Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) (1029 Views)

A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST / AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by Ade2K8(m): 5:40am On Apr 18, 2011
Thanks to those still looking for leadership where none has been shown to exist in approx a year or more of holding office, we're once again stuck with the front man for the criminal enterprise called PDP.

Why would Buhari have been a better choice?
1. The bane of Nigeria's development is unrelenting corruption - even Buhari's detractors have never accused him of being a thief.
2. Corruption is the first born of unaccountability - remember the WAI? Do you think govt officials will do as they please in a Buhari administration?
3. Significantly, GEJ has never seemed to have a plan besides winning; what exactly has he done or even articulated in his time in office - you can hardly accuse Buhari of simply occupying space
4. Some say they don't want another Northerner - but with 8 years of OBJ what did you get ? - cellphones and a selective EFCC (even in his time) and billions spent on phantom power generation and, oh yes, rampant corruption. OBJ was and unfortunately, remains a live Southerner
5. Others say Buhari is a tribalist and ethnic and religious bigot - let's even say that's true (for the record, I disagree). Do you truly believe he'll allow a Muslim, Northerner to rob us? Once again, is theft of public funds borne of unaccountability not the root cause of our problems?
6. if you say you voted for the man - not the party, I remind you that all politicians are part of a political machine and cannot operate alone. Wise people say "Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are"

I certainly don't blame the Ijaw or Delta folks for voting for him - one can hardly argue the need for a president from the region that supplies the glue that keeps the country from tearing apart, but all others who voted for him are what we Yoruba call "oponu" i.e. dunces. Foolish, illogical people continue to expect fresh wine from old skin.

Maybe ACN, CPC & ANPP, even APGA can eventually mature enough to form a coalition against these mobsters. It'll be the battle of the "not too bad" (one hopes) against the "really, really, awful"
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by ektbear: 8:20am On Apr 18, 2011
Better choice or not, he made some very poor decisions and didn't make the right alliances. He gets the lion's share of the blame for this defeat. Failing to plan is planning to fail.

I feel no pity for him.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2011
@ekt_bear:

There are so many "rumors" about the demands of each side for the alliance. Looking at the personalities involved, I cannot but wonder what ACN wanted from him for him to decide it was better to lose the presidency than to capitulate. With his record, I personally think the demands may have seemed like an attempt to tie his hands. As it is, "rumors" already state that GEJ has given ACN the 30 Billion they spent on for their campaign with a 5 Billion "extra".

Many Nigerians believe Buhari has lost. Is that really true? His YEARLY pension used to be 250 Million but has now been increased (under Jonathan) to 2Billion a year. Do you still believe he has lost anything? I wonder why anyone would wish to pity Buhari with that income

I think it is Nigeria that lost
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by jensinmi(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2011
nuclearboy:

@ekt_bear:

There are so many "rumors" about the demands of each side for the alliance. Looking at the personalities involved, I cannot but wonder what ACN wanted from him for him to decide it was better to lose the presidency than to capitulate. With his record, I personally think the demands may have seemed like an attempt to tie his hands. As it is, "rumors" already state that GEJ has given ACN the 30 Billion they spent on for their campaign with a 5 Billion "extra".

Many Nigerians believe Buhari has lost. Is that really true? His YEARLY pension used to be 250 Million but has now been increased (under Jonathan) to 2Billion a year. Do you still believe he has lost anything? I wonder why anyone would wish to pity Buhari with that income

I think it is Nigeria that lost

@Nuclearboy: Thank you for explaining to ekt_bear for me jor.

Buhari was the least desperate person running in this election. He has always believed that the end does not justify the means. He was not interested in selling his soul just to get the presidency.

The bible says, what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul??

What would it have profited Muhammadu Buhari if he gained the presidency and lost his soul??
Lost his soul by agreeing to give critical ministries to people who were not trustworthy or lacked integrity.

There are a lot of lessons to be learnt from the life of Buhari. I hope that God gives me the strength to walk in such a path.

A life without compromise with sin or evil is what befits a child of God.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2011
^^ What you just wrote gives me hope for Nigeria.

This man had so many opportunities for compromise - as governor, as GOC, as minister, as head of state and as PTF chairman. People keep saying he "TRUNCATED" democracy when he did not participate in the coup of 1983. Brig-Gen Bako who executed the coup was killed by the Brigade of Guards and the rest of the plotters had a problem with who to choose. Because he was the most trusted, they practically begged him to take the reins of power. MKO Abiola's official autobiography (can be found on the web) tells the story clearly.

But the man does not bother to deny because he knows the "powers that be" know the truth but only use these lies to try to discredit him.

He spends his hundreds of millions from his pension feeding and providing jobs for his people and living a very simple life in their midst. That is why they will die for him and call him the "leader of the masses". If his pocket can alleviate the burden of hundreds, what could Nigeria's pocket do? But we prefer Bode George keeping Billions or OBJ shooting his poor underpaid staff because they stole 2 eggs. And why? Because they are hungry in the midst of opulence.

You have your victory, Nigeria - but I never saw a loss as big as this called a victory before in my life. Educated people should try find out what the US dept of State symposium on these elections disclosed about the actors. Like Jensinmi - I pray I have the strength to live the same type of life.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by jensinmi(m): 11:21am On Apr 18, 2011
@Nuclearboy

Abeg add me on yahoo messenger or any other IM. With people like you, this world can change for the better.
I'm happy to see that you "know the truth" and as the bible has said, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free".
You sir, are a free man.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2011
on the phone now but when home later, I will add you
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by jensinmi(m): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2011
Thanks. I'll pull my address down in 5 minutes so spam bots don't nuke my mail address. I'll be expecting your add request.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by blacksta(m): 11:33am On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari - the last man - maybe could have redeemed Nigeria -
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by moderattor: 11:50am On Apr 18, 2011
@OP

Who told you a coup plotter was the best choice?

Idi.ots!
You thought we would let Buhari rule, then Abacha, then Abubakar, ---, then Yaradua ,then Buhari again?

Nah nah nah
Even if he cried a tanker of tears for every local governement in SE and SS
we will still vote GEJ!
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 11:58am On Apr 18, 2011
@jensinmi:

please write to me at nlbomb@gmail.com. Driving so didn't copy the email address.

@moderattor:

Many of us who support Buhari are yoruba christians. Interestingly, whether Yoruba or Hausa, Christian or Muslim, NOBODY is known to have benefited wrongly from him being governor, minister, GOC, head of state or chairman, PTF. So its not about what we will gain.

Vote GEJ 200, 000, 000, 000 times - it is right for YOU because that is YOUR conviction. But you should not insult people (idi.ots as you call them) because they do not agree with you
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by Ade2K8(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Better choice or not, he made some very poor decisions and didn't make the right alliances. He gets the lion's share of the blame for this defeat. Failing to plan is planning to fail.

I feel no pity for him.

Regardless, I think Naija is the loser here. Maybe GEJ can redeem himself by appointing Buhari EFCC chairman (assuming the man will agree to work with criminals)
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by MyJoe: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
nuclearboy:

But the man does not bother to deny because he knows the "powers that be" know the truth but only use these lies to try to discredit him.
No, Nuclear, he can't. When lower ranking officers plot an overthrow of an elected government and a general accepts to take the reins of power, he is VERY VERY liable and it would be fruitless to try to shirk that liability.

But, of course, Buhari's blatant abuse of power during his reign as maximum ruler sealed his fate as another power hungry African dictator. Someone made a comparison between him and Obasanjo there - yeah, I believe he is far far ahead of the likes of Obasanjo in some aspects of personal integrity and discipline, but I would be apprehensive if someone like him were actually to become president of Nigeria. As I write this, Nigerians are being attacked and killed by his supporters in northern Nigeria and Mr Buhari has refused to asked for calm, even when presented with an opportunity to do so. Where is the statesman? Where is the potential president? For all their faults, that is something an Obasanjo, a Jonathan, or even an IBB, one of the worst human beings ever given birth to in this country, would not do.

This truth is that this sort of attitude defines Buhari. From selective jailing of people when he was head of state to making and using retroactive laws to execute Nigerians, from lack of accountability and lopsided execution of projects at PTF to asking his people to vote along religious lines, to say nothing about his contempt for democracy which saw his only contribution to our efforts to liberate ourselves from Abacha being serving under that government when the goggled one was killing and maiming us, Mr Buhari - let's face it - is not endowed with the qualities to lead a complex multi-religious country like Nigeria.

Beyond the above stated, what are his plans for the country - NEPA, education, water, etc. What has he said about the Niger Delta beyond his belief that since oil is inside the ground and is brought to the surface by foreign experts without local input, the people living in the area don't have much claims? He talks about corruption - how does he intend to tackle it? Does Buhari understand the issues, or does he want to be president because his friends and colleagues have been president for much longer than the 20 months he got? Is a man whose only ambition is to re-write his history the person Nigeria needs at this stage?
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by hercules07: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
MyJoe

Go to Buhari's website, you will see his plans for Nigeria, at least we know that PDP's plan for Nigeria is Sorrow Tears and Blood.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by MyJoe: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^ Yeah. I don't think much of Jonathan, either.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by Rossikk(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
Better choice my fuuking backside.

This violent criminal and thug is who you DARE to associate with Nigeria?

May the blood of all those his lunatic supporters murder in their past and present ''riots'' be on you forever!

Assswipes!!
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
Been awhile I saw you online, MyJoe!

Truth remains that a lot has and can be said of us all. I have a terrible situation in my life right now based on a careless statement I made 13 years back and which was misconstrued by people I expected to trust and hold my back. The damage that caused and continues to has helped me to look at issues from the individuals point of view.

GMB was indeed a tyrant in 1983. I wasn't that young then and remember clearly plus I had an inner circle understanding I cannot detail here. A 40 year old Major-Gen, GOC 82 Div - he gave a condition if he was to become HOS- total obedience and support. He was given it. He made laws; yes draconian; but what were the motives? He was NOT a lawyer or human rights activist! He was simply a man used to being obeyed and watching people rape, pillage and destroy what he loved. History did not support him as both military and civilians were the same prior to him so the press, the elite, the "everybody" gave him no chance. But he had made the laws and they were effectively FEDERAL LAW, binding on ALL Nigerians. I own my own business and at times give instructions that suddenly (even to me) seem stupid under particular circumstances. What do you do, MyJoe, when you have made a law and someone stands against it just because they are used to speaking against everything? Insisting makes you look hard-headed (Buhari) and backing down makes you look weak (Jonathan). Devil versus Deep Sea.

Someone on facebook told me he was among a group of 12 - 14 year olds who went protesting (with Tai Solarin) against armed soldiers in 1984. I asked him if he would send his 3 year old to his neighbor who had a particularly violent Doberman - no response yet and I believe that is what Tai Solarin did. There exists an officer corps and the "other ranks". The other ranks have been given instructions (which make them simply same as a guard dog) and you come against them yet you would have us believe the owner is wrong if there is violence? Why didn't you relax, wait, go yourself when the attack dog is locked up? If today, an armed man rushes into your apartment with gun drawn and asks you to lay down, are you telling me you'll riot or sing songs like Tai Solarin did? Yorubas say "Anger makes you draw a gun, but shame makes you use it". Buhari was angry and was no politician and had drawn his weapon. Methinks the daft person here is the one who dared him.

Yet, I make NO excuse for him. He had good intentions is all I know! Plus I understand the concept of collateral damage. And I know Nigeria changed for the better then so at least those people did not die TOTALLY in vain. Lets compare that to the October 1 bomb blast victims. Or to the corpers from last week.

I (and you) cannot prove GMB has saidd nothing about the riots and violence in the north. You only assume and it is instructive that NOT one riot has been reported in Katsina where he is from. The "powers that be" have muzzled him so effectively that he cannot help them. Please do not blame him for that.

On plans, I laugh - GEJ has stated plans that will require maybe 5 Trillion Dollars. And he has 4 years. Plus he has PDP around his neck to pay off and attempt to control (if he wants to do so). Is it promises you want or reality? He will NOT allow corruption - we know that. I think a lot will fall into place once JUST that is settled
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by MyJoe: 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Have not been logging on much nowadays and on the few occasions I do I seem to find the politics section a little more interesting than good old Religion. Should be back fully soon though.

You make a lot of valid points even though I don’t accept some of your assumptions about Mr Buhari. I also think he had good intentions, but I don’t think Nigeria changed for the better with his intervention. People justify his coup on the basis that the civil regime was corrupt and inept – all military coup makers say that. But consider that the present elections, with all its flaws, is a huge improve on the last three. What would have happened if some military buccaneer had stepped in in 2007? We would have started all over again, rather than be allowed to learn from our past mistakes and improve on them. (Pardon me if I’m sounding like one of them politicians.)

I don’t believe any Nigerian leader since independence has changed Nigeria for the better. To change Nigeria you need to build institutions – Buhari, like the rest, did no such thing. Shooting a few drug pushers and asking people to frog jump for not emptying their trashcans changes nothing. You don’t win a war against corruption using the WAI or EFCC method. Remember Governor Blagojevich of Illinois? He was indicted by the AG of his own government and impeached by the state’s congress. Remember Nixon? He was investigated and brought down by his own FBI. Build strong institutions and corruption will fall overnight! The first step in this direction is holding credible elections because it is a truly elected and accountable legislature that can hold the executive accountable. Let’s hope we have started on that route and that a Buhari will not shoot them out of power because an election is flawed or there is corruption.

My Buhari apprehension stems from the fact that the mindset of the tyrant of 1983 has not changed one bit. Buhari’s utterances reveal a one-track mind who does not grasp the basics of a complex society like ours. A one-track mind guy can break up that country.

A call by Mr Buhari for calm at this time would be replayed and amplified by Radio Nigeria and others. I have not heard any. I guess the possibility he has made such calls and the media have not reported them or they have reported them and I haven’t heard them can’t be completely ruled out. But you will probably understand when I say I won’t bet he has made such calls. And I would think there have been no riots in Katsina because (1) Buhari won Katsina (2) Katsina has no much history of sectarian violence – it’s no Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Bauchi or Jos.

I am not aware the power roadmap requires trillions of dollars. It’s private sector driven. I do agree with you about PDP. I am not crossing my legs and waiting for Mr Jonathan to do anything – just praying and hoping they will disappoint unbelievers like me and do something about the country for once the way they are disappointing unbelievers like me by holding an election with a semblance of freeness and fairness. Talking about Jonathan and Buhari, our political elite did not give us much choice. That is why this election made me sad.

nuclearboy:

He will NOT allow corruption - we know that. I think a lot will fall into place once JUST that is settled
I don’t believe it will. I mean, I’m not so sure that once you tackle corruption a lot will fall into place. Please read my summary of the three main presidential candidates here where I made that argument. And that is another thing I fear about Buhari – he is naïve enough to think that once you fight corruption you get it right. That is assuming, without conceding, that we do know he will not allow corruption, since there was some of it at PTF.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
One issue where I agree 100% with you is his naivety and one-track mind. He has the political dexterity of a hungry baby calling for milk. My ereasoning is very complicated but maybe that is what we need among the sharks. I remember Nixon's "SILENT MAJORITY" speech where he went over the House and direct to the people. It sealed his fate later when they had something over him but gave him the opportunity to move America as he wanted to. I actually prayed for PDP to own the NASS under a Buhari presidency to strengthen yet weaken both institutions for the betterment of Nigeria. Maybe I'm wrong but each would have kept the other on their toes and gotten us the type of government to dream about.

On the current violence, as I type, he has made calls for peace and even disowned those fighting stating that they do not represent him. But except if he is to call a press conference (not too much of a sacrifice, I agree), it seems nobody wants to listen to the "expired Jihadist". Its gone viral on Facebook and the Internet yet government has all but ignored letting his "supporters" know his mind - I guess it provides a means to vote an extra-budgetary "security vote" for peace-keeping in those areas.

The presidents promises are not limited to power by any means. There is a list on a thread here and seeing the promises made at Port-Harcourt beside the Bauchi ones beside the Lagos ones beside the Kogi ones (you get my drift) only shows a plan to get re-elected. Totally funny list. And guess what - his supporters are already saying there are "demonic forces, winches and winzads" in the society out to stop him and if he doesn't fulfill the promises, na dem do am!

As an aside, please come back soon. Religion starts to scare me - people think I'm about Joagbaje when my problem is the ridiculous noisy clanging of empty barrels. Right now, there's a claim to have raised up someone who bled to death. Apparently, after she lost all her blood, she was woken up by him, then taken to a hospital where they replaced her blood. I'm still waiting for understanding of how her organs functioned during the interval when she was bloodless  embarassed Plus there's already at least 2 versions of how it happened.

You and Mad-max. Then I will regain my sanity there
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by Xfactoria: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
@OP:

Just like Wole Soyinka puts it, the grounds on which Buhari's candidacy is being advanced smirks of political and historical naivety.

Buhari's anti-corruption slogan is a ruse. Have you heard about the $2.8m traced to his account with Midland Bank in London by the 2nd Republic Senate team of Investigators that probed the NNPC account when Buhari was Minister of Petroleum? Go ask Chief Olusola Saraki, the then Senate President. He is still alive.

http://www.nigeriaplus.com/all-nigerian-coup-generals-were-rogues-naiwu-osahon/

How about him telling us Abacha never stole money? How about the blood of Barth Owoh and two others crying for justice? How about the blood of Ambrose Alli, Bisi Onabanjo et al who all died or suffered permanent disabilities (Pa Ajasin became blind) after their release from unjust and baseless incaceration  by Buhari?

How about his sectionalism as evident in his management of PTF funds to benefit his section of the country? How about his never been interested in national issues until he started contesting elections. Even at that, how many national debates has he contributed to? Guess he is not that intelligent to so do.

How about his never been part of the struggle to restore Nigeria to democratic rule in Nigeria but would rather "sit-tight" with Abacha and watch him destroy every democratic institution and their vanguards in Nigeria. He simply looked on in those years not caring what happened to us. It beats me how he didn't think there was a need to fight corruption in that government under which he shamefully served.

And just before we rejected him on Saturday, he broke into tears of Thursday! Why would he cry? Does that not tell of desperation? Nigerians simply don't trust him and I believe also that nemesis caught up with him in his arrogance and beclouded conscience. Buhari doesn't have a conscience so he doesn't think he needed to first apologize to all those he had wronged when he was drunk with power as military head of state.

Buhari can never, I repeat never be a better choice to what God has guided us to make - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
How can an over 75 years old terrorist be the best thing to happen to Nigeria ? Some of you guys are so pathetic.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by 2mch(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

How can an over 75 years old terrorist be the best thing to happen to Nigeria ? Some of you guys are so pathetic.

Facts please. You sound like a bluetooth. Ear to ear, beer parlor yarns. Nothing too intelligent.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^

Buhari is 68, not over 75. Awolowo was 74 when he contested in 1983.

Terrorist? Bring facts and not emotion please - we are all learning here.

There is no need to insult anyone for stating their conviction. That they do not agree with you is not reason for abuse.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by hercules07: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
@2Much

Ouch
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by sartorius(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ akin , Why are some bb supporters so pathethic, u can't be more yoruba than those that voted.they ve a right to, if u can't respect their decision then u are no different than a tyrant.I ve no regret, a lot of pple aren't comfortable with him simple.a 70 year old man like buhari wud have vascular dementia, if gej doesn't perform this wud be the end of pdp. Buhari is not change he is part of the past that is still haunting us, personally I don't believe in his economic policies. U make it look as if he is the only one that can fight corruption.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^

You people have won, haven't you? YOU HAVE WON!

So why is it you that is getting angry? Are there nagging fears that the opinions here chafe against or what exactly is the need for insults?
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by moderattor: 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
'This is just the beginning.
If another excelent candidate appears in 2015 against a boko-haram.
we will still vote him into office.

Even if the boko - haram should shed tears everyday he talks on stage.
Even if he is a 99 yr old contesting with a 25 yr old.
Even if he is a retired coup master mind.

The best thing the north should do is produce a Christian aspirant in 2011.
Otherwise , our veto vote thumb print power will put their lights out again till 2019.

And for all you drive drunk Nland buhacrys.
Jonathan is about to blow your mind.
here is A Phd. In power.

During the Biafran war.
We called the northerners "clueless" mumu people.
so they tied our hands and legs , wiped our backs and fried our assess!

Thats why "i dey laugh" when you Buhacrys where calling a Dr. Goddluck Jonathan (Phd. Holder) "Clueless".
The result was fun.
We and the SS tied your hands and legs , wiped your backs and fried our assess!

and all you can do now is attack innocent victims and burn tiers.

Victory is so sweet.
We would so much love to win again in 2015.
We and the south south with some parts of the west.

Muslim Aboki will never see the throne again.

Revenge is sweeeeeet.
mmuuuuaaaaa!
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by MyJoe: 11:56am On Apr 19, 2011
Oh, I see you were talking about Jonathan's campaign promises! Well, all that's just hot breeze. I was talking about his concrete plans, like the power road map.

If you say Buhari has condemned the violence, I assume you got it from a reliable source. Because right on my desk right now are several of today's papers. The Guardian, for instance, reports that the PDP, ACN, CAN, ACF, Atiku and Utomi and calling for an end to the violence. I am trying to locate Buhari's calls in the papers without success. It is possible, of course, that it is there and I am yet to find it, or the paper that carries it is not here - after all, not every single Nigerian newspaper is here. As of 11pm last night I heard some newsreader saying on the BBC that Buhari has refused to call for an end to the violence. Meaning that if he had made any such calls more than 24 hours after the riots started, it was not loud enough for the BBC to pick up. Maybe something's not adding up there.

Yeah, heard Joagbaje now routinely wakes up dead people! I laughed when I saw thread. Hopefully I will be logging on there soon.
Re: Buhari Was A Much Better Choice (so We'll Get The Leaders & Nation We Deserve) by nuclearboy(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2011
There was an explicit statement from him read over and over that any Muslim who killed a non-Muslim living in their midst would never smell the Islamic Paradise. It was not given quick media coverage as media "preferred" to say he was complaining about the elections. More dramatic news and better ammunition against the "holy" one who dared to stand against the establishment.

Which makes me wonder - those lives lost; do we really feel them if we could keep such news preferring election complaints? I really wonder!

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Indegines Should Watchout 4 Mimiko Game Plan / Sex Workers March For Their Rights / Oshiomhole: Needless Grandstanding Over Phcn Privatization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.