someone mentioned the name I didn't want to see or hear, La Campaigne Tropicana.

Foreword
I once tried being romantic and decided to take my fiancee. Alongside a couple of friends, we went on a day trip to the La Campaigne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ikegun, Lagos.

Perhaps the best time one would get to have some fun was the last 2008 Easter holidays, a muslim holiday on Wednesday, Good Friday and the following Monday as Easter. We thus deemed it nice to embark on the "trip of our lives". If you need some real frustrating argumentative adventure, I would recommend La Campaigne Tropicana, Ikegun. Else, employ a lawyer to prepare duly signed "Terms and Conditions" on payment fo the prescibed fees (be ready they would say they are doing you favour even afterwards).

I must tell you the experience was really bitter and sad for what I had thought was my last hope. Their website was quite lovely but far from what was on ground. Organisation, coordination, customer friendly are all "NIL", "ZERO".

Introduction
Ikegun is about 60km from Lekki, took some 1 hr 15mins @ 120km/hr for a substantial travel time to get there, good road though. i had to remember the long bad road I travelled from Port-harcourt after this "trip of our lives".

Here is what the website says as of today:

Day Visits:-

N 2, 000 per adult N 500 per child (Without meals)
N 5, 000 per adult N 1, 000 per child (Meals inclusive)
(Games inclusive in the above charges)

We made enquiries from one Femi (08068648091, who turned out to be our contact person, the main Culprit) and made a group booking for 13 visitors @ 5,000 naira each (Through a Skye bank account belonging to the Reasort - Don't start to think we were duped by one tout).

Gosh! I should have known! The website is just a bait. The phone numbers ain't working (08052227226, 08052226226), the e-mail (wanle@lacampagne.org) also isn't working. The direction is in fact deceptive making you think it's just a few minutes from Ozumba Mbadiwe.

Situation
The welcome snack was supposed to be some lovely "dundu" (fried yams), "dodo" (fried plantains) and "akara" (bean cake). What we got instead were some woody stuff, prepared a day before I thought. We overlooked this hoping for better things to come, little did we know that was the last thing were going to feed-on for the whoel day.

While we chatted over the "woods", a rude "rasta" representing The Resort purpotedly welcomed us. There was a small brawl over his utterances and once again the records were set stright adn we moved on. We should have seen the handwrting of things to go bad on the wall but we never thought the resort would descend so low contrary to the international status (my foot) they claim.

We were quick to get into our swimming gear ready to unleash the fun. Once by the pool, "an overseer" strangely and contrary to booking agreements, demanded 1,000 naira each from us. it took us some 45 minutes to get "Mr Femi" instruct them that we had paid a "forfait" (an all comprising fee). Can you imagine one of the "overseers" threatening to seize the balls we played with in the pool because someone kicked it back in without rinsing. Come to think of it, we weren't looking like kids, better for me at least I don't have heavy beards but quite hurting to one of our friends who put him right (the power of women). Maybe we also made a mistake by not asking him to be the "ball boy/man". We despite the odds managed to catch some selves-made fun.

We made attempts to do the "hydrobiking" (some form of riding bicycle on the lagoon), yet again we were asked to pay some 500 naira. They even had the guts to tell us that thier bikes were non-functional and we would have to make do with hand-paddled, human energy-propelled canoe. We called Mr Femi, who initially pretended not to understand what wew were saying. later on he resorted to cutting us off each time placed the call to him. We demamded to see this Mr Femi (for the first time, needless seeing his ugly face if agreed terms had been adhered to). Trying to see him took us some 1 hour (by this time it was past 3 pm. Pls in mind we had not had the "meal inclusive", and of course some 2 hours we at least needed to return to our individual homes).

Mr Femi claimed he was doing us a favour for the advertised rates, the civilization in me prevented me from strangling him and putting him into my "nap sack". Maybe my finacee would not have agreed to be my wife had I done that.

We eventually got him and claimed to be in a meeting with the Commissioner for Tourism in Lagos State. I was later to find out there was Ministry as such in Lagos State (except someone, not elected by Mr Babtunde Raji Fashola, has been posing around in that capacity). The nearest existing institution is the parastatal Lagos State Waterfront & Tourism Development Corporation.

Our (three representatives) arguments with him attracted the attention of another official of the resort who claimed to be the Manager (when asked what capacity he was speaking with us, he said "I manage here"wink. By this time, our other friends were also attracted to the spot. We in fact dememnded to see Femi's "Commissioner for Tourism", if we are being treated the way tourists to Lagos State are expected to me treated.

Following the failure to keep to the contract, we demanded a complete refund and "The Manager" laughed. At this time it was almost 4 pm and they were offering us all the activities we were due for. He was later insultive enough to offer us 500 naira each (wonder what he was thinking, beggars!, don't worry that is what he will make of you too when you vist). He would not be polite until I started recording the drama on video (to stand as evidence against him when I get enough money sue the resort. Consumer Protection Council (08056003030, 08056002020, 0952303423, 092730949, info@cpcnigeria.com, cpcnigeria@yahoo.co.uk) in the course of being notified). Their comportment were more like "you are at our mercy, if you don't collect the 500 naira, you will be stranded here, afterall nothing will happen if we don't make any refund)

Seeing the shameful act displayed by "The Manager" and Mr Femi, a tourist (working with a foremost fianance house in Nigeria, as he presented us his card afterwards) offered to pay us a cheque equivalent to half of the sum we paid (32,500 naira). He appealed to us to accept his gesture.

Realising what this meant to another customer (maybe different from us cos he was a top end client), they beckoned onto him not to refund the money as they offered to pay us. They were however only able to refund 30,000 naira.

Where in Nigeria do you pay 2,500 naira for swimming and eating some "woody dundu, ikpekere and akara? (Akara Osu is still sold at 20 naira). Now I realised were really slapped, perhaps one of the last to be treated as such as I take-up this crusade against them.

Submission
beside theorganisational attitude of the management of the resort, facilities at the resort are far below standard being touted on their website. Shower bathrooms are awful, only one dysfunctional swimming pool shower, barbecue stands are delapidated and useless (packed with all kinds of rubbish), you could be electrocuted by bare live wires under the play tents, grasses are not watered, swimming dirty and appeared not disinfected. We even had a look at their "kitchen" while looking for the cunny Mr Femi, it was a sore to my eyes.

At the mention of the name La Campaigne Tropicana, Ikegun, Lagos, be wise as " a frontline that falls into a pit, teaches those coming behind a lesson".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boarding A Taxi In Lagos? Read This / Profiling The Beauty Of Lagos: The Sights And The Sounds / Flights Resumption: No More VIP Consideration At Airports - Sirika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.