Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,883 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:26 PM

Breaking: A Part Of Me Is Gone------odumakin's Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: A Part Of Me Is Gone------odumakin's Wife (325 Views)

Joe, Yinka Odumakin's Wife Gives Birth To Twins In US / Tinubu On A Condolence Visit To Josephine Okei-Odumakin, Wife Of Yinka Odumakin / To Arrest Fani-kayode, Odumakin, Follow Due Process, Court Tells EFCC, DSS, Poli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: A Part Of Me Is Gone------odumakin's Wife by cpu2006(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Mr Yinka Odumakin, renowned human rights activist and the National Publicity Secretary of the pan-Yoruba Socio-political organisation, Afenifere, is dead.

His wife, Dr Joe Okei-Odumakin, who is also an activist has confirmed his shocking passage.

“A part of me is gone. A part of me is gone. He fought hard at the intensive care unit. Pray for me to survive this. My love is gone.

“He was OK before. Even on March 10 he was still attending meetings. He was recovering yesterday but he died this morning. I am at the intensive care unit. A part of me is gone.” The Punch quoted Mrs. Odumakin as saying in complete distraught.

He was reported to have died of Covid-19 complications at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH).

Odumakin was said to have been transferred to LASUTH from the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos, following a deterioration observed in his condition.

The activist has been widely credited for the prominent role he played as an egghead of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) that fought the military regime in the country following the annulment of the June 12, 1993 election won by late Chief M.K.O Abiola.

He was also one of the spokespersons of the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders’ Forum (SMBLF), the body representing ethnic nationalities in the South-West, South-South, South-East and the Middle Belt.

Odumakin has been one of the vociferous critics of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government on many fronts.

Recently, he had condemned at different times, the attacks by Fulani herdsmen in some Southwest communities.

Also, the late Afenifere spokesman recently warned against attempt by the police to arrest O’odua Activist, Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, otherwise known as Igboho in the wake of the quit notice he issued to the Fulani herdsmen in Ibarapa, Oyo State.
Re: Breaking: A Part Of Me Is Gone------odumakin's Wife by Ademola47(m): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
Death is inevitable!

Good or bad; rich or poor; healthy or sick; literate or illiterate; every soul shall taste it.
Re: Breaking: A Part Of Me Is Gone------odumakin's Wife by debbydams(f): 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rip
Re: Breaking: A Part Of Me Is Gone------odumakin's Wife by Oksman(m): 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
Oh my God! This is devastating not only to her but to me also! He was one of the most articulate activist in nigeria.
May your soul rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

Lasg Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction, Upgrade Of Adeniji-adele Road / Reaction Of Yoruba People When They Heard Sunday Igboho's House Was Attacked / They See Nothing But Doom Day, Doomsday Dey Foresee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.