Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper (1363 Views)

I Was Almost Bitten By This Puff Adder In My Corn Farm In Kaduna (Pictures) / Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) / The Big Gaboon Viper Killed In My Farm Yesterday (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by SilvanusII(m): 6:27am On Oct 08, 2022
On Friday, a Twitter user @fisherwomanhub raised a cry for help to netizens on behalf of her colleague who had been bitten by a Gaboon viper. In a series of tweets, she narrated how the man, living in Epe, had tried to kill the snake that had crawled into his room, and may have been bitten SIX times.
The Gaboon viper is a generally docile, but highly venomous snake, with the longest fangs in West Africa delivering enough venom in one bite to kill a human, perhaps because it doesn't release its victim. The venom is cytotoxic - it kills cells
Luckily, the person is reported to be doing better and under observation.
This reminds us of the dangers of not having our health centers equipped with anti-venin kits, especially in farming communities in rural areas and developing areas where humans encroach into their habitats. Just last week, there had been a reports of a python kill in Ikorodu.

CC @lalasticlala
@Ishilove
@Semid4lyfe

1 Share

Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2022
terrible
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by justicechichex: 6:51am On Oct 08, 2022
Bitten six times!! God help us biko.
The way I detest that slithering creature eh embarassed
Make we no dey suffer bad govt, still dey suffer all this ones mbok. Thank goodness he's slowly recovering..

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by dawnomike(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2022
When bitten by a snake...The first thing is to get help immediately. Not tryjng to kill the snake.
He is very lucky the hospital had an anti-venom at hand

Glad he is stable now... He is a diehard fella

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by GOFRONT(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2022
See what Lalasticlala has caused now.......Uncle Lala you see??

Anyway, how are your two lovely baby snakes doing?? grin grin
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by Urheadmaster(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2022
dawnomike:
When bitten by a snake...The first thing is to get help immediately. Not tryjng to kill the snake.

Remind me of the day snake bite one of my guy while we were on an inspection on site

You need to see the way all of japa carrying him along

One small boy later came and murder the snake alone ooo shocked

Very long and venomous snake at that.

Thank God my guy made it at last.

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by Buharidgeneral: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2022
There's serious ooo

Soonest recovery

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2022
dawnomike:

Most times it is good to kill the snake so doctors would know how to treat the person. I wish the dude quick recovery.
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
He shouldn't have allowed it happened six times. Well, here in my place is for him to b treated using herbs. And he won't eat beans nd take his bath for 7 days.
Finally, he should thank his star dat d snake wasn't buttered into pieces. E for bad for him.
Quick recovery.
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by Augla1: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
I don't mean to be mean though, but don't be surprised this guy just landed Himself in the hospital because he is looking for front page content in Nairaland.
Lala, may be you did this !
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by 9182736455O1999(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
ObiaboAdoka:
He shouldn't have allowed it happened six times. Well, here in my place is for him to b treated using herbs. And he won't eat beans nd take his bath for 7 days.
Finally, he should thank his star dat d snake wasn't buttered into pieces. E for bad for him.
Quick recovery.
What would have happened if the snake was butchered into pieces.

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by TANID(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
first thing to do as his friend is to pepper soup that snake
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by ObiaboAdoka(m): 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
[quote author=9182736455O1999 post=117381948]
What would have happened if the snake was butchered into pieces.[/quote)
His chance of survival bcums slim cus d d snake venom scatter in him.
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by SilvanusII(m): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wait, WHAT grin grin grin grin grin

[quote author=ObiaboAdoka post=117388856][/quote]
Re: Fish Farmer Bitten By Gaboon Viper by SincereBigot: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
gaboon viper just plenty anyhow for epe

(1) (Reply)

I Visited The Biggest Tomato And Pepper Farming In Nigeria, Rivers State Watch / Tips On How To Obtain Agriculture Loan Anywhere / Sell Your Moringa Seeds Directly To A Chinese Buyer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.