Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,082 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Closed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Closed (1297 Views)

Akwa Ibom Begins Onions Cultivation (Photos) / I Have Reasonable Bags Of Onions For Sale In Sokoto / Onions For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed by Tohsynetita1: 3:51am On Apr 02, 2021
storage ?
Re: Closed by Malubi(m): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2021
Good
Re: Closed by oluwatosin88: 6:56am On Apr 02, 2021
How do we go about this sire,

WhatsApp: 09022627002

1 Like

Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 02, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
storage ?
yes they do store onions
Re: Closed by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2021
This is the right time to take advantage of the season. If you're in dought check back this post 3 months after.
Re: Closed by 2special(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Interested, Can you tell me about how to store onions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2021
2special:
Interested, Can you tell me about how to store onions
All that is needed is the onions should be kept inside a material that allows proper air circulation like in a mesh bag/ jute bag, open-mesh nets plastic sack, basket or in a crate. It can then be stored in a garage, warehouse or in a suitable room.

It should be preferably stored between a temperature of 4o Celsius and 10° Celsius. This is just above fridge temperature and below room temperature.

Again, onions pick up moisture easily, so it should be stored in a dark, well ventilated dry room devoid of moisture and humidity to avoid rotting.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Closed by 2special(m): 10:51am On Apr 03, 2021
jackslow:
All that is needed is the onions should be kept inside a material that allows proper air circulation like in a mesh bag/ jute bag, open-mesh nets plastic sack, basket or in a crate. It can then be stored in a garage, warehouse or in a suitable room.

It should be preferably stored between a temperature of 4o Celsius and 10° Celsius. This is just above fridge temperature and below room temperature.

Again, onions pick up moisture easily, so it should be stored in a dark, well ventilated dry room devoid of moisture and humidity to avoid rotting.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Closed by Attit: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
jackslow:

Presently, outside temp even at night is more than 26C. And during the day, it gets to 37C. I am trying to get it how you will get 4C to 10C. How will jute bags reduce to this range of temperature? I mean, if we can easily do this, oga....we will not have wahala in our homes again. Our tomato and other vegetables will not get spoit. Do you know what you are even saying?

Outside is 37C and you want to reduce inside to 4C to 10C .....and all you can think of is this. Mehn! You arent talking to "mumu" here. A beg explain very well bro or I will official ask readers to disregard all the nonsense above and just ditch you. Move 37C to average of 7C is what you want to use June bag for. Lol. And you call it just slightly above our fridge temp. Yes, it is...but do you really understand it?
Re: Closed by Attit: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
2special:
Thanks
Do not thank him yet. Don't. He is saying rubbish. Absolute rubbish. If he knows the energy involved in doing this, then he will not just say rubbish.. if there is a method, he better say it...not the nonsense he wrote above. Move above 30C to 7C with the useless nonsense he wrote? Dont ever thank him yet. Let him explain well. Try that nonsense and all your onions will rot in your eyes within 3 days I assure you. They will melt down in your eyes. Try it.

4 Likes

Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Attit:

Presently, outside temp even at night is more than 26C. And during the day, it gets to 37C. I am trying to get it how you will get 4C to 10C. How will jute bags reduce to this range of temperature? I mean, if we can easily do this, oga....we will not have wahala in our homes again. Our tomato and other vegetables will not get spoit. Do you know what you are even saying?

Outside is 37C and you want to reduce inside to 4C to 10C .....and all you can think of is this. Mehn! You arent talking to "mumu" here. A beg explain very well bro or I will official ask readers to disregard all the nonsense above and just ditch you. Move 37C to average of 7C is what you want to use June bag for. Lol. And you call it just slightly above our fridge temp. Yes, it is...but do you really understand it?
Ilthe paragraph Stated the prepared the temperature.

If I have been saying nonsense the ground is open for you that makes sense.

You want to command every one to ditch my idea and move, thank you commander in chief. Well nairaland is not our terget market we are constantly supplying to Mile 12 every weekend, and arena shopping complex as well, I only broght an idea to Nl for those that may want to explore it, more than 90% of the onion sold in South are brought from the North even during raining season and we don't use any social machine for storage so I don't know why you think it need alot of power
Re: Closed by Attit: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
jackslow:
Ilthe paragraph Stated the prepared the temperature.

If I have been saying nonsense the ground is open for you that makes sense.

You want to command every one to ditch my idea and move, thank you commander in chief. Well nairaland is not our terget market we are constantly supplying to Mile 12 every weekend, and arena shopping complex as well, I only broght an idea to Nl for those that may want to explore it, more than 90% of the onion sold in South are brought from the North even during raining season and we don't use any social machine for storage so I don't know why you think it need alot of power
Stop deceiving yourself. Vegetables are from farm to market from the north, and it's why there is so much wastage. If there is a means to store, there'll be less scarcity in market when farmers arent producing. Stop making a no.nsense of yourself. We aren't illiterate here. I'm not commanding anyone to ditch you and your pranky idea. It is common sense which will tell them to kick you away. What you intend doing will be revealed soon. The way Nigerians mastermind scams, one just wonder which kind of specie live in the nation. If Nairaland is not your targeted area, and you cannot say the truth as it is, then leave. Stop making a foo.l of yourself. Imagine he thinks I'm saying what he is doing needs power. Lol. I'm telling you what you suggested is impossible and that you have something else in mind. And you and what you have in mind should buzz off. You arent writing for illiterates...we have sense here. Go and continue your system the way you want. Common sense tells us it doesn't work. Move 37C to 7C with jute bag, baskets and crates. Head dey pain you. Buzz off!

If you want to really make people get serious with you, let us see your cold room and explain. Get a thermometer and show us outside temp and inside temp of your so called cold room. And show us the temp inside your jute box, basket or crates. You think say we dey stupid here? I want to see the magic you use to move 37C to 7C without power and how you store bags of onions. Show us where you store just100 bags, baskets, or crates. Please show us with evidence...let us see the temp readings. Otherwise, I'm telling you.....buzz off!!!

2 Likes

Re: Closed by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Attit:

Stop deceiving yourself. Vegetables are from farm to market from the north, and it's why there is so much wastage. If there is a means to store, there'll be less scarcity in market when farmers arent producing. Stop making a no.nsense of yourself. We aren't illiterate here. I'm not commanding anyone to ditch you and your pranky idea. It is common sense which will tell them to kick you away. What you intend doing will be revealed soon. The way Nigerians mastermind scams, one just wonder which kind of specie live in the nation. If Nairaland is not your targeted area, and you cannot say the truth as it is, then leave. Stop making a foo.l of yourself. Imagine he thinks I'm saying what he is doing needs power. Lol. I'm telling you what you suggested is impossible and that you have something else in mind. And you and what you have in mind should buzz off. You arent writing for illiterates...we have sense here. Go and continue your system the way you want. Common sense tells us it doesn't work. Move 37C to 7C with jute bag, baskets and crates. Head dey pain you. Buzz off!

If you want to really make people get serious with you, let us see your cold room and explain. Get a thermometer and show us outside temp and inside temp of your so called cold room. And show us the temp inside your jute box, basket or crates. You think say we dey stupid here? I want to see the magic you use to move 37C to 7C without power and how you store bags of onions. Show us where you store just100 bags, baskets, or crates. Please show us with evidence...let us see the temp readings. Otherwise, I'm telling you.....buzz off!!!
you lack understanding
Re: Closed by Attit: 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
jackslow:
you lack understanding
You first get knowledge before reaching the level of understanding. You lack basic principles not to talk to deep knowledge. An amateur marketer trying to use fast one on people talks about understanding. SMH. Try another method. Get knowledge first. Next show wisdom and apply acquired knowledge wisely. Then, you can make comments on understanding. You are a kid who doesnt understand the meaning of the sentence you made. Therefore......Buzz Off!!!
Re: Closed by Deasegun19(m): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
man just wanna sell his onions. Explain how the temp will drop to 7°c without cold storage. u no dey naija ni

1 Like

Re: Closed by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 07, 2021
Deasegun19:
man just wanna sell his onions. Explain how the temp will drop to 7°c without cold storage. u no dey naija ni
the statement says preparably
Re: Closed by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2021
Now selling 14k per bag

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid Pig's And Piglets For Sale. Location Is Benue State / Agriculture In Nigeria Today / 4 Drums Of Pko Available For Sale .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.