Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? (277 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection?

It's the power of His death!

I've heard a lot being made about the power of His resurrection, but that I believe was probably the easiest thing that Jesus had to do while He was on Earth, because His resurrection in my opinion was more like the stage of harvesting the fruits of one's labor, rather than that of sowing which is the stage of laboring.

And it was more like the stage where a woman gets to carry her new born child, the fruit of her labor, than that of being pregnant for nine full months, added to pains she had to endure to birth the child, which is yet the stage of laboring.

I also see the resurrection of Jesus as more of a victory lap or parade, after the race or the battle/war has already been won.

That's because while Jesus was here on Earth everything else seemed to be easy breezy and within His control and ability, such as the weather, death, sicknesses, deformities, the seas, the devils, etc., as He didn't seem to need any extra help.

But it was only when it came to accomplishing the purpose for which He was sent to the Earth, which was to die for man's sins, that His ability appeared to be stretched to the limit, and proved to be His greatest test yet while He was on Earth. As Jesus Himself said:

"Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour." John 12:27 (KJV)

So despite knowing that was reason for which He came to that hour, the reason for coming to that hour troubled Him greatly, to the extent that the thought of asking to be saved from that hour became of a thing of consideration to Him.

Moreover while Jesus was known to be someone that usually prayed alone, this was the first time where He sought prayer partners, even those who would join Him in prayers for that purpose, as it was said:

Matthew 26:37-38 (KJV) 

And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Now this was the first time Jesus said "watch with me" to any other human being. And the entails of His prayer on that particular occasion perfectly illustrated the extent to which He was troubled, as it was said:

Luke 22:41-44 (KJV) 

And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

I think all these should more than suffice to depict how difficult it was for Jesus to die for the sins of mankind. It was the most difficult thing He had to accomplish while He was yet on Earth.

And the more difficult a task is, the more strength, force or power is required to surmount it, hence the power Jesus needed to accomplish His death was more than that which He required for His resurrection.

The reason most are not able to comprehend the extent of the accomplishment of Jesus in the respect of His death, is that they misinterpret it to be a normal death, in other words the death of someone who was born with the nature of sin, inherited from Adam, which would be normal and not be something unusual.

But that's where they get it completely wrong, because this was a different kind of death, the first ever of its kind, where a man who was born without that sinful nature and the consequence of sin which is death, and hence yet had eternal life, yet having to die.

This is what many don't know hence why they're not are not able to comprehend the nature of His death, and therefore the unprecedented amount of difficulty He faced to be able to accomplish it, because nobody has ever been in His shoes before having to die such a death. 

But the Earth upon which He accomplished the unprecedented feat knew the significance and hence bore witness, as this was the Earth's reaction to the death of Jesus:

Matthew 27:50-53(KJV)

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Now this was the was reaction that greeted the accomplishment of the most difficult task He ever had to execute while He was yet on Earth.

First it was the veil of the temple even House of God at the time, that ripped into two from the top to the bottom, which signalled the end of God's presence on the Earth being restricted to the four walls of a building, as the death of Jesus had accomplished the release of His Spirit from within the veil in the temple to beyond the veil, and to all the ends of the Earth.

Then there was the quaking of the Earth, and renting of the rocks, which appears to be what Jesus meant when He said "the rocks would immediately cry out"(Luke 19:40) as they had to bear witness of His accomplishment of that most difficult task, via His death. 

And then lastly, yeah, the opening of the graves, and the literal instance of the dry bones being resurrected from the dead, as the extent of the power of His death had made the dry bones of many of the saints to live again, and they were said to have appeared to many after His resurrection.

And oh! That I may know the power of His death, that had the ability to rip the veil of the temple into two from the top to the bottom, and hence take the fullness of God's presence from within the veil of the temple to beyond the veil!

Oh! That I may know the power of His death that was able to make the Earth quake
and the rocks to cry out!

Oh! That I may know the power of His death that had the ability to make the dry bones to live again!

Oh! That I may know the power of His death that was able to break the chains of sin and condemnation, and brought man eternal life!

[b]Oh! That I may know the power of His death, that would make Jesus at the point of His death, that's even before His resurrection, declare that "It is finished!"
John 19:30 (KJV)

Therefore it was already finished even before His resurrection, because the purpose for which He came to the Earth, and to that hour, had accomplished by His death.

I very well understand that death was not a very human friendly subject, because of the tragedy it represents. Then there is also the aspect of it being considered as a failure, especially when someone loses his life under such a circumstance. 

Therefore just as the saying goes, "failure is an orphan", so many do not find the death of Jesus an accomplishment worth identifying with.

So it's understandable why many would rather be associated with Christ resurrection than His death, as it's observed as a success and the victorious aspect of Jesus accomplishment, hence the many fathers it has in that respect.

However from that saying of Jesus that "it is finished" at the point of His death, coupled with the unprecedented extent of power that waw released in the process, proved that His death was His greatest accomplishment while He was on Earth, even much greater than His resurrection.

And oh! That I may know the power of His death!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by SisterFire(f): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2021
Amún Ra 's power and Amún téæmøs power is greater my dear
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2021
SisterFire:

"Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men." Matthew 16:23 Matthew 16:23
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by obonujoker(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2021
SisterFire:

Psalm 62:11... "Once did God speak, and twice have we heard, that all power belongs to God.

After Jesus resurrection, see what he said.

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Finally a song we normally sing, "I will lift my banner higher, Satan has no power",

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by ItsReal: 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.

If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes,
blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His

But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!!

Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers?

Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres?

Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed?

Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed?

How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened

How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned?

How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear

And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god?

What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god!
What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it!

He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood!

Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,
weak and gaping to be breastfed!

He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in
Is this a god??!!

High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians
All of them will be held accountable for their libels

Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted
and blamed who rejects it?

Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it?

Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it?

That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it
Don’t kiss it!

The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it?
So you are one of His enemies!!

If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds

why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves,

since the grave contained your god in it?

So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes,
this is what the matter is all about.
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
obonujoker:

Psalm 62:11... "Once did God speak, and twice have we heard, that all power belongs to God.

After Jesus resurrection, see what he said.

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Finally a song we normally sing, "I will lift my banner higher, Satan has no power",
Lol! Power pass power! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
The power of His death!
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by Ahasco(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
Jesus is a myth
Re: What Is Greater Than The Power Of His Resurrection? by Sheunma: 6:15am On Apr 04, 2021
God gave up his begotten son to die for man's sin, but God didn't want his son to stay dead, so he resurrected his son only three days later, and at this moment God's son his seated right beside God in heaven alive and well.

If someone approached you in the street claiming to have not just taken a bullet in the head for you but that he also died for you three days ago, and that he only just resurrected today, what would be your reaction?

(1) (Reply)

Religion Cannot Save! Only JESUS Christ Saves / The Love Life / Islamic Group Gives Reason Pastor Adeboye’s Son Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.