Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? (20490 Views)

Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) / As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season / How Zambians Reacted To Chipolopolo’s Loss To Super Eagles In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by chaberry(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2021
LoydJ:
Obviously Senegal,Algeria, Egypt, when they already have my favorite Gees in there team,nabir keita nd the Goat himself sadio mane, whilst Salah nd mahrez.
Nabir Keita is Guinean not Senegalese
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2021
All d teams

Super eagles not strong
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Vipro(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2021
small teams
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by majamajic(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2021
kponkedenge:
Forget about African teams being a problem for us.... We need to make the right selection for the upcoming AFCON tournament.

I was watching Ejaria play for Reading yesterday....the young man is so good.... I don't know why the NFF hasn't invited him to represent Nigeria yet....since we are lacking a creative midfielder at the moment.

What about Ademola Lukman and Josh Maja both of Fulham? Eberechi Eze of Crystal Palace?

We need the right selection for this tournament... And I believe with the right selection, we can defeat any team.

Eze is with England u21 at the moment , he switch to Nigeria after that for his senior appearances
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2021
SmartyPants:

Camerounians don't have anything against our team...where did you hear that one?

I never said they had anything in particular against us.

But at the mention of Super Eagles/Nigeria, they automatically go into beast mode. They wanna beat us at all costs regardless.

Now, that doesn't sound like love to me but I am yet to place a finger on it.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by 001spice: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2021
EFULEFU1:
I think Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt will be real hard nuts for the super eagles.

Aside these, which team/s could pose a danger to the eagles?
every Northen Africa teams.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by chiiraq802(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2021
Belgium and France go worry Super Eagles for Afcon ooo.

Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Vipro(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2021
small team
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by hatakekakashi: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2021
kurupt1:
Senegal......Baily,Mane,Amad diallo undecided shocked
Koulibaly, Edouard Mendy....... Their only problem is that they normally underachieve
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by PAWG(m): 8:07am On Apr 03, 2021
kponkedenge:
Forget about African teams being a problem for us.... We need to make the right selection for the upcoming AFCON tournament.

I was watching Ejaria play for Reading yesterday....the young man is so good.... I don't know why the NFF hasn't invited him to represent Nigeria yet....since we are lacking a creative midfielder at the moment.

What about Ademola Lukman and Josh Maja both of Fulham? Eberechi Eze of Crystal Palace?

We need the right selection for this tournament... And I believe with the right selection, we can defeat any team.

Ask yourself, are they still eligible to play for Nigeria or have gone or hoping to go the Tammy Abraham way?
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Legendguy(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2021
Rugaria:
Cameroon has no money to host that tournament. Why do they insist to host it? Thier president is almost dead. They couldn't meet up with the deadline last time and nothing has changed. So Why are they still pretending they can host it?
They hosted Chan this year, which is a step further to hosting d nations cup
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Legendguy(m): 8:13am On Apr 03, 2021
majamajic:

Eze is with England u21 at the moment , he switch to Nigeria after that for his senior appearances
Could you imagine that eze could not feature in any of the matches before they were eliminated?
If he can not get a match to play at youth level is it the senior level he would play.
He better switch to Nigeria to save his career
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by kponkedenge(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2021
PAWG:

Ask yourself, are they still eligible to play for Nigeria or have gone or hoping to go the Tammy Abraham way?

No they haven't.

Ejaria represented England U21, but there's no way England will invite him to their senior team because of the heavy competition for shirt in the midfield.

Ademola Lukman, Josh Maja and Eberechi Eze are all eligible to represent Nigeria since they haven't played for England at the senior team level.

Tammy Abraham can't represent Nigeria anymore, he's now stuck with the English national team forever.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by PAWG(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2021
kponkedenge:

No they haven't.

Ejaria represented England U21, but there's no way England will invite him to their senior team because of the heavy competition for shirt in the midfield.

Ademola Lukman, Josh Maja and Eberechi Eze are all eligible to represent Nigeria since they haven't played for England at the senior team level.

Tammy Abraham can't represent Nigeria anymore, he's now stuck with the English national team forever.

Agreed. What if the bolded have turned us down and prefer to fight for a call to the England team?
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2021
LoydJ:
Obviously Senegal,Algeria, Egypt, when they already have my favorite Gees in there team,nabir keita nd the Goat himself sadio mane, whilst Salah nd mahrez.

nabi keita is from guinea
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by SmartyPants(m): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2021
mansakhalifa:

I never said they had anything in particular against us.

But at the mention of Super Eagles/Nigeria, they automatically go into beast mode. They wanna beat us at all costs regardless.

Now, that doesn't sound like love to me but I am yet to place a finger on it.

Okay coz what you said was those guys don't like our team. Though there was an intense rivalry in the 90s and early 2000s I don't think they are any more motivated to beat us than they are to beat others. And at this point I think most Camerounians accept that were comfortably better.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by quickly: 8:31am On Apr 03, 2021
EFULEFU1:

Good question

Aside from these ones
- Ivory Coast the team is studded with players playing in higher profile clubs etc Pepe, Zaha, Kessie of AC Milan. Wonder kid Amad Dialo of man United etc many more.

Cameroun- when it comes to nations cup they r always a threat and they r d home team. Ignore them at your peril

Ghana. They will always be stubborn to beat and can cause headache

Senegal-most talented team on paper plus Africa footballer of the year

Morroco- another team with good players
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Kinematics: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2021
Senegal, Algeria, Morocco, Cameroon, Ivory Coast and Ghana.

Those are the teams that can give Nigeria problem.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by gawu1: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2021
chiiraq802:
Belgium and France go worry Super Eagles for Afcon ooo.
Any day Manchester United meets Man United we go see good football.
But if Belgium or France meets Super Eagle for Afcon, na over the bar go shine that day pass Ronaldo and Messi together.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by ShoeShineGuy: 8:40am On Apr 03, 2021
"Underate any team at your peril". This one Naija no kuku get better coach that can deploy any obvious tactics.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Rugaria: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2021
Legendguy:

They hosted Chan this year, which is a step further to hosting d nations cup
You have a point there, but Cameroon under Biya has nothing to show. Nothing to offer..
It will be a downgrade from what you saw in Egypt. The country is in shambles. At war, basically in ruins..
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by femi4: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2021
EFULEFU1:

You better put Senegal there
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Rafaeloma: 9:04am On Apr 03, 2021
Only Nigerian players can be a problem to themselves when they fail to their capabilities.
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by kponkedenge(m): 9:23am On Apr 03, 2021
PAWG:

Agreed. What if the bolded have turned us down and prefer to fight for a call to the England team?

Ademola Lukman has stated his desire to play for Nigeria.... I don't know about the others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by stigman(m): 9:28am On Apr 03, 2021
Well if Ghana draw Algeria and comoros win Benin, Nigeria will win the Nations cup
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by IgboWarlord(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2021
The way it is now ehnn?a lot of African countries go give us wahala..Even the ones wey no suppose give us wahala on a good day...
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by 3gpvids: 9:40am On Apr 03, 2021
Petrol
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by 2kurupt(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2021
Morocco and Senegal are no mean feat currently in African football, I believe the Super Eagles can beat them though
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by Pootle: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2021
kponkedenge:

you think say na monkey post wey u go jus select anybody u like....some of the names above need to switch allegiance before they can represent Nigeria
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by bizhop01: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
The current nigeria national team is not good enough to win AFCON

1 Like

Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by 77star: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Please, take Tunisia off that list... nothing special about them always clad in red.

I'm looking at the hosts, Cameroon. The rivalry and the home advantage is something the S/Eagles will have to be wary of if our paths should ever cross during the tournament.
Nations cup final of ur 2000 is about to repeat itself, this time it's Nigeria turn to win it in Cameroon home, that's the pay back
Re: Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? by barajo1(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2021
Comoros

Tanku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year / Manchester United Pursue Bakayoko / Man U Drops To 6th As Dallas Cowboys Remains Most Valuable Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.