Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity (606 Views)

The Scandal Of Census Figures / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results / What Is The Importance Of Census In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by Nchara: 1:15am On Apr 18, 2011
In light of how Igbos presumably voted for GEJ in all parts of the country, and gave him the spread he needed to win, there should be a new census that reflects ethnicity. That way, we are able to determine what number of people make up each ethnic group.
This is one important project that Igbos should fight for before GEJ leaves office after the next 8 years wink wink wink wink.

Even in almighty USA, there is ethnicity in the census.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by blueNwhite: 1:18am On Apr 18, 2011
Not good idea. Igbo would not handle being called minority after the census proves that they are the blacksheep of Nigeria. Go go fulani tribe!
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by Chyz2: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2011
Nchara:

In light of how Igbos presumably voted for GEJ in all parts of the country, and gave him the spread he needs to win, there should be a new census that reflects ethnicity. That way, we are able to determine what number of people make up each ethnic group.
This is one important Project that Igbos should fight for before GEJ leaves office after the next 8 years wink wink wink wink.

I believe this is something that can be done with the GEJ presidency. Buhari would never approve of it.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by Obiagu1(m): 1:26am On Apr 18, 2011
Census is due during GEJ's tenure.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by Nchara: 2:32am On Apr 18, 2011
Igbo is 60% Lagos and 40% of entire SW
Igbo is 30% Kano, 45% Plateau, 30 Kaduna
50% Rivers
70% Abuja, etc
If you agree with me then its okay. If you disagree, please join me in calling for a census that includes questions on ethnicity.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by AljUche: 2:37am On Apr 18, 2011
Nchara:

Igbo is 60% Lagos and 40% of entire SW
Igbo is 30% Kano, 45% Plateau, 30 Kaduna
50% Rivers
70% Abuja, etc
If you agree with me then its okay. If you disagree, please join me in calling for a census that includes questions on ethnicity.

i agree

igbos are at least 20-30 % of NE as well

do u agree
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by Nchara: 2:45am On Apr 18, 2011
Alj Uche:

i agree

igbos are at least 20-30 % of NE as well

do u agree

Yes I do. Its even more, like 45%. If you disagree please ask that ethnicity be an issue in the next census.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by udezue(m): 2:59am On Apr 18, 2011
Amen!!!!
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by AljUche: 3:02am On Apr 18, 2011
Nchara:

Yes I do. Its even more, like 45%. If you disagree please ask that ethnicity be an issue in the next census.

what if u are surprised that ur assumssions are wrong and igbos are a minority (maybe 5 highest) what would u do ?
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by Nchara: 3:05am On Apr 18, 2011
Alj Uche:

what if u are surprised that your assumssions are wrong and igbos are a minority (maybe 5 highest) what would u do ?
That is the surprise I would like to receive, once and for all.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by AljUche: 3:08am On Apr 18, 2011
Nchara:

That is the surprise I would like to receive, once and for all.

i know u would like to recieve that surprise

most likely u would not but incase the results shows otherwise, i can bet it would not be funny are we are talking about it now

and moreover, what are we or you going to gain if an ethnic cencus is carried out.

i mean economic advantage will it be for the Ndigbo
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by dempeople(m): 3:11am On Apr 18, 2011
Ndigbo umunne'm mma mma nu.

@Ciroma, we can never be a minority in 9ja. Go figure. I dare to say we're either the largest or second largest ethnic group in 9ja.
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by AljUche: 3:14am On Apr 18, 2011
dem_people:

Ndigbo umunne'm mma mma nu.

@Ciroma, we can never be a minority in 9ja. Go figure. I dare to say we're either the largest or second largest ethnic group in 9ja.

maybe

maybe not

i think ohaneze should push forward this ethnic cencus so see how many igbos we have in lagos and the country at large.

it would be quite interesting
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by dempeople(m): 3:19am On Apr 18, 2011
Tinubu has already done one in Lagos and found that we're at least 45% of the lagos populace. By the way, how many Kanuris are in 9ja? Like 0.01%?
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by AljUche: 3:26am On Apr 18, 2011
dem_people:

Tinubu has already done one in Lagos and found that we're at least 45% of the lagos populace. B[b]y the way, how many Kanuris are in 9ja? Like 0.01%?[/b]

ur mouth don dey sharp now abi grin

may 0.01% wink

then i think the ethnic cencus tinubu told igbos was for him not chase igbos away from lagos

the same was done by northerners in abuja so they can invest

same was doen by idomas in beune so they can invest

same in rivers state

same in pleteau state

same in even sokoto

all this is to woo the igbos so they can invest in those states, that's all

do not be surprise if kebbi state come tomorro and says igbos are 50 % of the states population smiley
Re: There Should Be A New Census That Reflects Ethnicity by dempeople(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
grin

Which one be say my mouth don dee sharp now? Realistically, how many una dee for 9ja? Una no go reach 5%. Remember, your folks are mainly in Chad as part of the old Bornu empire.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Badluck Is / Black Do Not Read : They Are Like Slaves ! / If Atiku Had Won The Pdp Primaries & Won The Presidential Election; Will There B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.