Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? (11065 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / I Saw JESUS Last Night! Folks JESUS Is Coming!! / Tyson Fury First And Foremost Thank Jesus After Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:33am On Apr 17, 2022
Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection?

According to the Bible, it was a woman.

Mark 16:9-11 (KJV)

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

The woman's name was Mary Magdalene. She was the one Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection that He first sent to His church to deliver the message of His resurrection.

John 20:16-18 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

So it was a woman who preached the first Gospel in the church after the resurrection of Jesus, and it was Jesus Himself who sent her to preach it there.

Therefore anytime you hear any idea, doctrine or teaching which says that the woman ought not to speak in the church but to be silent, know that it's not of Christ, because according to the Gospels and Bible, Christ clearly permitted a woman to speak in the church, as a woman was the first person He sent to to convey the message of His resurrection to the church after He had resurrected from the dead.

Moreover, if you see a woman preaching or speaking in a church, saying that Jesus had appeared to her and sent her to deliver a message to the church, do not see it as unusual just because it's a woman and not a man, as a woman was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection and also the first He sent to preach the Gospel of His resurrection to the church.

Jesus even rebuked His church, which includes His first eleven disciples, for not believing the woman and the others He first sent to them with the Gospel of His resurrection before He physically appeared to them, to illustrate how important the message He sent her to deliver to the church was to Him.

Mark 16:14 (KJV)

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

God bless.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:36am On Apr 17, 2022

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by vibre: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2022
Was it not Paul that said women should not preach in church? Are you saying that Paul is not of God?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:47am On Apr 17, 2022
vibre:
Was it not Paul that said women should not preach in church? Are you saying that Paul is not of God?
I never said Paul was not a true apostle of Christ, but that the instruction itself did not come from Christ, because Christ clearly permitted the woman to speak in His church as proven in the passage below.

John 20:17-18 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

7 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2023
Jesus keeps sending a lot of women to preach the gospel of His kingdom to men up til this very day.

The daughters shall truly prophesy in these last days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20am On May 07, 2023
Thank you Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On Mar 31
Amen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 8:40am On Mar 31
Paul never said a woman should not preach the word of God or carry out evangelism.

What he said was that a woman should learn while in church instead of jostling for pastorship positions... Remember even the Lord Jesus has no woman amongst the 12, even amongst the 72

7 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Klington: 8:44am On Mar 31
tongue
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by gohf: 8:44am On Mar 31
Mary

A prayerful woman, is a powerful wife and mother ๐Ÿ˜Š

5 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by nathdim: 8:44am On Mar 31
Only the crooks that wrote the bible because it never happened

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Adaiobanyi1: 8:44am On Mar 31
Enjoy yourselves with this beautiful piece by me๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_8-EOL9iE?si=TPVGekOpUFTKeiLs
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Slytiger: 8:44am On Mar 31
Should be Mary Magdalene. She saw two angels first then Jesus.

4 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Leo34rf(f): 8:45am On Mar 31
Easter Sunday has been changed to Transgender day, so my bet goes to Bobrisky.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by NaijaCover(m): 8:45am On Mar 31
Happy Easter Sunday

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Pickieox(m): 8:45am On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

The woman's name was Mary Magdalene. She was the one Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection that He first sent to His church to deliver the message of His resurrection.

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

So it was a woman who preached the first Gospel in the church after the resurrection of Jesus, and it was Jesus Himself who sent her to preach it there.

Therefore anytime you hear any idea, doctrine or teaching which says that the woman ought not to speak in the church but to be silent, know that it's not of Christ, because according to the Gospels and Bible, Christ clearly permitted a woman to speak in the church, as a woman was the first person He sent to to convey the message of His resurrection to the church after He had resurrected from the dead.

Moreover, if you see a woman preaching or speaking in a church, saying that Jesus had appeared to her and sent her to deliver a message to the church, do not see it as unusual just because it's a woman and not a man, as a woman was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection and also the first He sent to preach the Gospel of His resurrection to the church.

Jesus even rebuked His church, which includes His first eleven disciples, for not believing the woman and the others He first sent to them with the Gospel of His resurrection before He physically appeared to them, to illustrate how important the message He sent her to deliver to the church was to Him.

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

God bless.

Oga rest, Jesus no exist. Bybull na folktales. Jesus story was copied from mythological gods that have been in existence before creating character of Jesus.
The world have moved pass this except Africans still dreaming of a fairytale heaven. Yeye people everywhere. All dem pastors just dey chop tithes and offerings every Sunday with their offsprings riding exotic cars but church members trekking go church.
Religion is nothing but opium of the masses.

https://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Arabk25: 8:45am On Mar 31
Tilumbu
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by gohf: 8:47am On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
I feel the prejudice is because while men were appointed to positions, Jesus didn't in our bible record appoint Mary to any office. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ People even go as far as to deny that Paul mentions a female Apostle June or so
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jamiubond009(m): 8:47am On Mar 31
grin I'm tired of these tales by moonlight stories.I dey Africa dey worry about one guy for Israel and is being forced to swallow all the cock and bull tales about his existence.When we go ever get sense ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by EreluRoz: 8:47am On Mar 31
Arabk25:
Tilumbu
Mind your mouth

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jamiubond009(m): 8:47am On Mar 31
angry
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jamiubond009(m): 8:48am On Mar 31
tongue My great grand ancestor
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by saintkeppy(m): 8:50am On Mar 31
Mary Magdalene

Woman first to see Jesus from birth, Woman first to see Jesus after resurrection, na women plenty pass for Church.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by gohf: 8:50am On Mar 31
Jokerman:
Paul never said a woman should not preach the word of God or carry out evangelism.

What he said was that a woman should learn while in church instead of jostling for pastorship positions... Remember even the Lord Jesus has no woman amongst the 12, even amongst the 72
among the 12 years but who says not among the 72?

Surely Paul said that about the bishop's position not the pastoral position. Anyway I agree with you, they can be evangelists, Philips daughters prophesied and Paul didn't ban any woman from prophesying in the church, they can also be prophetess we have examples from Mariah, Deborah to Anna
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jamiubond009(m): 8:52am On Mar 31
The guy na man about town.Women loved him like werey
saintkeppy:
Mary Magdalene

Woman first to see Jesus from birth, Woman first to see Jesus after resurrection, na women plenty pass for Church.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Ningi2020(m): 8:52am On Mar 31
You can never unseen what is not seen, the blind will forever be blind.. May the Lord almighty ๐Ÿ™ be our part to guidance.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by aliscomonaj: 8:58am On Mar 31
[What is the name of Jesus's chruch? Is it cele? Redeem? Etc make una dey play. He never died , he was risen to heaven by God almighty quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=112017989]I never said Paul was not a true apostle of Christ, but that the instruction itself did not come from Christ, because Christ clearly permitted the woman to speak in His church as proven in the passage below.

John 20:17-18 (KJV)

[/quote]
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Caleb15(m): 8:58am On Mar 31
Na one woman like dat
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Negroid001(m): 9:00am On Mar 31
All the gospel books of Jesus contradicts each other.

2 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:02am On Mar 31
I think you should be careful to make opinions, of what Jesus intended, just read the whole bible, and let it speak for itself. smiley

But you have some point, it because the bible translations may confuse us.

The silence Paul was talking about was about the need for women to conduct themselves in an orderly way.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 says

โ€œWomen should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.โ€

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Buhari4dullard: 9:02am On Mar 31
Negroid001:
All the gospel books of Jesus contradicts each other.
Funny coming from someone that the quoran can't even make up its mind over who is the 1st Muslim.

Talk about a confused book๐Ÿคฃ

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.