Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Ozo Title And Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ozo Title And Christianity (498 Views)

Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozo Title And Christianity by marvel2011(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
I am very sorry if not for seeking advice alone on this platform. I would also have gone to my spiritual head for such advice but I feel he may scold me and never accept my own views. I am a born again Christian, I actually have my life to Christ since 1993 since then I have been preaching the gospel and involved in so many spiritual activities in the church and the entire neighborhood. I had gotten so many converts under my ministrations.
My dad is an Ozo makers. In my place, Ozo title is regarded as the highest Igbo title taking which one would aspire to have or attain. My dad is 89 years old now and he called on me asking me to take up the Ozo title as his representative in our entire family. Although, I am not the first son but my elder brother outrightly refused to accept this offer. The offer had come with a lot of benefits. Choice lands, cars and property await me if I accept this offer. I am total confuse now. I don't know if I should accept this offer as a born again Christian or reject this offer. I am totally confuse. Please someone should advice me before I take up a dangerous decision in my Christian Life.
Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hello sir.
The Bible says;the light have nothing to do with darkness and be not unequally yoked with unbelievers.
The truth is,becoming an ozo title holder comes with a lot of sacrifices and libations to idol and this is pure IDOLATRY.
If you truly love Christ like he loved you,nothing would be able to separate you from the love of Christ.
Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by FirstSon01: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Dude, take your title and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

after all your same bible said "give to Ceaser what is Ceaser's" so grant your old father his wish. cheesy
Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
marvel2011:
I am very sorry if not for seeking advice alone on this platform . I would also have gone to my spiritual head for such advice but I feel he may scold me and never accept my own views. I am a born again Christian, I actually have my life to Christ since 1993 since then I have been preaching the gospel and involved in so many spiritual activities in the church and the entire neighborhood. I had gotten so many converts under my ministrations.
My dad is an Ozo makers. In my place, Ozo title is regarded as the highest Igbo title taking which one would aspire to have or attain. My dad is 89 years old now and he called on me asking me to take up the Ozo title as his representative in our entire family. Although, I am not the first son but my elder brother outrightly refused to accept this offer. The offer had come with a lot of benefits. Choice lands, cars and property await me if I accept this offer. I am total confuse now. I don't know if I should accept this offer as a born again Christian or reject this offer. I am totally confuse. Please someone should advice me before I take up a dangerous decision in my Christian Life.
A born again Christian is one who accepts(trusts) and obeys the teachings/ commandments of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone, and one of the commandments is that His followers never called any man, as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned, "father". So if you born-again is truly of God and not man-made, how could you not know this? undecided

A born again follower of Jesus Christ calls no man teacher or adviser, because Jesus Christ is the Only counselor and Teacher to all those who are His followers. Why would one who supposedly has the very Spirit of Truth inside of them not know this? undecided
Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A born again Christian is one who accepts(trusts) and obeys the teachings/ commandments of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone, and one of the commandments is that His followers never called any man, as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned, "father". So if you born-again is truly of God and not man-made, how could you not know this? undecided

A born again follower of Jesus Christ calls no man teacher or adviser, because Jesus Christ is the Only counselor and Teacher to all those who are His followers. Why would one who supposedly has the very Spirit of Truth inside of them not know this? undecided
Are you aware that you did not answer his questions?
You are always jumping from thread to thread saying senseless things

1 Like

Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by marvel2011(m): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2021
PRE4:

Are you aware that you did not answer his questions?
You are always jumping from thread to thread saying senseless things
I was confused sef. I don't understand the guys write up

1 Like

Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
marvel2011:
I was confused sef. I don't understand the guys write up
You don't understand.. let me repost it then....
Kobojunkie:

Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 2:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
My Dad is also an Ozo title holder....i definately will take when i meet all the criteria. Your kinsmen want to elevate you. You are talking about a dead jew you read in a book that the people who came to enslave your ancestors gave you...

I pray for the day, foolishness and white mans bull shit will end in our land..
Re: Ozo Title And Christianity by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
sonmvayina:
My Dad is also an Ozo title holder....i definately will take when i meet all the criteria. Your kinsmen want to elevate you. You are talking about a dead jew you read in a book that the people who came to enslave your ancestors gave you...

I pray for the day, foolishness and white mans bull shit will end in our land..
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Video: Prophet Odumeje Conducts Strange Deliverance On Woman With Breast Cancer / The Christian Hypocrisy / Mount Zion Announces Release Date For Abejoye 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.