Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely (967 Views)

2010 Corolla Gear Not Selecting Well And Not Reaching The Last Gear 4 / Gearbox Honda Accord 2004 Transmission / Nissan Quest 1995 Not Selecting Gears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by Cashogie: 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hi house,

Kindly assist with my 2004 automatic Camry not selecting completely, 1. It jerks when trying to enter gear 2 &3. Secondly, it won't complete the selection after gear 3.
My mechanic introduced me to a gear Man that suggested on working on the fibre.
Please kindly assist on what to do, in order not to tamper with the wrong thing in the car.
Many thanks for your continuous support.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by invectives(m): 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Cleaning the Body Valve,and sometimes changing the Clutch (Fibre) will do the magic....just hope it ain't an electrical problem...go on YouTube and watch videos on it..thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by Mmgboji(m): 3:50am On Apr 03, 2021
Is your check engine light on? If yes.. Then scan an see which code you have then we might have a clue as to what the real issue is. I had a similar issue with same car last year. Mine had P0776, eventually it was an electrical issue which was sorted out by a good electrician. If you listen to all those mechanics you'll change everything in the transmission system and eventually the gearbox. Never throw parts at your car without a proper diagnosis.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by Cashogie: 5:36am On Apr 03, 2021
Mmgboji:
Is your check engine light on? If yes.. Then scan an see which code you have then we might have a clue as to what the real issue is. I had a similar issue with same car last year. Mine had P0776, eventually it was an electrical issue which was sorted out by a good electrician. If you listen to all those mechanics you'll change everything in the transmission system and eventually the gearbox. Never throw parts at your car without a proper diagnosis.
The car was scanned and he said the system is showing something like memory lost but no engine light on.
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by Cashogie: 5:37am On Apr 03, 2021
invectives:
Cleaning the Body Valve,and sometimes changing the Clutch (Fibre) will do the magic....just hope it ain't an electrical problem...go on YouTube and watch videos on it..thanks
Thanks...i really appreciate
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by Chukwujohn(m): 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
Dear op,has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133
Re: Toyota Camry 2004 Transmission Not Selecting Completely by Mmgboji(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
Cashogie:

The car was scanned and he said the system is showing something like memory lost but no engine light on.
There may be an issue with your ECU a.k.a Brainbox. If you can get to test drive with another ECU for that car, we may be able to eliminate that possibility.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz For Sale / Hard Start Is Killing Me... / Bolt/uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.