Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation (30558 Views)

UNILAG Professor, Duro Ajeyalemi Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / I Finally Received My 10,000 Grant From Federal Government / Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Born2conquer: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

If by unaab you mean the University of agric, then you are not being fair to unaab. Small schools like that are equivalent of faculties in well established conventional universities. So you should compare unaab to its equivalent like faculty of science or faculty of agric. in conventional universities. Interestingly, even faculty of science UNILAG is far older than unaab and don't be surprised if some Products of that faculty in UNILAG were the founding academics of unaab
Is is about how far but well, it seems you all have been underestimating that university called FUNAAB and I won’t blame y’all, it’s because the school PR is low and it’s not situated in the center of Abeokuta.

My earlier comment was related to the GRANT ish and i will still maintain my stance on the fact that FUNAAB gets more GRANT than any other university in Nigeria.

In funaab, almost all the senior lecturers got grants ! Grants is like purewater because these guys are too sound!

Go to funaab site and check the publication, even FUNAAB produced the only recognized chicken breed in Nigeria which is FUNAAB alpha.

Do you know about the west africa CAVAA project? Bill gate and melinda grant is something almost all the senior lecturers and all professors have gotten.
If yoh have a doubt, search KOLA ADEBAYO.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Shikena(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Jman06:
Like I mentioned before, I wouldn't state people's names here or reveal more details about their grants since they didn't publicize it themselves.
But if you insist my claim is false, that's akin to saying that only unilag's academics are capable of winning research grants, and you know that's not true!
Don't mind them. Even me that I just won N1trillion naira in research grant I didn't announce it and used it judiciously until I woke up in the morning grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Shikena(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
Factshunter:
Don't be funny now, please!!!

Why come out in the first place to discuss them or talk about them when you knew from the start that, when asked to prove your claim you'll fail woefully or wouldn't provide it?

In a sane and expose society, it's not done, please!
Pls be lenient, some of us can't help ourselves with misyarns oh grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Shikena(m): 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Born2conquer:

Is is about how far but well, it seems you all have been underestimating that university called FUNAAB and I won’t blame y’all, it’s because the school PR is low and it’s not situated in the center of Abeokuta.

My earlier comment was related to the GRANT ish and i will still maintain my stance on the fact that FUNAAB gets more GRANT than any other university in Nigeria.

In funaab, almost all the senior lecturers got grants ! Grants is like purewater because these guys are too sound!

Go to funaab site and check the publication, even FUNAAB produced the only recognized chicken breed in Nigeria which is FUNAAB alpha.

Do you know about the west africa CAVAA project? Bill gate and melinda grant is something almost all the senior lecturers and all professors have gotten.
If yoh have a doubt, search KOLA ADEBAYO.
Do you know the history of UNAAB (FUTAB/COSTAB), now FUNAAB? Do you know the relationship with the University of Lagos? UNILAG don't run an Agric faculty unlike other big universities. FUNAAB was effectively UNILAG's Faculty of Agric between 1984 through 1988. The achievements of both schools are celebrated but no basis for comparison.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Pchizy: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Congrats, Prof.
I'm so happy for you.
From the research topic, only a microcosm of the grant will be required.
Invest well, enjoy.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Jman06(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
Shikena:

Don't mind them. Even me that I just won N1trillion naira in research grant I didn't announce it and used it judiciously until I woke up in the morning grin
Y'all are tempting me to start mentioning names, but I'll not!

So, let's assume only Unilag's lecturers win research grants for peace to reign. Hope that helps massage your egos
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by justifiedkay01: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
Congrats Prof. This is commendable

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Born2conquer: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
Shikena:

Do you know the history of UNAAB (FUTAB/COSTAB), now FUNAAB? Do you know the relationship with the University of Lagos? UNILAG don't run an Agric faculty unlike other big universities. FUNAAB was effectively UNILAG's Faculty of Agric between 1984 through 1988. The achievements of both schools are celebrated but no basis for comparison.
Thank you for the last line
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by EASY39(m): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Congratulations to our own from IREE Town, Boripe LG, Osun state , Daughter of junior brother of Late S.m Afolabi , former deputy Gov of old Oyo state and former minister of interior.God bless you Aunty Bose .
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by EASY39(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
Prof Abosede Afolabi and her Humble father Asiwaju of Iree town Eng Ade Afolabi.

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by redsun(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
shopwiser:
She don make am for life

Anyone that is genuinely educated is made in life.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Majorzaat(m): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
Congratulations
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by divineappo(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
LegendHero:

Why do I need to lie about a number?

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/contact

oh OK
My apologies for doubting you Sir

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by LegendHero(m): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
divineappo:
oh OK
My apologies for doubting you Sir

Cool bro.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Prajonis: 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
Money dey this life o. Only say a few people na carry all go.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by maasoap(m): 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Its not about actulizing the findings. Why are those findings no published? Or is that another function of the government too?

There are a lots of research wasting away in many Nigeria institutions. Why would you even think that they publish it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown / The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.