Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,772 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? (512 Views)

Omg ! Check Out The New Jonathan Noodles / Breaking New; Jonathan's Government Is Corrupt -they Want Change / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by Blackteeth(m): 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
I think we shouldn't use the period Jonthan has spent on the seat of power so far to asses his forthcoming performance after this elections. Understandably, he had to make sure that his actions or inactions will not jeopardize his chances at the polls. We can't expect him to unleash the bulldog at the corrupt figures out there prematurely before the elections, that will be suicide. Am pretty sure the previous decisions he took was greatly influenced by his desire to win the elections, this includes the billions spent on the nation's 50th aniversary, the explosion in size and cost of individuals running his government, the wastage in the creation of new varsties and etc. Let me believe that these actions somehow eventually served their purpose of getting him elected. I don't mind for now if Jonathan spent ''N10 trillion'' of public funds for his election, only if he makes sure that the amount was an investment on the masses behalf which should yield 1000 percent return on investment in the form of improved standard of living for Nigerians.
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
Blackteeth:

I think we shouldn't use the period Jonthan has spent on the seat of power so far to asses his forthcoming performance after this elections. Understandably, he had to make sure that his actions or inactions will not jeopardize his chances at the polls. We can't expect him to unleash the bulldog at the corrupt figures out there prematurely before the elections, that will be suicide. Am pretty sure the previous decisions he took was greatly influenced by his desire to win the elections, this includes the billions spent on the nation's 50th aniversary, the explosion in size and cost of individuals running his government, the wastage in the creation of new varsties and etc. Let me believe that these actions somehow eventually served their purpose of getting him elected. I don't mind for now if Jonathan spent ''N10 trillion'' of public funds for his election, only if he makes sure that the amount was an investment on the masses behalf which should yield 1000 percent return on investment in the form of improved standard of living for Nigerians.

smh

it would be nice if you applied this sort of bizarre logic if you were the chairman of a company and your ceo designate wasted company funds lobbying for the position
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
oyb:

smh

it would be nice if you applied this sort of bizarre logic if you were the chairman of a company and your ceo designate wasted company funds lobbying for the position
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by DisGuy: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
pretty much like saying the PDP should not be judged based on the little 12 democratic rule we've had

if anything it might be worse, he now OWES a lot of people, a lot of people lost out during this elections especially in the SW- thoe people are still in the PDP and Jonathan didnt give 2 hoots about them wining, now its either he compensate them like he has with anenih.alams and co or he withers everywhere he turns in the PDP,

you have to remember he is still a weakling in the PDP, prior to this the main opposition in the National Assembly came from within, it wont take much for the CPC, ACN and co to get some more PDP members on their side during otherwise easier process like nominees and (loans for the boys)
so he will be on another lau lau spending spree

Jonathan's idea to opposition has always been to throw money at issues, in his quest to get things done instead of yanking DGs and ministers from their post he just signs more and more contract even though they have been allocated in the previous administration, and a deal with Tinubu doesnt come cheap dining with him is not a short term partnership either- more money, more post and even greasy deals will have to be done to hang on to that seat
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by ndigbo: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
So long GEJ is still a PDP member, i don't foresee any change in the way he has governed this nation in the past months. My fingers are crossed. Nothing good can come out of PDP. It's business as usual.
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by Blazay(m): 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
Is he not a Nigerian?
What kind of changes are you expecting? undecided
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by EkoIle1: 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
Blackteeth:

Good point, but you still can not excuse or justify corruption, crookedness and incometency under any kind of rational standard.

oyb:

smh

And a great reply,
Re: Will There Be A Post-election Brand New Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
ndigbo:

So long GEJ is still a PDP member, i don't foresee any change in the way he has governed this nation in the past months. My fingers are crossed. Nothing good can come out of PDP. It's business as usual.

PDP has nothing to do with his record in Office. It only served to enable his kind to remain in office. The man has been working in government 12 years already and not a single Bridge or road to his name,

(1) (Reply)

Vp, Bakare, Nuhu,momodu,shekare Lost Because Nigerian Did Not Want One Nigeria / Why Cry Over Spoilt Milk? / The Northern Muslims And The Other Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.